Just got an email from Donruss/Pannai about my replacment.

vetsgt02

Bench Warmer
ad a redemption out for a Doucett I really needed for my collection and there were only 10 made. Well Donruss informed me that about 6 got destroyed so they could not give me my redemption and offered me a replacement for it. I was not really expecting much but gave them a list of Cardinals and other guys I would like and found out this morning my replacement has been sent out.

Here is the doucett I should of got before the mix up:

by: Donruss 2008 Playoff National Treasures
Rookie Combo Signature Prime Materials Gold Card #129 ( / 10)
Early Doucet III

Here is what I am getting:

by: Donruss 2009 Playoff Prestige
Prestigious Picks Signatures - Black Card #12 (7 / 100)
Chris Wells, Ohio State ,RB

Not sure what to think the Doucett was numbered to 10 but Wells is a way better player so this might be fair.

I don't know anything about value of the players... but they are trading out a high end product for prestige and a higher #'ed card... But as long as you like the players...

I don't know anything about value of the players... but they are trading out a high end product for prestige and a higher #'ed card... But as long as you like the players...

Ya I am not sure what to think. I am waiting for the package to come in and see whats up but I might call them a bring up those points. Doucett is not a high end guy at all but National Treasures is a great brand and I hate Prestige

yeah a highend low # for a low end mid number :scratch:

only thing you are upgrading is WR to RB...i think LSU and OSU buyers are about the same as far as buying habits...

i would have told them you wanted something that was /4 then from a high end brand...seriously i hate when they swap you something from a different product...

Personally, I'd rather have a higher numbered auto from a lower end brand of a guy who might play then someone who will probably be playing catch on the sidelines or dressed in street clothes. And Ohio State has a strong following. That card with him in an OSU uniform will be a plus :salut:

Thanks for the comments everyone. I will probably try and trade it for something of a better brand. I think if they were going to swap out something /10 for a higher print run it should at least be for a card numbered /50 or /25 and the card I was suppose to get was a GU'ed/Auto/10 I should of probably at least got a GU/auto in return. I am waiting to see if they sent anything extra with this package before I get upset but I was really looking forward to the Doucett. Who knows maybe Wells will have a great season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will tracking number shows it was delevered to Trona (where I live) yesterday so I should get it today I guess. I will keep everyone updated on if it was just the one card or if they actually sent me a few extras or something. I have a feeling this is going to be a nightmare and I will be calling them to find out how they thought this was a fair replacment.

package came in I will open and post results after I get home from work. In the mean time I am preparing for the worse. The more I have thought about it the more I agree with you guys seems like getting a card from Prestige to replace a card from National Treasures is kind of a kick in the you know where.

Personally, I'd rather have a higher numbered auto from a lower end brand of a guy who might play then someone who will probably be playing catch on the sidelines or dressed in street clothes. And Ohio State has a strong following. That card with him in an OSU uniform will be a plus
gotta agree w/you on that one:salut:

Checked the package it is just the prestige. I was hoping they would at least throw a pack in ther eor something but no. Not sure if I should complain or just cut my losses.

Back