Bought a Michael Jordan RC today.... Need your opinions

Craig N

Bench Warmer
Hey guys, I bought a collection off some dude, knowing he had 1 of these in there. I did not pay alot for all this stuff because it was from a garage sale. I used the pointers on websites, and they all checked out. I even took it to 2 card shops here in Colorado, they all looked at it with a magnifying glass and compared it to the real ones they had(Not just other 86 87 Fleer Base, but another BGS Jordan). Im really excited about it, but I need to know what you think. I dont want a graded one, but I understand thats the only way to tell. Granted, my scanner is terrible, but the card is not blurry or as grany looking as it looks in scans. Lmk what you guys think. Any help would be appreciated.

The following pictures are scans with the case on. Can see colors better....

Jordan9.jpg

Jordan11.jpg

Jordan10.jpg

Jordan12.jpg

Ok now all of these do not have the case on. It makes it duller and grainier.

Jordan1.jpg

Jordan3.jpg

Jordan4.jpg

Jordan5.jpg

Jordan6.jpg

Jordan7.jpg

won't lie, impossible for me at least to tell without holding card physically in hand. Best bet is to grade it. Great add though, must have addition to your collection.

no clue, only way id buy one is certified authentic, you dont have to get it 'graded' but a BGS or PSA AUTHENTIC slab would definately increase the sell value of it

no clue how you go about doing it, but its out there, alot of high end rare stuff will just get the beckett Authentic case on it, i know the Mother Teresa cut auto 1/1 out of Turkey Red or A&G was put in one at the 07 National in Cleveland

In all reality, with certain cards, getting it graded is the only way to go. Not only will it determine authenticity, it will give it a "real" value based on condition. This card is one that has been faked so many times, and where the difference in value from a PSA 8 to a PSA 9 is roughly $600-700, it'd be the way to go. Even if you have no intention of selling now, you never know what the future holds.

Most people won't touch that card in raw form, and getting it authenticated and not graded would only hurt its value as most buyers would take it as a sign of problematic condition.

In all reality, with certain cards, getting it graded is the only way to go. Not only will it determine authenticity, it will give it a "real" value based on condition. This card is one that has been faked so many times, and where the difference in value from a PSA 8 to a PSA 9 is roughly $600-700, it'd be the way to go. Even if you have no intention of selling now, you never know what the future holds.

Most people won't touch that card in raw form, and getting it authenticated and not graded would only hurt its value as most buyers would take it as a sign of problematic condition.

I was going say this but you said it better than I could have. :)

ya thanks guys ir eally appreciate all the help. Im going to send it in to BGS. I only have 15 bucks into this card and 5000 others from the mid 80s...lol. So for a 2 day with 2 day shipping I will have a total of 58 dollars into it. Not a bad turnaround if it comes back real.

ya thanks guys ir eally appreciate all the help. Im going to send it in to BGS. I only have 15 bucks into this card and 5000 others from the mid 80s...lol. So for a 2 day with 2 day shipping I will have a total of 58 dollars into it. Not a bad turnaround if it comes back real.
helluva steal if it comes back real.

ya i know. Even if it comes back fake, I coulda spent that on packs and not hit anything. I personally would bet its real. Like the guys at the shops told me, its a hell of a fake if it is indeed fake.Everything was coordinating. Looking forward to seeing what I get. When you send something in to get graded, will they email the results or you have to wait until you get the card?

The real ones are watermarked. Light a match and hold it right up to the front surface and see if the watermark is visible.

ya i know. Even if it comes back fake, I coulda spent that on packs and not hit anything. I personally would bet its real. Like the guys at the shops told me, its a hell of a fake if it is indeed fake.Everything was coordinating. Looking forward to seeing what I get. When you send something in to get graded, will they email the results or you have to wait until you get the card?

Generally they'll send you an e-mail letting you know your grades are posted and you can view them at the website.

Back