Basketball MICHAEL JORDAN is now a HALL OF FAMER.... BUT.....is he THE BEST EVER?

IS HE THE BEST EVER??

• YES, DEFINITELY the GREATEST EVER!

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • it's TOO TOUGH TO COMPARE

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • He's GREAT, but NOT #1

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
i did not see it in the site rules about not being able to type a certain way. if it is a rule then please lmk, otherwise i am sorry you have to read it like that.

208963 said:
think i may have said this already but good to see you here.

tim/208963

Thanks man!! I dont know you under this nick but probably under another. I know my opinions and my anolgies are sometimes discredited or hated. But I just offer an different view on things.

Thanks for the support!!

heath23 said:
i did not see it in the site rules about not being able to type a certain way. if it is a rule then please lmk, otherwise i am sorry you have to read it like that.

it's not a rule, just a pet peeve (like i mentioned in my post)
i was just wondering why you typed like that

Michael Jordan is the best ever. You also need to add what he did in college to his resume. He is HOFer, and the HOF does take in consideration what happened in college.

Lebron = No College, 2x all star MVP , rookie of year, 1 gold medal, 0-1 in NBA Finals.
Jordan = NCAA Champion. College Player Of The Year, 5 MVP's 6 Finals MVP's 2 Slam Dunk Titles, 3 allstar MVP, rookie of the year, 6 nba titles. 2 gold medals, 1 Defensive Player of the year. Career 30.1 PPG scorer. 6-0 in NBA Finals

Lebron has a long long long way to go before he even comes close to over taking Jordan. Jordan did it on 2 levels, Lebron sold out which is fine.

Ground Support said:
Michael Jordan is the best ever. You also need to add what he did in college to his resume. He is HOFer, and the HOF does take in consideration what happened in college.

Lebron = No College, 2x all star MVP , rookie of year, 1 gold medal, 0-1 in NBA Finals.
Jordan = NCAA Champion. College Player Of The Year, 5 MVP's 6 Finals MVP's 2 Slam Dunk Titles, 3 allstar MVP, rookie of the year, 6 nba titles. 2 gold medals, 1 Defensive Player of the year. Career 30.1 PPG scorer. 6-0 in NBA Finals

Lebron has a long long long way to go before he even comes close to over taking Jordan. Jordan did it on 2 levels, Lebron sold out which is fine.

Just on a sidenote here. I honestly give no credit to MVP's, Final MVP's, Slam Dunk and All stars. Aside from Defensive player of the year, the rest are bogus. My reason? They all are voted. Votes given based on the judgement by a writer or journalist. Same guys that can easily be swayed due to favortism or even (Im not saying it happens, but im not saying it doesnt happen) media/advertising. Who knows, make Nike can sway a vote. Or sell more because of it!! Its possible!!

If we are talking about a career in the NBA, then we dont need to count college. If we are discussing as a player and achievements, then sure.

Do players get inducted into the HOF based on college / NBA career or is it one or the other? Ive never really paid attention.

They judge what you have done for the game of basketball.

College is included. Thats why you always see college coaches getting inducted into the Basketball HOF.

Its not the NBA HOF, its the Basketball HOF.

I agree with you to a degree about the voting, but Jordan only won 5 MVP's.. I believe Karl Malone, and Barkley beat him out during 2 of Jordan's six title runs.. So Twice people voted against Jordan when he went on to lead his team to the NBA Title.

The Bulls won 69 Games, Jordan lead the league in scoring, and Karl Malone still won the MVP.

1996–97 NBA season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back