My 1952 Topps Project

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
For years, I dreamed of assembling a complete basic set if 1952 Topps baseball. I thought it would be the ultimate accomplishment. Several months back, I decided it was time to quit dreaming and start doing.

I knew the set could take a lifetime to complete...but if I was ever going to, I needed to start. So, I decided to plan it out. I would do a basic set, 407 cards. All red backs (so no series 1 black backs) and no variations. That alone would be challenging enough. I want to do a graded set, between the grades of 3-6 or so. Centering is important as I care about eye appeal. I am willing to settle on grade somewhat as long as eye appeal is there.

So, I started to pick up cards. Thus far, I have only 8 (399 to go) and except for a Hall of Famer (Ashburn)...they are all commons. But, it's a start. I'm hoping, starting next month to pick up one card per month. I'll post them here as I get them. Here is what I have so far.

Last edited:
Good luck!
Thanks. I'm just going to slowly work on this. I think it will be fun and someday, when it complete I will have something to be really proud of.

I actually bid on a card tonight on eBay but I got outbid. That's OK, I will find another.

Here is my latest addition. I paid a little more than I wanted to with this one...but the colors are just amazing and I love the background.

Back