My Graphing Thread

Another nice day, for sure. What does that bring the total on the year to now? We need to come up with another semi-unrealistic yearly goal for you to crush by October. :LOL:

Hmm well I'll have to see, things may slow down for me in a few months. Just want to do as much as I can this spring/summer. It seems so far I have like 232 in 2013 between basketball and hockey. Approaching 100 in hockey.

Ok I had a nice day graphing. Did the Red Sox and Padres. Also last night I remembered the Penguins were playing the Rangers so I brought my stuff for them too just in case. Didn't do too well with the Red Sox, got my fair share of coaches etc today.

Luke Gregerson 1/1
Saltalamacchia 1/2
Everth Cabrera 2/2
Coach Juan Nieves 1/1
Broadcaster Mark Grant 2/2
Coach Glenn Hoffman 1/1
Nick Hundley 2/2
Coach Phil Plantier 2/2
Eric Stults 1/1
David Ross 1/2
Huston Street 4x6 (forgot I had a card of him too)

IMG01895_zps20350016.jpg

IMG01898_zpsb8b43c05.jpg

Missed Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes when I got there. Couple others I missed were Mike Carp and Will Venable. One person got Ortiz, he happened to be at the right spot alone. Some players that didn't sign: Andrew Cashner, Ellsbury, Dempster, Kotsay, Lackey, Andrew Miller, Dave Roberts, Victorino. Didn't see Pedroia. Went over to do Penguins afterwards. Got one of the good ones.

Brenden Morrow 2/2
Broadcaster Phil Bourque 2/2
Tomas Vokoun 2/2
Jarome Iginla 8x10
Douglas Murray 1/1

IMG01896_zps8f0e1163.jpg

IMG01899_zps90e68324.jpg

Couldn't get Pascal Dupuis, James Neal, Fleury. Was one person away from getting Malkin at the end. Couple others didn't sign. Worthwhile day for me. At least I was able to walk away with one star. And I'm glad I got a Shark, I figured I would be able to spot Douglas Murray. Hope I can get a pic with him if I do the Penguins here in a few weeks. Up next could be the Marlins and Bucks Friday and then the Maple Leafs Saturday night. Don't get many "busy" graphing weeks like this. Thanks for reading.

Hey guys, I had a decent day today, and an interesting one. Didn't get anything spectacular but I did randomly meet a couple celebs; a musician and a TV personality. I'll post about my day tomorrow.

Ok so I went for the Marlins yesterday. By certain standards, I did fine with them.

Chris Coghlan 1/2 (Didn't sign team 8x10 from last season)
Added Rob Brantly and Ryan Webb to 2012 Marlins 8x10
John Maine 2/2
Ricky Nolasco on 2012 team 8x10 and then a card

IMG01900_zps5f5d6c6e.jpg

IMG01901_zpscdad4cff.jpg

I was a little late for a couple guys. We missed guys like Slowey and A.J. Ramos because we weren't sure about them. Chad Qualls didn't sign. Giancarlo signed for 2 that snuck inside and no one by the bus. Polanco signed for a few. After the first bus left everyone left but I stayed. While I was waiting for more Marlins, I saw a couple celebs. Apparently there was also some comedy roast for Bob Saget going on. I heard something about Gene Simmons being there. Saw him come out, decided to get a pic with him. A minute later I saw Al Roker and also got a pic with him. Sometime after, Blondie appeared too. Had no idea it was her, security told me. I didn't see anybody board the 2nd bus but I had to leave a little early because I was doing the Milwaukee Bucks next, met up with my friend there. Did alright.

Good ol' asst coach Joe Wolf 1/1
Asst coach Sidney Moncrief 1/1
Mike Dunleavy 1/2
John Henson on UNC 8x10
Asst coach Anthony Goldwire 2/2 (Barely got him, was running late)
Ersan Ilyasova on 4x6 (Forgot to get my card at home)
Monta Ellis 1/1
Luc Mbah A Moute 1/1
Samuel Dalembert on Seton Hall 8x10 and card
Drew Gooden 1/2

IMG01902_zps9381501b.jpg

IMG01904_zps8cf9b93c.jpg

IMG01903_zpsfea9bed8.jpg

IMG01905_zpsc36b5b10.jpg

Only like 4-5 people there. Jennings and Redick didn't sign of course. Joel Pryzbilla wouldn't even sign for me. Ekpe Udoh didn't sign for my friend. Missed Larry Sanders and Marquis Daniels. I know Goldwire was running late but I'm just unhappy with how he signed my cards (at least the 2nd one looked a little better), was looking forward to seeing him. Same thing with how Dalembert signed my SHU piece. Joe Wolf would've given Henson and Dalembert a hard time about how they signed if he saw lol. Pretty decent day with these 2 teams, and nice surprises with Simmons and Roker. As for what's next...might do Maple Leafs tonight. Could hit up Sixers Tuesday and maybe some hockey next week. Thanks for reading.

I have a question. Do you ever have any of these guys recognize you from other dates?

Decent day, yesterday, by the way. Thanks for sharing!

Oh yes there are some. For me one example would be Joe Wolf. He's actually one of my favorites. Some of the coaches will remember and greet couple of the legendary graphers over the years, decades. I've heard about Boston coach Doc Rivers giving money to one of the women. He's another good-hearted guy. There are very few road guys that may actually remember me so well.

Hey guys. I did the Senators last night, did very well. I was hoping to do the Bruins Weds night and maybe get Jaromir Jagr. Unfortunately there was a chance of rain during that time. I found out from some of the guys there that it was pouring and stuff (I'm surprised it was actually pouring). Very few guys did sign. Tyler Seguin did...and Jagr did too....I heard security was great, equipped with umbrellas to protect everyone. I would not have liked to risk the rain (esp with things getting wet and damaged) but turns out it worked well for those wanting Jagr, signed for everyone. Hope I have another chance for Jagr in the postseason perhaps. Anyway, let me get back to last night. It was another night where showers were a possibility. The mist ended by the time we got there. A brief mist returned late while graphing the Devils.

Chris Neil 1/1
Sergei Gonchar 2/2 4x6 and card
Marc Methot 1/1
Coach Paul MacLean 2/2 (Glad he signed this time)
Robin Lehner 2/2
Colin Greening 1/1
Daniel Alfredsson 8x10
Milan Michalek 2/2

Devils:

Henrik Tallinder 1/1

IMG01911_zpsa0a9ea00.jpg

IMG01915_zpsa0a5aeef.jpg

IMG01920_zpsef244c37.jpg

Missed Jim O'Brien, Latendresse, Patrick Wiercioch and Craig Anderson. Didn't see coach Rick Wamsley. Only a few Devils signed, Tallinder was the one that isn't a regular signer. Unfortunately there was a mist of rain while I was waiting for him (You might get a sense of that in the pic). Didn't cover my card and my sharpie was uncapped for a minute or 2. Pretty good night though. Very happy I got Mr. Senator this time around. Might do a couple things next week. D'Backs and Atlanta Hawks are on Weds and then Devils/Panthers Saturday afternoon. Might even do the Mets Friday. Thanks for reading.

Right now trying to think about stuff for the Diamondbacks. I really want to get Eric Chavez, among a few others, on something cool. Can't find any large images of him on the A's and I don't have the right mini helmet for him. Unless I miraculously find a decent image, I might have to go with a 4x6. :rolleyes: They come back in a couple months so hopefully I can get an A's helmet by then. They have a lot of decent coaches too....it's insane. Matt Williams, Kirk Gibson, Alan Trammell, Charles Nagy, Don Baylor. Even guys like Tom Candiotti, Steve Sax and Turner Ward. One of the most experienced staffs you'll ever see.

Had a 2-part day. I actually expected getting like 30 autos today. I went after the Diamondbacks today and then after that I wanted to do the Hawks. There was a chance the Pistons were at the same place too, but turns out they weren't. Today could've been better, thank God I got couple sweet ones. I would've liked to have gone yesterday (where practically everyone except Goldschmidt signed) but I wanted to do the Hawks too.

Brad Ziegler 1/2
Heath Bell 1/1 (Forgot about my 2012 Marlins team item, one of many things I forgot today...)
Goldschmidt on 4x6
Miguel Montero 1/2
Coach Matt Williams on SF mini helmet (This really saved me)
Trevor Cahill 2/2
Cody Ross 1/2
Ian Kennedy 2/2
Brandon McCarthy 1/2
Broadcaster Bob Brenly 1/1

IMG01933_zps60a534cc.jpg

IMG01934_zpscc6f8618.jpg

IMG01937_zpsebafd57b.jpg

Have to come back in July to get a lot of these guys, especially those coaches. Now on to the Hawks. First let me tell you guys about graphing the Hawks' hotel. Now I already knew the team was mostly 1-per. Today I was able to get coach Bob Weiss on 2 cards so I thought things were improving. But when I tried to get Horford on 2 cards, the guard didn't let that happen. Their head security guard made some rules early this season. Now he gives players a black sharpie to sign with and doesn't even let you take pics with them...ridiculous. He probably doesn't allow them to sign blanks either, I didn't try. I hate this crap, unnecessary.

Broadcaster Dominique Wilkins 1/1
John Jenkins 1/1
Coach Bob Weiss 2/2
Al Horford 1/1
Devin Harris 1/1
Johan Petro on 11/12 Nets team 8x10
DeShawn Stevenson 1/1
Kyle Korver 1/1
Josh Smith 1/1

IMG01938_zpsd4e70258.jpg

IMG01939_zps4cf2b8fe.jpg

I missed Nick Van Exel, maybe Jeff Teague. Big thanks to homegirl for hooking me up with a card for Dominique and Josh Smith. Forgot to gather something for them. Didn't even realize Lester Conner was part of the staff. I had a pic with him I needed to get signed! And I was hoping that somehow that security guard wouldn't be there, I heard he actually didn't make one of the trips here. At least he isn't a jerk, I'll give him that. Afterwards I could've met Ricky Gervais, he was on Jon Stewart. But I didn't feel like waiting more, just wanted to go home. Friday I might go to Citi Field for the Mets and maybe some Nationals. Could do the Devils/Panthers postgame Saturday. Thanks for reading.

Hey guys, yesterday I went to Citi Field for the New York Mets and maybe get a couple Nationals. Had a pretty good day. Got a sunburn but oh well haha. Got off to a start on my custom 8x10 for 2013.

Coach Tim Teufel 2/2 (Kid gave him a black sharpie so he signed for everyone with it)
Added Scott Rice, Anthony Recker, Jeremy Hefner, John Buck, Justin Turner, Scott Atchison, Daniel Murphy, Brandon Lyon, Dillon Gee, Collin Cowgill, Mike Baxter, LaTroy Hawkins, Matt Harvey! and Jeurys Familia to the team 8x10
Nats coach Tony Tarasco 1/1
Also got John Buck on a card

IMG01941_zpsc5d6908f.jpg

IMG01942_zps99a8d8b3.jpg

I was kind of surprised to get Justin Turner, last year he never really signed out there. He was with a few players, I called for him and he came by. Surprised about Matt Harvey too, esp because he was pitching. And I was so freakin close to getting Bryce Harper!! 2 people away! If I would've ran over there right away I would've gotten him. Ugh. After I was done at Citi Field I decided to checkout things for the Celtics and/or Bulls. They play today. Someone told me they arrived an hour before I got there. I only hung around there a little, only saw Courtney Lee and maybe Brandon Bass. Also think I saw coach Armond Hill. I didn't feel like going back into the city for them today, don't want another long day. However I'll be doing the Panthers/Devils postgame in a couple hours. Tuesday I could do the Dodgers, Celtics and Devils/Canadiens, whoo. Thanks for reading.

Did alright with the Devils/Panthers postgame.

Jack Skille 1/1
Broadcaster Randy Moller 2/2
Jacob Markstrom 1/1
Dmitry Kulikov 1/1
Brian Campbell 2/2
Shawn Matthias 2/2
George Parros 2/2 (Those got smeared badly, ew)

Devils side:

Steve Bernier on 11/12 team photo (It's in black)

IMG01943_zpsdf029511.jpg

IMG01945_zps34a47ccc.jpg

At least later on, someone was generous and gave me one of his flawless Parros since he got a few signed. In the pic, that card is the one separate from the other cards. I'm glad at least I recognized Moller, no one else went for him. Took me a few seconds to remember his name and I was able to get his attention right at the last second. Coach Dineen and Gord Murphy didn't sign. Missed Fleischmann. Same thing happened with coach Craig Ramsey as with Moller, but I was a little late. Of course it was packed for the Devils on an afternoon. It was as if it was a Stanley Cup game. Only stayed for a little. As for what's next, Tuesday will be a busy one. Dodgers are in town along with the Celtics. Might try for some NFL Draft hopefuls too. Also Devils/Canadiens play so I might do them postgame. Thanks for reading.

Ok a lot was going on in the city yesterday. LA Dodgers, Celtics and a Knicks fan fest going on around Manhattan throughout the day. I wasn't able to go check out anything while I was doing the Dodgers. Some former players I missed were John Starks, Anthony Bonner, Larry Johnson and Bernard King. Also I could've seen some of the future NFL draft picks but I didn't really have much time. So anyway let me begin with the Dodgers, things certainly could've been better. Early on, we saw Joe Montana walking by, I was in disbelief. Signed for a few people. I decided to try to get him on a blank a few seconds later. Crossed the street and then called him from a couple feet behind but he wouldn't sign. Anyway back to the Dodgers:

Coach Tim Wallach 2/2
J.P. Howell 1/1
Jerry Hairston Jr. 1/2
Matt Kemp 1/1
Hanley Ramirez on Marlins mini helmet (Didn't expect to get him)
Ted Lilly 1/2
Adrian Gonzalez 1/2
Ramon Hernandez 2/2
Broadcaster Steve Lyons 1/1 (My first time getting Lyons, seems like he inscribes everything with 'PSYCHO'. At first I thought he was putting a proverb lol)

IMG01947_zps8ff8a53b.jpg

IMG01950_zpsfcf4d937.jpg

I actually saw Celtics coach Doc Rivers out and about and greeted him. I had my stuff for him in my bag but didn't feel like getting it. As he was walking away I told him I'd get him later in the day. He laughed and said alright. Turns out I should've gotten him on one of my things. Later on I actually saw Danny Ainge, who has some top position with them. This time I went after him but he said that he doesn't sign. -_- So after I got Kemp, I decided to go to the other spot to avoid missing anyone. 2 minutes later, Carl Crawford came out. I also missed Juan Uribe. Mark McGwire only signed for a couple people. There were quite a few people there later so a lot didn't sign. Among those that didn't sign were Kenley Jansen, Kershaw (pitching), Punto, Brandon League and Schumaker. Josh Beckett said maybe on the last day and coach Davey Lopes denied like 3 times on the day. Ethier wasn't really noticed as Gonzo was signing and same with Mattingly while Hanley was signing. I need to go back for this team next time....After this I went over to do the Celtics. This was like the Lakers a few months ago....just not as bad. It started out alright. A few graphers, one of them brought 2 young girls in the hope one of the bigger ones will sign...lol. Later on a few teen fans came by, 1 had a jersey. As time went by, randoms gathered. One of the downsides of having a slightly later gametime. There ended up being 40-50 people there at most. I still did alright, the crowd prevented a couple from signing.

Shavlik Randolph 2/2
Brandon Bass 2/2
Jeff Green 2/2
Courtney Lee 2/2
Coach Doc Rivers 1/2
Jason Terry 1/2

IMG01948_zpsfa744608.jpg

When I asked Shavlik he said, "Not with you wearing that hat." (He went to Duke and I was wearing a UNC hat) First time seeing him, very nice guy. Avery Bradley, Tyronn Lue, Jordan Crawford, Chris Wilcox didn't sign. Pierce and Garnett (shocker) also didn't sign and Rondo I believe wasn't with the team. Also didn't see Terrence Williams and D.J. White unfortunately. After things were done I decided to check out MSG for what was going on, if any of those former players were around. I didn't see any but before I left I did see ESPN analyst Chris Broussard get out of a car and got a pic with him. Nice timing. As for the rest of the week, tomorrow is the Devils/Penguins. Final game of the season for the Devils so hopefully I can get a couple guys that I never can get. Also I'm aiming to do the Blue Jays and Phillies Friday and maybe some NFL draft picks, who knows. Saturday I may actually attend the draft with one of my friends. Should be cool. Thanks for reading.

Back