Football Panini holding back big money cards?

orangejello727

Bench Warmer
Just been reading on 2 different other boards about the panini mess of giving out some huge replacement cards to someone that had long expired redemptions on waiting.

The gave him a 1/1 derrick rose tag auto, Brady jersey auto and a 1/1 Sam Bradforn mirror black quad auto 1/1 (Pretty much the biggest card in the set).

Ive been saying this for years that card companies hold back the big money cards, and rarely pack them all out. It hurts to see that knowing people that spend thousands of dollars on busting wax at a chance at getting these cards. Only to see them listed on ebay by the same sellers all the time. Im talking about all the hits, but some serious money clingers!!

I personally have seen UD cards backdoored, via a gesture for a mistake or even as a "Gift". I was on the recieving end of one of them... a 8/8 kobe Sp rc auto buyback for my long waited 98 sp authentic kobe redemption auto.

Ive seen a collector (Brouthercard) I think send in a cp3 patch auto exquisite with no number and get a replacement of a 1/1 derrick rose numbers patch auto from exquisite. Why wasnt that card packed out as its considered a serious hit for the product?

Here is a thread to the story...

Panini Screws the Pooch with Bradford 1/1 Logo Replacement

Just a shame, thought Panini would be better than UD in that aspect but apparently not.

Honestly though, I'm not suprised. Over the years you just see so much BS from all these companies, I just finally said enough! I quit collecting. I spent way too much money on their products and was tired of missing hits, redemptions that you never got the card it was for, expired redemptions, etc.

Definitely good that this be known to all so they don't fall into this game.

That is pretty crazy. I am pretty sure mrswift probably put in a call and pissed and moaned about all the high end product he opens and they sent him an extra special care package to keep him on the hook in the future. They probably didn't expect him to post it and brag about it on a forum. The fact that he won't post the list of what they were replacements for makes me very skeptical.

I call Shenanigans. MSWIFT69 a huge ebay buyer and seller made a comment and someone took off with it. It has gotten so big that he can not even save face and has to let it ride.
I for one think he bought it. A buddy and I have sworn we have seen that before

Typical Gellman on SCU reporting with no facts. Gotta love blogosphere

wheeler281 said:
I call Shenanigans. MSWIFT69 a huge ebay buyer and seller made a comment and someone took off with it. It has gotten so big that he can not even save face and has to let it ride.
I for one think he bought it. A buddy and I have sworn we have seen that before

Typical Gellman on SCU reporting with no facts. Gotta love blogosphere

How about the dude that got a replacement from UD for his CP3 numbers patch auto /3 that wasnt numbered? He ended up getting a Derrick Rose numbers patch 1/1 as a replacement.

Theres another 1/1 serious money hit that should have been in packs. Never packed out.

I just find it pretty sketchy that the serious money cards 1/1 logomen and such end up in the same hands all the time. Im not talking about 1/1 logomen of schleps. Im talking about 1/1 logoman of high end guys like your MJ, Kobe, CP3, Rose, Griffin etc.. Always the same sellers on ebay.

I know someone mentioned that his westbrook 1/1 RAP from exqusite was a replacement, but I think he actually pulled that redemption.

In my opinion, these companies to play games to keep their big customers happy. They throw them a bone or 2 every now and then. Its just a shame that it comes at the discretion of the rest of the wax busters/collectors.

Part of the reason the big sellers end up with the big cards is because they go to every major show every weekend with bags of cash and buy up tons of stuff. A lot of collectors sell big hits to dealers rather than deal with all the eBay and PayPal risks and not to mention taxes eBay will force you to file starting next year.

orangejello727 said:
How about the dude that got a replacement from UD for his CP3 numbers patch auto /3 that wasnt numbered? He ended up getting a Derrick Rose numbers patch 1/1 as a replacement.

Theres another 1/1 serious money hit that should have been in packs. Never packed out.

I just find it pretty sketchy that the serious money cards 1/1 logomen and such end up in the same hands all the time. Im not talking about 1/1 logomen of schleps. Im talking about 1/1 logoman of high end guys like your MJ, Kobe, CP3, Rose, Griffin etc.. Always the same sellers on ebay.

I know someone mentioned that his westbrook 1/1 RAP from exqusite was a replacement, but I think he actually pulled that redemption.

In my opinion, these companies to play games to keep their big customers happy. They throw them a bone or 2 every now and then. Its just a shame that it comes at the discretion of the rest of the wax busters/collectors.

You are comparing apples and oranges. UD and Panini 2 different things. Furhter more everyone knows higher end is kept back a little. Please see why UD has failed.

Please see whay the guys in Taiwan got all the awesome UD exquisites baseketball hits.. Because it is UD and it coincides with your last statement

Freakin joke and I think it's beyond pathetic that the jacka$$ does not post what he redeemed. What's the big secret?
Other than him being an attention seeking douche,there's something shady going on big time

I don't care if this one guy is legit but why are these 1/1 held back from the packs that advertise you have a shot at these 1/1s in the pack/box yet card company knows it never put cards into the boxes. I think there should be some action taken against the companies for false advertising.........If they had to list what cards weren't in boxes actually sent out I bet it would hurt the sales of the product and maybe force them to actually live up to thier advertisements. Maybe need trading card regulation organization to look out for the regular joes.

HiEnd said:
Freakin joke and I think it's beyond pathetic that the jacka$$ does not post what he redeemed. What's the big secret?
Other than him being an attention seeking douche,there's something shady going on big time

WORD!

Also it is common knowledge they all companies hold back bigger hits for pack damage etc and redemptions. I am shocked at the surprise by some
Could be worse someone could have pulled the redemption and all they have was a Jonathan Dwyer to replace it. Plase do not be surprised people they hold back bigger hits.

HiEnd echoes is my sentiments exactly

Back