Football Pro Football HOF Thread

dfr52

Bench Warmer
Just thought there might be interest in futher discussing HOF'ers and future candidates for the Hall of Fame.

not pro hof, but hof nevertheless. what do you think about Pat Tillman being voted in to the college HOF...I have heard stories from both sides for and against, but i personally like it.

I got into an interesting discussion yesterday on rather All Pro Teams and All Decade Teams should recognize FB's and an extra OLB. IMO they should along w/ NT and a 3rd WR since these positions are becoming more common.

I think they should, because a lot of those particular players were and are an integral part of a teams success..Even your boy there would not have been the same without Moose Johnston.

We have one here in Houston in Vonta Leach. He adds some nasty demeanor to what at times appears to be a soft offense.

OilMan said:
not pro hof, but hof nevertheless. what do you think about Pat Tillman being voted in to the college HOF...I have heard stories from both sides for and against, but i personally like it.

While I'm not an expert on his college career I do know he was a good player and a leader for the Sun Devils. He might not have been great but I don't believe his induction cheapens the honor for other players.

OilMan said:
I think they should, because a lot of those particular players were and are an integral part of a teams success..Even your boy there would not have been the same without Moose Johnston.

We have one here in Houston in Vonta Leach. He adds some nasty demeanor to what at times appears to be a soft offense.

Great FB are few and far between now a days. IMO Moose was a better athlete than he was given credit for. He could have been a back similar to Alstott but those touches went to Smith.

scan0004-8-7.jpg

damn nice Johnston...He was a blocking machine and in my guesstimating, you could probably attribute at least 1/3 of Smith's yards to this guy, that and the fact that he hid behind a bunch of 400 lb behemoths.lol

OilMan said:
damn nice Johnston...He was a blocking machine and in my guesstimating, you could probably attribute at least 1/3 of Smith's yards to this guy, that and the fact that he hid behind a bunch of 400 lb behemoths.lol

He was a bull dozer. I really hope he gets his due down the line. I wish he could have played longer, as w/ the rest of the guys that retired due to injury (Aikman, Irvin, & Novacek).

OilMan said:
yes sir!

and welcome James...nice to see you in here..as a Houstonian, i was about Cowboys'ed out...take that Dave :p

How can you be sick of America's Team :wave: :party4:

dfr52 said:
How can you be sick of America's Team :wave: :party4:
America's Team..:spit: :monkey: ...when i was a kid, my Dad loved the Cowboys and i would be for whoever they were playing and popping off..he would get real irritated at me..lol

:flame:

NT for HOF = Curly Culp
I know you and i have had this conversation, but i feel it needs revisiting.

Back