Football Report: Ravens give veteran Boldin ultimatum

• Thread starter SCF Sports News
  • Start date
S

SCF Sports News

According to Fox Sports, the Baltimore Ravens have given an ultimatum to Anquan Boldin: Take a pay cut or get released Tuesday.

More...

...In the playoffs, Boldin caught 22 passes for 380 yards receiving (95 yards per game) and four touchdowns. He has led Baltimore in receiving yards in each of the past three seasons since being traded from Arizona.

hmmmm... take your leading pass receiver and tell him to take a pay-cut or take a hike... makes sense to me. Oh wait! this isn't about the Detroit Lions!

He was arguably their best player in the Super Bowl, and this is how he gets thanked? I'd walk! They aren't repeating this year, so go somewhere you have another shot at a ring.

Boldin way outperformed Torrey Smith in the playoffs. Flacco would have been SOL without him, and they just gave Flacco $20M per at the EXPENSE of the guy who helped him earn it? Flacco, to be on pace to achieve the caliber of Brady (and Marino before him) needs to be the man to step up and take the pay cut. Does ANYBODY see that happening? *crickets*

You would think of all the methods of cost cutting for a big budget team liek the Ravens, cutting the pay of a star player would be way down on the list. That's like if Apple decided to fire Steve Jobs before taking down a few of there 10 billion stretch billboards across NYC.

Um, Steve Jobs has been dead for awhile... so I bet it wouldn't bother him to be fired. I bet they don't still pay him, though, so I doubt that would save Apple any money.

Back