Seahawks sign Edgerrin James(?)

T.J. Duckett's gonna get cut.

An article I read mentioned that he is not a special teams player, and he'll drop down to 3rd string RB, so he'd have to play ST...

I disagree with this.

I don't think Edge was truely ever the same after the ACL injury and is now getting up there in age. While TJ is at least 3 draft classes younger and has had less wear on his body. I think TJ is a perfect short down back and can still run through defenders. Just my opinion though

I like the signing as I dont think the Hawks had enough at RB. I think Jones/Duckett/James will all get touches.

I still think they should have picked up a back in the loaded 2008 draft.

I don't think Edge was truely ever the same after the ACL injury and is now getting up there in age. While TJ is at least 3 draft classes younger and has had less wear on his body. I think TJ is a perfect short down back and can still run through defenders. Just my opinion though

THIS

Wasn't that the reason they signed Duckett in the first place? Edge back in his day was a pretty good blocker for a RB, but he wasn't cut from the Cards because they have the next Adrian Peterson on their roster (no offense, Vets).

We'll see, but unless this means that Julius Jones' injury is worse than what we've been told, I just don't get it.

THIS

Wasn't that the reason they signed Duckett in the first place? Edge back in his day was a pretty good blocker for a RB, but he wasn't cut from the Cards because they have the next Adrian Peterson on their roster (no offense, Vets).

We'll see, but unless this means that Julius Jones' injury is worse than what we've been told, I just don't get it.

I thought he was cut because he was due a large amount of money this year, and he was pleading with the Cardinals to release him. There was a reason why they held onto James until after the draft. A top RB prospect fell to them, and it left James expendable. If there was no one available at #31, James probably would still be on the Cardinals.

Foolish move on the Seahawks part. Guarenteed he doesn't rush for over 500 yards this season.

Oh, and I believe Duckett will sign with the Arizona :secret:

I think the ball is going to get spread around quite a bit in their backfield. Knapp usually finds success running the ball so ill remain optimisitic.

Back