Football Sources: Pats replace Welker with Amendola

S

SCF Sports News

The New England Patriots moved quickly to replace Wes Welker, agreeing to terms with wide receiver Danny Amendola on a five-year contract, league sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

More...

Id put this on the Pats more than Welker. 100+ catches for 5 straight years and 12 mil is too much to match? Im more than happy about the Donkeys picking him up though, hurt the Pats, improve the Broncos... Win Win in my book, lol.

He was underpaid, compared to the market for his numbers, for years... and he saw what Mike Wallace got after a 64 catch 836 yd season. If you're Jennifer Lawrence do you accept $5 million for your next movie when Mila Kunis gets $8 million?

As a Patriots fan I am truly going to miss Welker. He was great, one of my favorite players in the NFL and in my opinion, one of the best. Unfortunately, Welker got hungry for the cash and left the Patriots. I was shocked when I heard about this and obviously frustrated. But when I heard we picked up Danny Amendola, my spirits lifted because he is younger and pretty close to Welker when it comes to skill. I believe he can only get better and that he will.

Amendola is always hurt. I highly doubt he'll fill the void of Welker. Brady and Welker just had a special chemistry to begin with. Amendola will need to step up though with Hernandez situation and a limited Gronk.

I am admirable of the Wes Welker Foundation started in 2009, I love how the goal is to influence at-risk youth, by encouraging their full potential through athletics and positive role models. It benefits schools and other organizations in Welker's hometown of Oklahoma City.

As a Patriots fan I am truly going to miss Welker. He was great, one of my favorite players in the NFL and in my opinion, one of the best. Unfortunately, Welker got hungry for the cash and left the Patriots. I was shocked when I heard about this and obviously frustrated. But when I heard we picked up Danny Amendola, my spirits lifted because he is younger and pretty close to Welker when it comes to skill. I believe he can only get better and that he will.

Welker led the AFC with 118 catches in 2012, tallying 1,354 yards and six touchdowns. Over the past six seasons, there hasn't been a more prolific pass-catcher in the National Football League.

I really enjoyed watching Welker play for the Pat's he will be hard to replace...in my opinion Brady will not have the same numbers this season...Amendola has been his go to guy in practice and have already developed a little chemistry.....
b10.jpg

aup4.jpg

Back