That's what I call pitiful...

Hardest sport to move auto cards in $30-$80 BV...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NattyBoo said:
BUT there's real value in the money you spend on the other sports. A $100 Malkin auto sells for $70, a Griffey $100 auto sells for $60 and a $100 Manning sells for $65. It allows one to "like it" a bit more. In basketball it seems every collector out there only wants to buy LeBron or Jordan autos for half book value.

not all of us!!

my player collections go as follows

Baseball

Darryl Strawberry- obviously not in it for the $$

Basketball

George Gevin and Al Horford-- A little better $ wise than strawberry but not much.

I collect by who and what i like not because of the money.

Thats what my JOB is for, and it does quite nicely at it.

and as far as jordan and lebron go they are damned near last on my personal list of autos i want to attain.

if my spelling upsets you keep in mind i have been up since 4:30 am this morning and i am running on 2 hours sleep.

Yep, non-rc year cp3 auto. Add in sticker auto and it's just not in demand. You might of made a little more if it was playoff time and he and the hornets were doing well.

You should have mentioned the Bing.com discount too, it might have helped sell it for a little more as well.

If you answered hockey, that's plain CRAZY! Look at Ebay closings... Hockey collectors collect in categories like GOALIES, FIGHTERS, etc... there's big competition for basically no-shot-at-HOF players like Rob Ray, John Vanbiesbrouck... The REAL evidence that hockey sells well? parallels /25! If you have a parallel of Jeter /25 it goes for maybe $40... Manning- $30, LeBron- $25, Crosby- $75!

NattyBoo said:
Why on Earth would anyone collect basketball? To me, this is like an Adrian Peterson auto not selling for $30 BIN!

Because maybe that is our sport? Because maybe some of us watch every game of our team? Because maybe some of us practice morning, noon and night? Because maybe we've been collecting since we were children? Because maybe some of us get the Basketball Jones and hear the ball saying 'shoot me baby shoot me' even in our sleep? Because maybe...I think the message should be coming through

Neobright said:
Because maybe some of us get the Basketball Jones and hear the ball saying 'shoot me baby shoot me' even in our sleep?

I was with you until this LOL... you are NO DOUBT a die-hard basketball fan ;)

I voted basketball it has the smallest following which leads to a small fan base limited collectors less money to go into the hobby.

Worst - to - Best
1. Basketball
2. Hockey
3. Football
4. Baseball

Comparing CP3 to AP is just silly, its like comparing Isaiah Thomas to Barry Sanders. CP3 is more along the lines of a Steven Jackson (RAMS)

It's easier to be CP3 than Steven Jackson, I think. No one has to block for CP3, he can pass when double teamed, and all the plays run through CP3 so success or failure is always in his own hands. An NFL RB who has to get the 3rd and 2, 3rd and 3 conversions 6 times or more every week, week in and week out... that's like if they asked CP3 to drive to the hole through 3 defenders and get collared 3 or 4 times a game- and then go 2 for 2 from the line every time.

Those who voted hockey-

ac-n-mike, autographcollectorttm, BHELSER1981, Big A, Cardman10, CrosbyCollector, DolphinFan2010, EricGordonCollecter, GotGibson?, mwolfson22, parep2001

2 questions:

When was the last time you HAD a $30-80 hockey card?
Why didn't you offer it on the board or on Ebay?

Hit me up next time!

NattyBoo said:
It's easier to be CP3 than Steven Jackson, I think. No one has to block for CP3, he can pass when double teamed, and all the plays run through CP3 so success or failure is always in his own hands. An NFL RB who has to get the 3rd and 2, 3rd and 3 conversions 6 times or more every week, week in and week out... that's like if they asked CP3 to drive to the hole through 3 defenders and get collared 3 or 4 times a game- and then go 2 for 2 from the line every time.

:dotdotdot:

this is like comparing apples to oranges here, not the same thing at all. I have no idea what you're talking about and I'm not sure you do either

NattyBoo said:
that's like if they asked CP3 to drive to the hole through 3 defenders and get collared 3 or 4 times a game- and then go 2 for 2 from the line every time.

Would those be 6-pointers? :confused6:

I never had a Hockey card that booked in that range, to me hockey is a snooze fest and even as un-american as it may sound so is baseball. I got into basketball as a young kid and played my whole life so it just stuck and as far as money goes i dont sell anything i just collect because i enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back