That's what I call pitiful...

Hardest sport to move auto cards in $30-$80 BV...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why collect basketball...for the same reason a lot collect any sport.
Because its suppose to be a hobby..not a money making venture.

hsv006 said:
Why collect basketball...for the same reason a lot collect any sport.
Because its suppose to be a hobby..not a money making venture.

thank you!! :boogie: :boogie:

it's OK folks, daddy has the card now and it's all good..lol

PaulAutoSPX.jpg

to sale cards online, is like gambling... it all depends on timing. not every hard core collector watchings ebay 24/7. Everybody wants a deal, unless it's a hard card to find & they have their heart set out to snatch it up.

Most people collect cards for the sport. those that are in it for the quick buck, usually do not do very good. that's why most card shops shut their doors years ago. in the 90's.. there were 6 shops in my town, now there is only one, & he doesn't sale basketball. usually only gets 2-3 boxes at a time. plus his prices are high, because if they're not.. he'll never make rent money.

most card shops I been to know, sale more online.

I would of thought that CP3 would sale more too, but hey it's ebay.. anything can happen. that is why I am scared to sale online. when I throw up cards, I usually have a BIN, but nobody wants to take it. even at half BV. I still have a Kevin Garnett auto /5 I been trying to sale, but nobody wants to pay even a $100. There are two other listed for BIN that been hanging for a while. (my KG is SPX 08-09 AUTO/PATCH winning material) find it here http://photobucket.com/spx0809

Ok lets do the math here.. Average NBA Attendence per GAME is roughly 18,000 people. The Average NFL attendence per GAME is 69,000 people.

Thats over 50,000 more fans per game.

Simply there are more fans of the NFL then the NBA, and therefor your supply and demand is different, and football cards tend to sell higher then basketball cards.

Just open up the price guide and you will see what Auto Rookies are worth in SPA Football, vs. SPA Basketball.

Big big difference.

NattyBoo said:
It's easier to be CP3 than Steven Jackson, I think. No one has to block for CP3, he can pass when double teamed, and all the plays run through CP3 so success or failure is always in his own hands. An NFL RB who has to get the 3rd and 2, 3rd and 3 conversions 6 times or more every week, week in and week out... that's like if they asked CP3 to drive to the hole through 3 defenders and get collared 3 or 4 times a game- and then go 2 for 2 from the line every time.

:fail:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back