Basketball The ODDEST player you've seen someone collect???

multimediapitstop

Bench Warmer
Either yourself or someone else, what is the oddest player you've seen someone ask for or collecting??

I use to collect George McCloud cards lol, barely anyone knows the guy but he had a few legend-like performances and was a deadly 3 point shooter. I don't collect him anymore but still have all the old cards.
I currently collect Yinka Dare cards, which would seem pretty odd to most people.
As far as other people, I seen someone on this board recently asking for Vin Baker cards, he was a very good player but I just find it abit odd. It's like someone collecting Derrick Coleman or Juwan Howard cards, not something you see every day. So what about you? What have you seen?

When I was younger I collected Alaa Abdelnaaby

for some reason he was my favorite Blazer....to this day I still have no idea why

lol I know people who still collect those players.

Isaiah Rider, Clarence Weatherspoon, Johnny Taylor and of course..
Shawn Bradley :D
That guy is starting to become a legend!

Raises hand................when I first started collecting (ahem, many many years ago), I put my hands on every card I could of Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson. Baseball player, former pitcher for the Indians. Why?..........My first ever IP autograph :)
Also had a small but complete collection of a ball player named Chico Salmon (pronounced SaMone)

I think the oddest I've seen was I saw someone collecting george bush cards or cards and memorobilia just thought it was odd that someone would collect cards of a president since you normally see athletes.

lafastbreak said:
I think the oddest I've seen was I saw someone collecting george bush cards or cards and memorobilia just thought it was odd that someone would collect cards of a president since you normally see athletes.

I didn't know there was enough Bush cards to collect lol.

Bryan_Mc said:
from 93-95 i was a clarence weatherspoon nut

now all together now LOL@ME!

lol, I just remember his cards being the odd ones out in my collection. And I had quite a few back then, I'd just look at them and be like eww, who would cherish these cards! Even his name was weird! :D :D ;)

I have always been a rookie speculator....

leads to lots of odd player who never panned out. Especially when you are looking for a sleeper like i always was....

oddest = too many to compare

but just for fun I'll list a few off the top of my head:

Greg Sutton
Stanley Roberts
Richard Dumas
Bubba Wells
Travis Knight
Tony Delk
Keith Van Horn
Antonio Daniels
Ron Mercer
Derek Anderson

Pre-Beckett-Collector said:
I have always been a rookie speculator....

leads to lots of odd player who never panned out. Especially when you are looking for a sleeper like i always was....

oddest = too many to compare

but just for fun I'll list a few off the top of my head:

Greg Sutton
Stanley Roberts
Richard Dumas
Bubba Wells
Travis Knight
Tony Delk
Keith Van Horn
Antonio Daniels
Ron Mercer
Derek Anderson
travis knight lol i remember him he was drafted by LA right.

bhelser said:
When I was younger I collected Alaa Abdelnaaby

for some reason he was my favorite Blazer....to this day I still have no idea why

I liked Alaa on the Celtics!!! I probably have some if you want them, LOLOL :D

Carney Lansford is one for me.

EDIT: oops baseball player!

Back