Basketball The ODDEST player you've seen someone collect???

Seen a few people collect the great Yinka...odd ones i've seen was Eric Rhett the crap florida running back, oliver miller the fat center, and jon koncak

Derrick Coleman

Hey I take offence to calling collecting D.C weird!!!!:rolleyes: I don't really but I am his biggest fan and have been since he hit the scene in the ealry 90's. I am currently tyring to get all his cards and only have about 65 to go. The bulk of these are very short print runs or 1'1s. I would be very ineterested if anybody has some rare D.Cs they would like to sell as it is very hard to source cards from New Zealand!

ozflava said:
Probably one of the greatest players who never was! A big time junkie. Dominated his rookie year with Phoenix then got banned for drug use. He was a stud, should have been an All Star

dumas never played enough to dominate, he only dominated in college

The guy that collects Ersan Ilyasova. Not only does he collect him, he has like every card ever made and defends the guy's skills as if it were his family.

Steve_O_21 said:
The guy that collects Ersan Ilyasova. Not only does he collect him, he has like every card ever made and defends the guy's skills as if it were his family.

LMAO, you talking about me? ;-)

multimediapitstop said:
Either yourself or someone else, what is the oddest player you've seen someone ask for or collecting??

I use to collect George McCloud cards lol, barely anyone knows the guy but he had a few legend-like performances and was a deadly 3 point shooter. I don't collect him anymore but still have all the old cards.
I currently collect Yinka Dare cards, which would seem pretty odd to most people.
As far as other people, I seen someone on this board recently asking for Vin Baker cards, he was a very good player but I just find it abit odd. It's like someone collecting Derrick Coleman or Juwan Howard cards, not something you see every day. So what about you? What have you seen?

George McCloud was not star but nice role-player.

And His 1996-97 Skybox Autographics card is SP. =)

For me, I remembered McCloud because of KG's rookie card.
(I have real picture of that scene but I forgot where it was)
--01copy.jpg

For Yinka Dare, I have known Yinka Dare since 1995.

Because I saw his collector's Choice 1995-96 card.
I saw backside of that card then noticed..wow..really hilarious stat..lol

I have only 1 Yinka Dare Card - 1994-95 Topps Spectra Light RC Parallel.
(not easy to get or find..right? =) )

I also had Jam Session Yinka Dare Rookie but I don't like Jam session so I sold that card through Bay.

And for Juwan Howard? Juwan Howard was one of top player around 1995. SO Pat Riley tried to get Juwan Howard to get as the highest Salary but he faild because That highest salary over rule.

I had collected Juwan Howard so Here is mine.
(Click picture to enter to Juwan Howard collection)

I have collected Rod Strickland, Kenny Anderson and Robert Horry.

If you want to see my PC, click pictures

Rod Strickland

Kenny Anderson

Big Shot Rob

I have seen one or two more collector of them around the world.

===================

I had plan to collect Vernon Maxwell(only Rockets Card inclue base) Anthony Mason(only NYK card include base) and Sam Cassell(only Rockets Card inclue base) but I couldn't get those nearly anything.

anthony_mason_power_booster.jpg

samcassellrcs.jpg

Now a days, I saw one aussie Crazy Vin Baker Collector broke his collection then sold everything at bay.

SO I could get this.
--01.jpg

multimediapitstop said:
Greg Sutton - familiar name, don't remember him
Stanley Roberts - lol he was a pretty big guy, so much for him
Richard Dumas - who?
Bubba Wells - Uhh lol jeeze these are odd if I haven't heard of them
Travis Knight - great white flop
Tony Delk - he was ok, what's more odd was his 50+ point game, god knows how that guy pulled that one off.
Keith Van Horn - He's probably the best player on this list
Antonio Daniels - He's like an Alvin Williams, just OK
Ron Mercer - Had lots of potential, wonder where he went wrong
Derek Anderson - I thought he was going to be an elite scoring threat, oh well

Richard Dumas is Class of 1992. not high pick but nice role player.

But he had Drug Problem so he collapsed really fast as I know.

You can see him when you watch 1993 NBA Final Bulls VS Suns.

And for Van Horn and Mercer, if someone collects them since rookie season, he would cry many times.

Because Keith Van Horn CM would be over 1,000$ at peak. lol
(At that time Sheed CM was 300$..Now SV is around 700-800$)

Untitled-1copy.jpg

(Van Horn CM is not mine)

Now? BV is only 40$..and SV would be around 20-30$ DLVD.

And it is the same as to Mercer.

Ron Mercer Finest and Refractors was really hot card at that time.
ronmercerrcrefractor.jpg

Because this card was from only Ser. 2.

Ron Mercer Chrome Ref was even higher than T-MAC Chrome Ref.
(Mercer was 80 and T-MAC was 60 if I were not wrong..)

Shrimpynz said:
Hey I take offence to calling collecting D.C weird!!!!:rolleyes: I don't really but I am his biggest fan and have been since he hit the scene in the ealry 90's. I am currently tyring to get all his cards and only have about 65 to go. The bulk of these are very short print runs or 1'1s. I would be very ineterested if anybody has some rare D.Cs they would like to sell as it is very hard to source cards from New Zealand!

I'm not sure you are one Crazy Derrick Coleman Collector.

Because I saw Derrick Coleman Gem Green and other crazy cards during my sightseeing and googling.
(Of course, that Kenny Anderson was not there. Kenny Anderson is mine.)

Former nets duo
newjerseynetsduo.jpg

Ground Support said:
I collected Bryant Reeves his rookie year....

Wow...I saw one Greg Ostertag Collector.

Both of them are class of 1995.

There were 3 similar Center Position players in class of 1995.

Bryant Reeves, George Zidek and Greg Ostertag.
--08.jpg

onestyles said:
wow ya this is old but funny :p

i used to collect Acie Earl and BJ Armstrong. lol

I can nearly remeber Acie Earl but I can't remember what class(year) he drafted.

And B.J. Armstrong was very nice player. =)
(as you know now a days UD released BJ's autograph cards.)

P.S. : Ah..now I noticed this thread was made in 2007.lol

Bob Melvin, catcher for the Orioles (who knew he would become a coach?) I collected him just cuz I thought he had a cool name.... Bob Melvin

Back