Football Top 10 Prospects for the 2007 Draft

Stang81

Bench Warmer
Who are your top 10 prospects for the NFL Draft in 2007??

My favorite team (Detroit Lions) have the #2 pick this year, and I personally don't pay attention to college sports so I don't know who the top prospects are.

Who do you think the Lions should draft?

Depending on Kevin Jones' injury I think they should think about drafting a RB. If not with the #2 pick maybe their second round pick or just sign a solid FA.

I really don't like Jon Kitna, but as Martz has proved he doesn't need a household name QB to be successful (Trent Green, Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger).

Kitna's #s were actually OK this season, he just didn't win very much.

Other than RB, or maybe a good QB I can't think of another position the Lions really need help. They have good players, they just need to play together and stay healthy. Maybe a good DB??

What do you think??

Thanks
Mike

We need lineman and defense! Our running game has been horrid for years now. For whatever reasons those guys up front can't block and thats gotta change! Hoping KJ get's back ok, if not they might go RB ( Adrian Peterson? )

the liosn will go one of three ways,

1. qb- depending upon is quinn is available (i still see vick be traded to oak)
2. RB- i think kevin jones hasnt lived up to expectations, might be peterson time.
3. were talking about the lions, so you have to look at Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech

I want the Lions to draft a QB. Than with 2nd round, a new defense or O-Line..

Than, sign a solid RB in FA...

I think we really need a QB because with Martz, he likes to throw it deep. They have good recievers. Roy, Furrey, Mike Williams is coming along... Now they just need someone who doesn't get sacked every play, fumble or throw pics. He had a good 31 turnovers this year...

I'm a Kitna hater..

The Lions have good OL players, they just can't stay healthy.

Backus, Stokes, Raiola, Woody, Verba

They are all solid, they have just all been injured. Do you ever visit Mlive.com?? I read the stuff in the Lions section and it seems to be "close to the source" type info.

Check the Lions season results. They lost quite a few games by a TD or less.

I hope that next season they get it together. Thats the thing that REALLY ***** about being a true Lions fan. ALWAYS thinking that they will get it together the next year LOL.

I really thought Harrington was something special, he just had alot of bad luck against him. He can't help dropped passes and trust me, there were TONS!!! Turn some of those drops into first downs or touchdowns and it might have been better.

Have you seen? Jeff Garcia is on the cover of Sports Illustrated....:eek: I never thought he was anything special, he was only around because of Mooch and that really messed things up also.

Maybe if there is a super stud DE who is a sack artist then I don't know that Defense needs much of an upgrade other than DB.

Hall, Cody, Rogers, Redding are pretty solid on the line. If they can get a good DL FA who has a good reputation then that would be great to rotate Cody. Kalimba Edwards also is a pretty solid player when he plays hard.

As for the LBs, Sims, Lehman, and Bailey should be a solid core if they can all stay healthy. Lehman and Bailey both missed a whole year didn't they??

I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade for Fernando Bryant or Kenoy Kennedy. They haven't really impressed me much since signing. Kenoy was supposed to be a big hitter with a threat to blitz. All I have seen is stupid "Personal Foul" penalties for helmet2helmet contact.

Whoever they draft, I hope they can contribute right away. If it is a QB, it better be a good one.

Thanks
Mike

Offensive

1. Adrian Peterson....despite his injury he will be a BEAST in the NFL

2. Calvin Johnson....6'5....42 inch vertical leap....enough said....will be an Pro Bowl WR in a few years....Lions DONT DRAFT HIM....too many bust WR (except Roy Williams)...dont let calvin fall into this curse

3. Brady Quinn....people will trade down to get JaMarcus Russel but whoevr lands him (think the browns will) will have a great talent

4. JaMarcus Russel....would have him lower but his Bowl game performance was phenominal...great arm strength and if NFL scouts focus on that he will be drafted high...can throw 40 yards while SITTING DOWN...thats arm strength

5. Dwyane Jarrett.....great talent....good hands....acrobatic....but his not-so-great route running might have him go lower....if u want route running take his teammate Steve Smith

****Marshawn Lynch is good too.....good combination of speed, size, and strength

Maybe Gaines Adams , that 19 yr Okoye , and even though Alan Branch hasnt declared but he will IMO because he hasnt scheduled spring classes .

All of martz' QBs have been the most sacked in the NFL. Its just his offense style.

It is a timing offense so it is supposed to be "3 step and throw" (or something like that).

He takes his 3 steps but then doesn't see the open guy and then he is on his back.

I actually start cheering at some point when he starts making dumb plays (I cheer when he gets sacked or throws an INT). I really don't like him either. I hate how when he makes a bad throw he sits and gets a mad look on his face like it is the other guy's fault.

Another thing I hate is when Roy Williams messes up or just drops a ball because he hears footsteps....he walks away showing those yellow teeth like its funny or something.

Kevin Jones could really miss all of 2007, he has a lisfranc fracture (spelling?) and it takes nearly 12 months to heal. Teddy Lehman had the same injury and missed a whole year. Brian Westbrook also had the same injury. I don't know the severity of the other players' injuries but Kevin Jones' has been described as "Full Blown Fracture".

I really think he is the real deal. Mooch had no clue how to use him. He wanted to do "Running Back by Commitee" and the OL was injured or sucked. KJ should get 20+ carries per game, there were times Mooch ran him less than 10 times.

This season he was doing really well, then he had a hyperextended elbow and missed a few games. He is becoming a "Marshall Faulk-type RB". If he wasn't injured and could play all next season I am sure he would impress.

This was the first year for the Lions under a new Head Coach and O Coordinator (who is known for a potent offense) so giving it another year to adapt should really help. (see, this is what its like being a lions fan....even though they **** every year you always look forward to the next LOL).

Thanks
Mike

*I sure hope they don't get another WR in the first LOL. I REALLY wanted Charles Rogers and Mike Williams to get drafted by the Lions but I thought there was no way Mike Williams would fall that far. I think that he has been abused so far in his career. He was the best/most dominant WR in college football since Randy Moss and then all of a sudden he lost it all?? The Lions just need to play him and quit playing "oh if you don't practice hard you won't play". That is crap. (ie: Allen Iverson "what are we talking about here?? Practice....not the game....Practice. Practice....." LOL)

Carolina_Crazy06 said:
Offensive

1. Adrian Peterson....despite his injury he will be a BEAST in the NFL

2. Calvin Johnson....6'5....42 inch vertical leap....enough said....will be an Pro Bowl WR in a few years....Lions DONT DRAFT HIM....too many bust WR (except Roy Williams)...dont let calvin fall into this curse

3. Brady Quinn....people will trade down to get JaMarcus Russel but whoevr lands him (think the browns will) will have a great talent

4. JaMarcus Russel....would have him lower but his Bowl game performance was phenominal...great arm strength and if NFL scouts focus on that he will be drafted high...can throw 40 yards while SITTING DOWN...thats arm strength

5. Dwyane Jarrett.....great talent....good hands....acrobatic....but his not-so-great route running might have him go lower....if u want route running take his teammate Steve Smith

****Marshawn Lynch is good too.....good combination of speed, size, and strength
AP still has to declare if he does Top 5 locked , CJ still has to declare also ...great prospect , Russell reminds me of Culpepper not sure if that good or bad ;) still has to declare also , I think Jarret will stay back ...Keyshawn said he wasnt ready and I think he will take that advice.

Adrian Peterson is a college player??

I thought you were talking about the pro player (isnt there one? Played for Chicago??)

What other positions are some of these players? QB??

Brady Quinn might be good, partly since Weis coached him and he was the OC for NE.

I honestly don't know any of these players. I have heard of a few but haven't seen anything they have done in college. (except the QB from OSU).

Thanks
Mike

I think the Lions have plenty of weapons, just doesn't really seem to fit all that well.

I want them to draft/pick-up a good secondary player...

Don't want them to pick up another RB, KJ is good, but just has been injured and not used well too often...

Roy does need to get his act together. It isn't all about him, or all a big fun game :) Does something bad, smiles about it. Gets a first down, does that celebration (I think it is hilarious, but bugs the hell out of me) Yet, still an awesome WR...

Kitna- I do the exact same thing when Kitna messes up!! He throws a pick, or gets sacked, I just grin and start laughing.

Quinn- QB
Calvin Johnson- WR
JaMarcus Russell- QB, I actually like him.. He is HUGE. 6-6 260 lbs!! He can throw the ball probably like 60+ yards flat foot.. he threw a huge TD pass on one foot in his bowl game..probably a good at least 50 yarder. HUGE arm, HUGE guy. I like him, but alot of people probably don't...

A bunch others ;)

I want either Quinn or JaMarcus...Brian Brohm- QB for Louisville wouldn't be too bad either if we traded down.

Stang81 said:
Adrian Peterson is a college player??

I thought you were talking about the pro player (isnt there one? Played for Chicago??)

Mike
Yeah theres 2 , expect AP from Oklahoma pwns AP from the Bears. If I were to compare AP from Okahoma , I keep thinking Larry Johnson.
---------------------
I wonder if Brian Brohm will even declare , anyone think he will ?

Back