Two Nice Hits From Retail Packs!

SPORTSK1LLA

Bench Warmer
Got these from some packs today. Thought I'd share since I never get lucky with retail.
ZEbdKmq.jpg
BHiLzwu.jpg

buying single packs or blasters?...I don't ever buy single packs because of pack searchers and such, ive had some decent luck with the occasional blaster

Singles for once. I noticed the packs were obviously thicker so I figured what the heck. Must have beat the searchers to them as they looked like they were just put up on the shelf.

yeah, it would be neat if companies could figure out a way to beat the searchers in the modern era...back when I started, searching was looking at the top and bottom card on cello packs before there were inserts and autos or relics...

I don't know how searching works, I opened a case of 2012 Topps Olympic Blasters yesterday and weight didn't mean anything, I pulled hits out of boxes that weighed 208 grams, 210 grams, and 220 grams, and I pulled blanks from the same weights...it is fairly easy to tell 'pin' packs because those are so much heavier than others, like a 12 gram difference, as I have weighed known hit packs vs regular packs...but I don't buy/sell 'hot' packs because I don't trust people...I could sell packs where I could guarantee the insert, as there is a pattern to the boxes in the 2014 Topps Olympic for the bronze and silver parallels, but with my luck it would also contain a huge card...

Hmm, interesting... Never hear of anyone weighing boxes or packs. How people find autographs is beyond me. I just notice when packs are really thick or the side packaging is clear and you can see a relic card. I knew the inserts very well in the 2012 topps series 1 & 2, but that is about it.

i don't have a high tech scale, I bought it on eBay probably 6 years ago for like $30 to do shipping from home for eBay stuff as it was quite a bit cheaper, plus filling out delivery confirmation sheets on things sucks...there is a weight difference between decoys and jerseys I think, ive seen people with small scales weighing stuff out at Walmart before, so there has to be something to it...

and yeah, how people can tell a specific parallel version auto is beyond me, as ive seen people selling Gold Auto packs...the Gold autos are /15 and are 1:488 packs or something stupid like that...I could see if you have a super high tech scale being able to tell the weight difference between a sticker auto and no auto, but I don't see how one could tell a difference between the medal parallels, as I would think they would scale out at the same...

I think they are at least smart enough to reseal a pack that had a garbage hit instead of going to ebay to get one and then reinserting it into a pack, especially in the serial number era...

Back