Baseball Who are your favorite players?

Mine Nolan Ryan I have very close 2nds
Shoeless Joe, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner, Mantle, Jeter,

Current is easy.. anyone that IS NOT in a Yankees Uniform or is currently under investigation for PEDs. But to name a couple... Max Scherzer and Phil Coke (Pitchers for the Tigers). These two guys ENJOY playing the game... the intensity they bring to their game is amazing.

Past... Denny Mclain and Mickey Lolich... along with a handful of Tigers, Orioles, and Cubs from the 60's and 70's (guys I watched as a kid).

I could post up Ruth, Cobb, Wagner... but not being old enough to have seen them play (NOT saying that Wayne [T-206] is...), I thought I'd list only the players I can remember.

Past stars Ty Cobb even though I did not see him play the sort of bad boy image sliding with his spikes up and accomplishments 90 major league records during his career....you can just go on and on about Cobb..he still holds some records today.....my choice of Cobb his temperament and aggressive playing style in my opinion is what makes champions.......
ahig5_zps46e434a5.jpg

Others I have to go with my past Expos.....Carter,Vladdy,Dawson,Pedro..etc..

Many.

In the early 80's I was into the Tigers, so Sparky Anderson (manager), Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker, Lance Parrish, Kirk Gibson, Dave Bergman, Chet Lemon, Darrell Evans and Jack Morris come to mind.

In the 90's I had TV from a satellite company and they had programming based in Colorado, so "The Blake Street Bombers" and crew come to mind: Andres Galarraga, Vinny Castilla, Dante Bischette, Ellis Burks, Larry Walker, Eric Young, Walt Weiss, Neifi Perez, Quinton McCracken and Jamie Wright are most memorable for me.

My favorite commercial of theirs was one where Dante Bischette and Larry Walker are being interviewed. Dante's got a baseball in his hand and he slams it into a table after being asked if the thin air in Colorado is what's giving the Rockies so many homers. He says something like "I'm sick and tired of people saying that!"...as the baseball slowly rises into the air on it's own. He sees it, grabs it, end of commercial. Too funny lol

Walker was a prankster too. I remember him taking a fan's drink when they weren't looking and hiding it behind the wall. They eventually noticed and he grinned and gave it back lol ...The point is he had a great rapport with fans.

I've also been a Packer fan since the early 70's. One guy that stuck out in my memory is Chester Marcol, a placekicker from the 70's and early 80's. I think I mentioned my bar story here before, but I'll do it again lol

I was playing pool for a local bar in the 90's and we were visiting the local bar in Dollar Bay. I was shooting when someone asked me who my favorite GB player was, I said most people won't remember him, but I've always liked Chester Marcol. They kept annoying me, while I was shooting mind you, so I looked over and saw this guy with a big grin on his face. They asked me what I'd do if I met him, I said I'd leave him alone, and the guy turned around andsat down. Turns out it was Chester lol...He lives in Dollar Bay, but I didn't know it at the time.

Now, I could list a bunch of Packers, Freeman, Butler, Mandarich, Bennett, Sharpe, Brooks, Chmura, Winters, etc., but this site has character limits so...

My favorite players to watch growing up were David Justice and Tom Glavine.

As far as historical favorite player...Mickey Mantle.

Past? Current?
You name 'em!

I don't know a whole lot about baseball, but because of the candy, I am fond of Babe Ruth.

Babe Ruth was a wonderful pitcher, but once he joined the Yankees and became an everyday hitter, his greatness emerged. The numbers he put up were unthinkable at the time, and he changed the course of the game with his home-run hitting.

Jackie Robinson and Derek Jeter are my favorites. They both go down as the greatest of all time (imo). I'm also a big fan of CC Sabathia, who might seem like a strange pick but he's my guy too. I'm fond of a lot of Yankees players.

My favorite player is easily Justin Verlander. I'm amazed how how he can throw 95 accurately but if he wants to in the 7th inning he will blow a 100 mph fastball right past you, then maybe a 6 inch breaking curveball ball. Recently, Jack Clark accused Verlander of using PED's only because his season this year is not as good as his last two years. Jack Clark, your a clown!!

Right now, as a Red Sox fan, I think Dustin Pedroia is my favorite player at least currently. The guy is just a blood and guts baseball player. He plays with intensity that makes every game look like game 7 of the World Series. I believe he sets a good example for young athletes.

Mickey Mantle, Ty Cobb and yes Pete Rose. I love Cobb as I have done a lot of research on him and he is a very interesting player and person. I guess the older players are more appealing then the modern day players.

Current is easy.. anyone that IS NOT in a Yankees Uniform or is currently under investigation for PEDs. But to name a couple... Max Scherzer and Phil Coke (Pitchers for the Tigers). These two guys ENJOY playing the game... the intensity they bring to their game is amazing.

Past... Denny Mclain and Mickey Lolich... along with a handful of Tigers, Orioles, and Cubs from the 60's and 70's (guys I watched as a kid).

I could post up Ruth, Cobb, Wagner... but not being old enough to have seen them play (NOT saying that Wayne [T-206] is...), I thought I'd list only the players I can remember.
Yeah, the Tigers do have some likable talents there. Very strong players and like that you gave some props to their pitchers.

The Braves have some very talented players right now. Good personalities too. Freeman, McCann, Hudson, Heyward, etc. But this year, Gattis is it. I mean the guys had at least as many crazy odd-jobs as I have had and he ends up on the Braves as a strong player. Love him!

Back