Who does Johnny Manziel remind you of?

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
It seems that Johnny Manziel is drawing comparisons to a lot of players these days...and it seems that Brett Favre is the most popular. While I do see the "gunslinger" and "diva" Favre comparisons being somewhat accurate...I see someone else as a closer resemblance to Manziel.

But, first I must ask you...who does he remind you of?

For me, when I see him play I see the second coming of Jim McMahon. I know Manziel is a much better runner...but McMahon was pretty mobile and wasn't afraid to take a hit. McMahon also had an uncanny ability to improvise and think on his feet. A trait I also see in Johnny Football. Fairly accurate and decent in the pocket can be seen with both players. In both can be seen fiery leadership, a passion for the game and a unique chaotic style of play. Off the field, there are similarities. Both liked to have a good time and were constantly making the news in a less than flattering way. I just see a lot of similarities.

On the other I think Manziel is a lot more coachable than McMahon.

Hopefully, Manziel will have healthier career than McMahon...who never seemed to be able to make it through a season.

He's another Tebow... gonna be a bust.
He might me...but I was thinking more of style of play. I like McMahon because of how he played on the field and behaved off the field...both remind me of Manziel. Someone else recently mentioned to me he reminds them of Flutie.

He might be a bust.

Well he, Brady Quinn, and Brandon Weeden were all drafted 22nd in their respective drafts, so that isn't very promising, is it?
You know, I knew that Quinn was...but I had forgotten that Weeden was too. Well, maybe third time is the charm for the Browns. lol.

Back