Who is the MVP?

• Dirk

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Nash

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
roy williams- sounds definately like you have some biased with nash..yes nash makes his team better and all that blah blah, but please, its time to start giving players on the suns some credit. when nash was in Big D with dirk and finley, they couldn't get far in the playoffs. now just thinking about a team with dirk and nash is scary. that just proves the suns are better than people give them credit. amare is outstanding, a physical specimen, shawn marion is an incredible athlete, both whom are all stars, plus their supporting cast is awesome. barbosa and diaw really give them good minutes. both are equally important to their team, nash and dirk, but this year, considering the mavs record the level of dirks game, you have to give it to him. then i would say nash with a close third by lebron

no doubt in my mind that either the suns or the mavs will win the title this season,(i think the suns run everyone off the court with thier style) i just think that lebron is more valuable to his team than either of the other guys mentioned. the other 2 teams (suns/mavs) both have teams that would win without those 2 guys. cavs would lose alot of games without lebron, and that is the way i look at who is most valuable player. and as far as stats go , the only reason nash scores 19 a game and gets 11 assist/game is because they run run run and hardly ever get into a half court set for longer than a few seconds so he has more touches in that style of game. like i said, trade out nash for lebron ,and you can lock up nba titltes for years with that supporting cast. i am not trying to dis nash or dirk, they are both great players, i just think that lebron is more valuable to his team than they are to thiers.

NashFan13 said:
Know whats funnier Dirk STILL choked!
Eh, Marion gave him a good bump with a no call. I guess you don't remember how last year in the same situation Dirk drained it over Marion and the only difference this year was Marion panicked gave him a good bump and the refs didnt call it.

Right now I have to give it to Dirk. If the Spurs keep up with what their doing though and finish well I may say Duncan but for now Dirk.

yeah when he misses a game it is usually 1 at a time and they step it up in his absense, but let him be out for any period of time and then see how much they win. they have noone on the team that can score on a regular basis. larry hughes is the next best option and he is good for 1 out of every 4 games he plays. if nash is not the point guard on the suns , the replacement point guard would still score 19 points and have plenty of assist in that style of game they play where they are always running. if they ran a half court set nash would still get his assists but probably not get as many points because amare would be getting a ton of touches and probably score close to 30 a game. put barbosa as the starting point for the team with the same amount of minutes as nash gets and he will have as many assists and probably score 25 a game. its not the player in phoenix, its the system they run. i guess if your going to give the mvp to a player on a team that always wins then i guess you can give it to nash, but if the award goes to the player who is most valuable to his own team, then lebron gets it.

thats 11 games spread over 4 season thus far ? i would concede your point if it was all in 1 season. maybe it has something to do with the fact that they play in the eastern conference and there is alot more teams in the east that just **** than in the west? but you have to admit that phoenix has 3-4 players that play with nash that are better than the next player playing along side of lebron, so it makes it a whole lot easier for nash to look good than for lebron to look good.

Back