Baseball Who's caught a foul ball?

nomarkj

Bench Warmer
I was at the brewers game last night and my dad sitting next to me caught a prince fielder foul ball. HOw many of you have caught a foul ball?

never caught a foul bal... BUT I got a Home Run in the Crawford Boxes at Minute Maid Park once ....it was the 3rd game of the Stadium opening (regular season) I remember the Astros were playing the Phillies...I cant remember who hit it though

I caught 2 in AAA in as many games Hit by Jeff Salazar and Delwyn Young, and one Thrown to me by Dmitri Young in AA.

I've caughten about 10 probably. By myself, but that includes players throwing them up to me, I used to go with my friend who had season tickets ALL THE TIME. Home runs balls, 2 :(

My Brother In Law Twice...one By Ben Broussard That I Later Stole And Had Ben Sign And He Inscribed 'nice Catch Nick' And The Other He Caught In The Face

I got one this year at a Tribe game for my first MLB ball. It was hit by Brian Roberts and was hit to the 3rd base side, bounced off of a deck-concrete- cool.

I also got a broken bat of Eric Fryar- A class of Brewers at a West Virginia Power game

I came within about 2 inches of catching a bonds batting practice ball. However it didn't have enough JUICE. HAHAHAH

I caught some home run ball by some guy named Barry Bonds or whatever. The media WOULD NOT leave me alone so I just threw it in the ocean.

Almost did, but my dad got in the way.

At my first game I went to he went in front of me, dropped the ball, guy in front of him tried to catch it but ricocheted back to my dad and he DROPPED it again! LOL

Then he got hit in BP one time when he wasn't looking, so we got close...

My nephew

My nephew was at a game 3 years ago, and he tried to catch a line drive foul ball from Albert Pujols off his chin. He had the marks and bruises from the stitches on the ball on his face for almost 3 weeks. They took him away to see if he had anything broken or a concussion. He didn't, and then told his dad that he wanted to go back down and see the rest of the game.

The whole section cheered upon his return, and harassed the guy who wound up with the ball until he gave it to my nephew.

As for me.....34 years old, and have had only 2 ever hit in my section.

I've got a story of a close miss. At a White Sox-Indians game in Chicago earlier this year my dad, 2 of his friends and I were sitting in the club level (middle part of only 5 rows if youve seen the stadium) on the 3rd base side straight up from the mound.

First freaking pitch of the game Grady "Chairman Reinsdorf (b/c he own's the sox)" Sizemore hits one that looks like its comin right to me. It's tailin a little to my left, I sidestep a little (there was no one in our row), think I'm under it and boom!
tailed away about 6 inches outside my reach (though I had room to move) hits a stair and kicks back to the 100 level... i got jeered the rest of the game from people nearby.

Back