Football Jerry Rice is #1...but who are the other GREATEST receivers of ALL-TIME ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac-n-mike

Bench Warmer
Someone bringing up Chris Carter got me thinking of the Greatest Receivers of ALL-TIME... so my thoughts....

Carter in MY opinion is easily one of the most under-rated players EVER... he just did the work... and killed stats

MY top receivers EVER (in no particular order...after Jerry Rice at #1 of course)

Jerry Rice
Chris Carter
Tim Brown
Marvin Harrison
Art Monk
Steve Largent
Issac Bruce
Michael Irvin
James Lofton

I never saw guys like Lance Alworth, Lynn Swan, Raymond Berry etc play, but I'm sure they are in the top 10 without question

and I just dont think I can put Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson on the list...they are tooo much "flash" and not enough HOF material for me ;)

though before they were Divas... they were pretty damed good

my order would be:

Jerry Rice
Chris Carter
Marvin Harrison
Art Monk
Don Hutson
Steve Largent
Paul Warfield
Issac Bruce
Lance Alworth
James Lofton
Tim Brown
Bob Hayes
Charlie Taylor
Michael Irvin

Top 10.... really?

Jerry Rice
Chris Carter
Tim Brown
Marvin Harrison
Art Monk
Steve Largent
Issac Bruce
Michael Irvin
James Lofton

Lynn Swann, Raymond Berry etc and all the other "old timers" is he better than all of these guys?
(or atleast a few of them to get him in the top 10?)

TO? the team obliterator? sorry moss is better than him but he isnt there yet. numbers r way overblown right now with the way defenses r not aloud to play. johnny u would have a field day with the rules the way they r now.

So where talking about TO's personal issues? Not TOP 10 WR's of all time?

TO's BS aside, he is a top 10 WR. There is a reason why he is still in the league and people put up with his crap.

And you can bring up defenses all you want.

Insert TO back in the 70's and you probably have the greatest WR of all time.

Ground Support said:
So where talking about TO's personal issues? Not TOP 10 WR's of all time?

TO's BS aside, he is a top 10 WR. There is a reason why he is still in the league and people put up with his crap.

nope not his personal issues, just the fact of all time receivers there is a lot more better receivers than him.

hmm this will take a toe of thought I will say adam that no way is marvin Harrison top 10 for me :). He benefited from the new rules. In the 70's he would have had way too much trouble.

I think we need to break it down by era myself

The only three I would put ahead of TO is Rice, Irvin(Even though thats a stretch) and Chris Carter.

Art Monk should not be ranked ahead of TO.
he has nearly twice as many touchdowns as Monk -- 129 to 68 -- despite 58 fewer receptions and 51 fewer games).

wow... ok.... I will have to think about that...

I mean better than Harrison too? Tim Brown? Issac Bruce?

Ground Support said:
Marvin Harrison? You kidding me?

Think about it.

What if TO had Peyton Manning throwing to him for 10 years?

True also Harrison with Blount, Hayes etc literally clothes lining you would have issues. They could maul you in the 70's and early 80's. Just ask lynn Swan how physical it was to play. He would get his arse beat all the time because of how great he was.

If based in numbers then most new ear receivers will always have better numbers

I just do not rank like that

TO would be much better suited physically for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back