Football Jerry Rice is #1...but who are the other GREATEST receivers of ALL-TIME ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wheeler281 said:
hmm this will take a toe of thought I will say adam that no way is marvin Harrison top 10 for me :). He benefited from the new rules. In the 70's he would have had way too much trouble.

I think we need to break it down by era myself

Great point, I 100% agree w/ you.

wheeler281 said:
True also Harrison with Blount, Hayes etc literally clothes lining you would have issues. They could maul you in the 70's and early 80's. Just ask lynn Swan how physical it was to play. He would get his arse beat all the time because of how great he was.

If based in numbers then most new ear receivers will always have better numbers

I just do not rank like that

TO would be much better suited physically for sure

So true, play at WR and DB was much more physical then.

I agree you on the stats & player comparisions across era's b/c the game has changed so much.

Problem with TO that everyone is missing here is the number of drops he has...........I think in Dallas he led the league in drops for both years. No way top 10 with tons of drops no matter what era still a drop. I think if he didn't get hurt Sterling Sharpe woulda been up here. Andre Reed, Rod Smith, Jimmy Smith, Torry Holt D.Maynard, Plax? some other names to kick around

SellingALLCards said:
Problem with TO that everyone is missing here is the number of drops he has...........I think in Dallas he led the league in drops for both years. No way top 10 with tons of drops no matter what era still a drop. I think if he didn't get hurt Sterling Sharpe woulda been up here. Andre Reed, Rod Smith, Jimmy Smith, Torry Holt D.Maynard, Plax? some other names to kick around

Yep think about how many more yards and TD's he would have had if he didn't drop the ball so much..

He had a lot of drops yes, but he had a lot of bad ass plays too.

where's Andre Johnson?

just saying LOL

(I'm kidding... until he has 5+ more seasons of what he has done.... then I will argue)

SellingALLCards said:

nope i am not missing that point. that is the reason his is not in the top 10-15.

SellingALLCards said:

Easily, Sharpe was just entering his prime when he got hurt.

Have we decided if this is an era deal. I mean being a homer but Swann could play in any era. However his humbers were lower based n type of offense. However if you watched him get mauled, punched hit in the knees hit late after every play even if he was not near it(because he was so dominant)you would understand. Guys would be ejected now for what he had to go through

What is the criteria. Fantasy football, era or what??

Harrison is not a top 10 WR

He played with arguably one of the greatest QB's ever,who has proven to make any WR good

Garcon
Collie
Blair White

3 guys who have excelled when given a chance with Peyton

Andre Reed should be right there with Monk if he's going to be on that list

not sure I agree with that...

Jerry Rice played with Joe Montana and Steve Young... 2 of the best QB's of ALL-TIME

cant use that as a reason that Harrison is NOT in the TOP 10...

I dont think... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back