My Graphing Thread

Did the Phillies/Blue Jays today. Thought about trying for the NFL Draft a little too. Had a pretty lousy day. This is up there as one of my worst graphing days, especially when graphing 2 teams at the same time. Didn't think it would actually be this bad.

Maicer Izturis 1/2
Mark DeRosa 1/1
Brandon Morrow 2/2
Coach Luis Rivera 1/1
Steve Delabar 1/1
Melky Cabrera 1/2
Broadcaster Larry Andersen 1/1

IMG01951_zps941d1644.jpg

Very few Phillies actually signed, such as John Mayberry and Ben Revere. I wasn't able to get Revere and Brett Lawrie (freaking randoms were in my way). Could've gotten Charlie Manuel but he left too early. Depressing day. I'm already getting tired of baseball. Not much going on for next week, maybe the Athletics late in the week. Praying the Rangers end up playing the Bruins in the first round. I think you can guess why. Well thanks for reading.

Today was nice, did the Athletics. I didn't have a ton of stuff for these guys so I did well.

Manager Bob Melvin 1/1
John Jaso 2/2
Eric Sogard 1/1
A.J. Griffin on blank 4x6
Yoenis Cespedes on Cuban flag 8x10
Luke Montz 1/1
Coach Mike Gallego 2/2
Pat Neshek 2 4x6s
Tommy Milone on A's mini helmet
Seth Smith 1/1
Broadcaster Ray Fosse on blank 4x6

IMG01953_zps9af0074d.jpg

IMG01956_zps631f35dd.jpg

IMG01954_zps987485f9.jpg

IMG01957_zps7002edaf.jpg

Cespedes racked. I don't know how long that'll last. A.J. Griffin was awesome too. I missed Jerry Blevins and Jarrod Parker. Chili Davis, Bartolo Colon and Brandon Moss were the only ones that really declined. The first time, Bartolo didn't sign for the crowd and then he ignored us when he left. By that time, there was only 2 of us... Didn't see Josh Reddick or Chris Young. Next week might do the White Sox and Capitals and maybe the Pirates. Thanks for reading.

Had a good day today doing the White Sox, ended strongly. Originally I was thinking of doing them tomorrow and then do the Capitals afterwards but there's rain and thunder in the forecast.

Ken Harrelson on blank 4x6 (Tried to point how I wanted it signed but did it the wrong way)
Matt Lindstrom 2/2
Jesse Crain 1/1
Alexei Ramirez 1/2
Addison Reed 1/1
Matt Thornton 2/2
Hector Giminez 2/2
Casper Wells 1/1
Jordan Danks 1/1
Tyler Flowers 1/1
Jake Peavy 8x10 (I didn't ask to get it personalized)
Paul Konerko 8x10

IMG01959_zps7c51e190.jpg

IMG01960_zpsce7e0c81.jpg

IMG01961_zps2e91d356.jpg

IMG01962_zps34762e43.jpg

Didn't see some of the coaches. It's a pretty rare day that I don't get a coach. Wasn't aware one of the guys was Bobby Thigpen. Gordon Beckham, De Aza, Dunn, Rios, Hector Santiago and Dewayne Wise didn't sign. Didn't see Chris Sale. Very successful day, things went nicely. Also happened to see Rich Eisen, very nice guy. Next up I might do Pirates later this week. Thanks for reading.

Got back to things today. Did the Cincinnati Reds today. But the main reason I went into the city today was for Will Smith, he was on Letterman. Today sucked quantity-wise, but ended up with some good players. For Will I had 3 things: Season 1 of Fresh Prince, printed out an 8x10 and I had a cool NBA Hoops card of him from 91. First, the Reds:

Devin Mesoraco 1/1
Votto 1/1
Jay Bruce 1/2
Jonathan Broxton 1/1
Homer Bailey 1/2

IMG01965_zpsc4af2826.jpg

Bailey is something else, finally got him today. I was maybe the 6th person to get him and he's like "Oh here's another goddamn one." Lol...no comment. Rest of the team was pretty rough. Chapman, Cozart, Dusty, Hanigan, Latos and Sean Marshall were among the Reds who declined to sign. Mike Leake signed for a couple and that was it and same with Cueto. Missed coach Billy Hatcher. I had to leave early to go for Will Smith. At least I got there early enough to get a spot in front. Around an hour and 45 minutes later (didn't think it would take that long), he arrived. Couldn't even get him! Too many people. Waited another hour for him to leave, and he came out.

Will Smith 1/3

IMG01967_zps1cee68ab.jpg

I finally got his attention near the end and he signed the Fresh Prince DVD. I had the card on top too but just signed the DVD. And my day was over. At least I got Will, but wasted a bit of time. Tomorrow I will be back at it. I'm going to do the Reds a little later in the day and then go after the Bruins. As fate would have it, I have another shot at Boston! If you recall, when the Bruins played the Devils over here, it was pouring postgame. Jagr did sign though. Just hoping I can get Jaromir Jagr this time around. Thanks for reading guys.

Thanks Mike.

Yesterday was another somewhat disappointing day where if it wasn't for one person, the day would've been a total waste. Showed up a little later than normal for the Reds. Didn't miss much, mainly Cueto.

Votto 1/1
Zack Cozart 1/2
Ryan Hanigan 1/1

IMG01968_zpsbfac06b1.jpg

I was late for Miguel Cairo. Mike Leake wouldn't sign (starting). Chapman ignored everyone once again. Glad I don't need him on anything anymore. Missed Marshall. Once again I couldn't stick around til the end because I was going after the Bruins. Was really hoping to get Jagr.

Zdeno Chara 8x10
Patrice Bergeron 1/2
Milan Lucic 2/2 (forgot to rub down the 2nd one, forgot it was a glossy one)

IMG01969_zps522612c5.jpg

IMG01971_zps5e9ebce0.jpg

Jagr would not sign, said he would before the next game. Really? Only 5 people there and 2 of them are teens. Now I'm thinking if I'm actually going tomorrow. I am depressing myself at this moment just thinking about us being rejected yesterday.

Nathan Horton didn't sign. There was a group of over 5 players hanging around outside and then boarded the bus. Only person to come over was Lucic. Only other notable guy in the group was Seguin. Wasn't able to get David Krejci, wouldn't come back to me. No coaches signed, didn't see Cam Neely. On the way back home I checked Fallon for J. Cole, he was performing, didn't see any graphers around. Have to see if I end up going back tomorrow for Jagr. Next up could be the Mets and Yankees Monday. Thanks for reading.

That's too bad Jagr said he'd sign and then didn't. I figured that was something that happened often, though. I guess not.

Any idea what this puts your year's total at?

No when he came out he said he'd sign before the next game, being Thursday. Wow so far for 2013 I have 412 out of the basketball, hockey, baseball and the one of Will Smith.

Ok so just about everything went wrong. It was bad but not as bad as the first time I went to a hotel. First off I never got to see Cosby. He might have went in underground or something. The little time I was at Fallon's proved to be too long. On my way to the hotel, I was told that most of the players went in already. At least it wasn't a total loss as many of the players didn't end up signing. I hate when you print out a bunch of things (Cosby, Stephen Curry, Ellis, Grant Hill) and end up getting none of them. All I got for today was....

Mark Jackson 1/2
Hakim Warrick 1/2

At least I finally got Jackson. When he was associated with the Nets, he would never sign for me. I'll get a pic up soon, at least he signed the cooler card.
good luck in getting ur cads signed

Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day. Did the Mets/Yankees at Citi yesterday. Didn't think I'd do so poorly. Around 40 people scattered around.

John Buck 2/2
Daniel Murphy 1/1
Mike Baxter 8x10 for someone doubling up
Ron Darling 1/1

IMG01976_zps89ef4479.jpg

This was one of my worst days graphing Citi. Couldn't even add one to my 2013 team 8x10! Missed Robert Carson. Few others signed that I didn't need. One of the very few Yankees we actually saw we later found out was Reid Brignac. Cano didn't sign. Did get a picture with broadcaster Al Leiter. Forgot that he was a broadcaster, again. However, the day was alright. At this moment, Doc Gooden and John Franco are at the SNY Studios signing. One of my friends is going so I gave him something for Doc and Franco, hoping he can get them for me too. Red Sox and Indians series coming up so I'll have to see about them. Thanks for reading.

I did the Cardinals today, had a decent day finally.

Coach John Mabry 2/2
Coach Derek Lilliquist 1/1
Manager Mike Matheny 1/2
Lance Lynn 1/1
Daniel Descalso 1/1
Carlos Beltran on Mets mini helmet
Wigginton 1/2
Edward Mujica 2/2 - card and Marlins '12 8x10
Randy Choate on Marlins '12 8x10
Allen Craig 1/2
Lynn returned and decided to get him on a Cardinals mini helmet too
Jake Westbrook 1/1

IMG01980_zpsd1fc8cd2.jpg

IMG01981_zpsad47e5c6.jpg

IMG01983_zpsdfbb6ba7.jpg

IMG01984_zpsbfa2a086.jpg

I thought about stopping by the Mets team store to check for a Beltran 8x10 but oh well. Shelby Miller, Jose Oquendo, Bengie Molina, Michael Wacha and Wainwright didn't sign. Wasn't able to get coach Aldrete (signed a lot), Yadier, Freese and Holliday.
Next up, might do the Cubs Friday. Thanks for reading.

Good looking day for tomorrow. There is an event going on for only $5 and a bunch of former players will be there to sign autographs and hold clinics. Those attending:

Dwight Gooden
David Carr
Wesley Walker
Mickey Rivers
Walt Frazier
Goose Gossage
Bernie Williams
Antrell Rolle
Tiki Barber
Sid Fernandez
Kerry Kittles
Mookie Wilson
Sean Landeta

Also some NY Red Bulls players will be there. Wish there was some hockey and a little more bball. I've got the times planned out so let's see how it goes.

Back