Hockey NHL 08/09 Fantasy Hockey!!!!!

Pie your in thirteenth.....you should be much higher but you just leave your team as is and don't participate so what did you expect...............and Natty if you had paid a little more attention as well you could have picked up a decent player or two recently.......it seems that some people in this league think that there are only three participants in this league when I know there are more......and think that because they are in another league and winning that league that it would be okay to mess up this league because their team might not have been to their liking and considered me a whiner because I had complained to them for putting four of their best players on waivers..when in actuality it was them that I would consider to be a whiner because he did not have the balls to stick it out and tried to make it unfair ....what he should have done was either keep his team and let it stand or get in touch with the person in charge of the league put up his players and have a random draw for them with the members that wanted to participate and try for those players giving them the choice whether to change a player for them or not....which means a fair chance for all......I know that some people really try in this league just by looking at the transactions of players.....and yes Natty like you I also have bad goaltending and I noticed you had tried hard to make some pick ups like I had a win here a win there drop one goaler pick up another just too get a few wins...some teams had the luck of the draw with good goaltending......I have five goaltenders on my team just trying to get some wins eliminating chances of getting some extra forwards or D men but it is all part of the strategy is it not.....not giving up but trying to do my best at obtaining higher stats all around.....I only wish the best of luck to all who are still participating ....this is supposed to be fun.....and I only hope that no one tries to mess this league up

I put this same situation up on another league and this was one response I was given which I think was correct.............I won't post the persons name......

That should never be able to happen in a fantasy league . If it would not happen in a real NHL,NFL,MLB ,etc. then it shouldn't be allowed to happen .The commisioner or governing body of the league is responsible to make sure it is taken care of properly. In the league I was in for MLB if the team owner choice to quit the team stayed intact as is for remainder of the season or was sold (buy in) to a new owner. We always had guys who wanted in our league so it was no problem finding an owner. If I was in your postion I think I would be upset,Let us know the outcome.

I'm not going to whine at all, I am actively making moves. I hate that some of the teams are not, but by letting league get this big it's sort of bound to happen. There are probably only a dozen or so TRUE HOCKEY FREAKS in the league. One of these months I'll luck into being first come the first and get a prize (that I hope actually gets here- I won a contest MONTHS ago that has NEVER arrived! Stupid post office!). It is fun, if you keep up with it, and I thank you for the opportunity to participate.

At the end of the december prizes will be awarded for whoever is in 1st AND 2nd place!!! I know we said we were going to do this monthly, but unforseen difficulties arose, so make your moves and rise the ranks, Jan 1st winners for the 1st prize give away will be decided!

Natty I know that you are trying you just past me in player transactions and you have made some decent acquisitions and for that you have been paid off or shall I say rewarded...... you are currently in second place ...that is what fantasy hockey is supposed to be all about if your players are not doing well change them up it is a game of chance a of course hockey knowledge......I also noticed that more participants are making changes .....I thank all of you for at least giving it a little of your time and showing that you really are willing to make this competitive and fun ........as far as being a whiner I was the one accused of being one no one else because I didn't like what one member tried to do ..........good luck everyone.......

Back