Hockey NHL 08/09 Fantasy Hockey!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped veto this trade.......sorry if I sounded so blunt......but I am trying hard to work on my team ....it is my first fantasy team.....and when I see a trade like that and it almost going through makes me feel that it is all for nothing........so in saying so THANKS AGAIN........

This is funny and I don't understand it if anyone knows the reason why let me know over the past week I have tried to pick up a player on waivers I went to add the player and it stated if successful that player will be on my roster I ended waiting three days both times and both times it stated higher waiver Priority which means what that someone got to the player before I did.....or is it for another reason ........why would it make someone wait or think they were getting a player if someone got to the player first....waited three days both times.......I would appreciate any input on this.....

I supposedly got Arnott yesterday, but he wont show up on my roster until tomorrow.

He just cleared waivers, so anyone can try to get him before he clears but noone can actually have him until he clears. I was #2 (maybe 3) on the priority list.

It stated in an email I received that you have him......I was probably number 1 because when I spotted him more than three days ago I tried to get him then I waited and last night midnight as soon as he cleared waivers I went to add him again and a little while later I received the email that said claimed by a higher waiver priority and that was you...........

ty4orce said:
what is a priority list ........if your team needs him more? Or your team claimed him first.......

Its not based off of when you claimed someone. At the beginning of the season I think it is randomly generated or it will be a reverse order of when you drafted.

If you had the #1 pick, then you get the #19 priority waiver.

Once you claim somoene off of waivers (Like I just picked up Arnott) I move to the bottom of the list and everyone moves up. So I moved from #2 to #19 and everyone moved up a spot.

If multiple people try to select Arnott while he is on waivers then whoever has the higher priority (lowest number) will get him, once he clears waivers. So just because you wanted him 3 days ago does not necessarily mean you will get him. If someone comes in with a lower number the day before he clears, then they will get his services.

This is to make sure that not the same people keep getting the guys waived. Like those 2 dudes who were trying to cheat. Without the waiver priority, they could just release every player they have and the other person be on at the same time and they just pick them up immediately. With the waiver list, they can only pick up 1 then drop to the bottom of the list and hope noone else tries to get the others.

If a player is not on waivers, then it will not effect your position on the priority list.

Ty go on the League standings page where all our teams are listed, and in one of the columns will say waiver. You have a number there, and it goes by that. Right now slim99 has the #1, or first priority to pick up a player, so he would get him before anyone else, and so on. Kutzy has 19th priority, because once you get a player, you go to the bottom, and move up one spot everytime someone claims a player. So for example, if you, me, and slim were to try to claim a player he would get him, then move to 19th place, and we would move up one spot for next time. It doesn't matter if you beat him by an hour on the claim. It goes by the time you claim till 24 hours later. If anyone with a lower waiver priority than you claims him within 24 hours after you apply, they bump you out. You still retain your spot for next time.

Really appreciate the info I am new at this so all info helps now I understand I thought it worked differently and people were pulling players under my nose ....LOL....this really helps and really appreciate it at least I know now......thanks again.....

Back