Football Pro Football HOF Thread

wju2004 said:
Two new cut additions:

Hirsch.jpg

Halas.jpg

meh, i dont like cuts much.

OilMan said:
Drafted in 1976 by the Houston Oilers and traded after 4 pre-season games to Seattle..:bag:

Only to go on and become lefty QB Jim Zorn's HOF target and one of the best receivers in the league for the next 13 years.

Largebt15of25.jpg

Great looking card Ron, do you remember how he did as an Oiler during his brief time w/ the team?

dfr52 said:
Hirsch always has a nice sig.

Is Halas difficult to find? It doesn't seem like he would have alot of autos.

Yeah, you don't see many Halas autographs. I just happened to find someone that pulled one and was able to buy it just in time. A bad cut from NT /2 went for 250. According to Beckett, he has 20 certified auto cards, but rarely ever see them appear on ebay.

dfr52 said:
Great looking card Ron, do you remember how he did as an Oiler during his brief time w/ the team?
Houston was still a somewhat country, cowpie kicking town at this time Dave and i don't recall any preseason games being televised as kid in the 70's.

OilMan said:
Houston was still a somewhat country, cowpie kicking town at this time Dave and i don't recall any preseason games being televised as kid in the 70's.

LOL, didn't know that but I'm not sure if preseason games were shown any where in the 70's.

Neat Sanders!

wju2004 said:
Yeah, you don't see many Halas autographs. I just happened to find someone that pulled one and was able to buy it just in time. A bad cut from NT /2 went for 250. According to Beckett, he has 20 certified auto cards, but rarely ever see them appear on ebay.

Congrats on finding it, 20 is a very low number of autos.

today we started our yearly atc event and our guest speaker is floyd little. he came to each company party and everyone told him about me
had a great time talking to him and he will be with us the rest of the week
i will post more pictures later
hof.jpg

OilMan said:
here's one you can appreciate Dave...Took Chuck Howley's spot after he retired.

Lewis5of15.jpg

Yea I can, Lewis was before my time but he did a good job filling in for Howley.

If I didn't limit myself to HOF RC's I would really consider that set b/c I like the design and they all have great patches.

Were you a fanof Lewis yourself?

dfr52 said:
Yea I can, Lewis was before my time but he did a good job filling in for Howley.

If I didn't limit myself to HOF RC's I would really consider that set b/c I like the design and they all have great patches.

Were you a fanof Lewis yourself?[/QUOTE]

yes i was, but because of the fact he went to Mississippi State and i have kin folks that went there

I'm really liking the prime Material Monikers. Saw someone put a Black/White like that Bradshaw! I just need to stay focused and finish my set. lol.

Very nice Bradshaw though!

I just had a reality check though when I went through the list of HOFers I needed and saw how many had 0 autos at all...and how many had 1 or 2 different cards, including one that had 1...that was a 1/1. Ugh!

OilMan said:
dfr52 said:

Were you a fanof Lewis yourself?[/QUOTE]

yes i was, but because of the fact he went to Mississippi State and i have kin folks that went there

Neat connection.:spider:

Back