Football Pro Football HOF Thread

OilMan said:
dfr52 said:
Newest PC Additions & a big thanks to former SCF bad boy Alfordron for the Moon:

This made me LOL..Thanks Dave and I cherish the rep :D

Moon Passed for over 70,000 Pro Football yards...He passed so much with the chuk & duck, he used to say he had "dead arm" every now and again.

LOL, I posted that on SCF as well.:monkey:

I loved the run and shoot. It always made games more interesting.

OilMan said:
I agree James, as bad as i can't stand Dallas, Howley should have already been in the hall, just as Robert Brazile should...Bingham will never get a sniff, especially if Brazile even gets some strong consideration.
I also hate the Cowboys to Ron, but Howley not being in the Hall is a travesty! Same goes for Mac Speedy.

Speedie did some military time and played in the CFL a couple of years in the 40's. Not sure the career was long enough..A broken leg also cut him short with the Browns. I don't know a lot about him and haven't seen much film on him either.

OilMan said:
Speedie did some military time and played in the CFL a couple of years in the 40's. Not sure the career was long enough..A broken leg also cut him short with the Browns. I don't know a lot about him and haven't seen much film on him either.
Speedie was one of the vest WR's of his era. If I'm not mistaken he posted better numbers that other receivers of his era who are in the Hall. I think he got pissed at Paul Brown and went and played in the CFL. Of course, the NFL doesn't recognize AAFC records so that could be part of it too.

Lavie Dilweg and Al Wister are two others who belong in the Hall.

from what i have just been reading, you are correct sir..Wister supposedly has a HOF petition going also, but i can't find an active copy online.

I do to. The 1920's NFL had some great players, it's just that one needs to familiarize themselves with those players. Also, in the 20's the ball had amore rounded shape so the game was a bit different.

The Wildcat Offense that the Dolphins use isn't new, teams ran that play in the 20's 7 30's.

:woo:

Hey fellas, i am as excited as I have ever been about obtaining card..Finally scored one of these rare beauties..I have been after one of these for 6 years..:party3:

BehteaAuto.jpg
BetheaBack.jpg

Thanks James, I had pretty much given up on ever owning one of those....you talk about one tough card to find..Bethea only has a couple of Auto cards and they don't turn up much at all...You'd think with him being a HOF'er and all, he would have turned up in some National Treasures product.

Congrats Ron! I'm a big fan of the Topps HOF autos. They always look sharp. I wonder why no company includes him?

Back