Basketball Take a look at what this guy threatened to do on eBay! Ridiculous!

BDHornets1

Bench Warmer
Hey guys, This guy bought a PSA Michael Jordan Topps Chrome from me and used an eCheck that took 7 days to clear. So he sends me a message on ebay stating:

"Plz leave me feedback"

I respond:
"I will leave feedback for you when you receive the card and feedback is left for me, that is how I work as a seller."

I believe that is pretty normal procedure. So he responds:

"well if feedback is not left for me when payment is recieved i will only leave negitive feedback if i have to leave it first that how i work as a buyer"

Ridiculous!!! So I responded with this:

"what are you talking about!? i waited for over a week for your payment while a check cleared! I was going to leave you very positive feedback saying you paid quickly with no issues once you received the card! You have 9 feedback on ebay, i've been a member here for over 9 years with over 500 feedback! all of which is 100% positive. I leave my feedback after the products are received by the buyer. That is how many sellers work here on eBay. If you leave negative feedback for me on the basis that I didn't leave feedback immediately when your check cleared then I will be forced to report you to eBay for an unwarranted negative comment which can result in a suspension of your account. You will not be able to defend yourself in that case as I have the message you sent saying you would leave a negative if I didn't leave you feedback immediately. Please be advised that it would be wise not to leave a negative feedback for that reason.

By the way your card ships tonight, you should have it in a few days."

The guy has been a member since June 18, 2009 with 9 feedback!

His eBay name is twme6789

What do you guys think? I'm going to block him from bidding on my other auctions, i'm not going to deal with people like that. He has no clue.

send another piece of mail. But this time fill the padded mailer with qtips after you poked them in your bum!! I did something like this to a person that tried to rip me off.

but why? Don't you want to make sure the product is received first on the other end? Does it warrant a negative feedback rating if I don't leave feedback until the card is received??

No, it doesn't warrant that, but IMO it's the right thing to do. All that the buyer must do is pay when they win something, so their job is done when they do pay and feedback should be left for them. Just my opinion though.

I have to agree with Gibson. I have almost 2400 positives on eBay and I always leave feedback for the buyer when payment is received. If they buy your item and pay you within your due date, they have held up their end and should receive appropriate feedback

One of my pet peeves on Ebay is someone holding the feedback hostage. If I pay right after the auction is over, I just think feedback should be left when you see the payment has been sent not after you get your positive. JMO

I told him that he will receive appropriate feedback, but what is the difference if I wait until after he receives the card or not? So you might think well then just leave it for him when he pays, but I like to make sure the product is received before I leave feedback. There are some people that don't leave feedback at all! He's basically saying if I dont leave feedback he's going to leave a negative, even if he receives exactly what he bought? That makes no sense.

HERE'S HIS RESPONSE TO MY LAST MESSAGE!

"be wise that i dont care what u think or how long u been a member because if u been a memeber for that long u know ebay was founded were buyers pay sellers sellers leave feed back and then buyers leave feed back for sellers now report that to ebay because if they did away with sellers like u ebay would be run the way it should not the way sellers make it up so bye now and leave me alone all i ask u 2 do was give me feeed back for a item i paid u for and by the way ebay made u eait a week not me i checked my bank statement and my payment cleared the day after it was posted to u so im sry had 2 wait

BDHornets1 said:
I told him that he will receive appropriate feedback, but what is the difference if I wait until after he receives the card or not? So you might think well then just leave it for him when he pays, but I like to make sure the product is received before I leave feedback. There are some people that don't leave feedback at all! He's basically saying if I dont leave feedback he's going to leave a negative, even if he receives exactly what he bought? That makes no sense.

Because you're basically "holding feedback hostage". Why are you waiting? So that if he leaves you a negative, you can in turn leave him a negative even though he paid you on time and did his part? Bottom line, once a buyer has paid for the item they have done their part of the deal. Therefore, they should receive appropriate feedback for doing such. Once the buyer receives their item, they should then leave appropriate feedback for the seller. Common sense goes a long way. What reason would you have for not leaving him feedback once he's done his part by paying you?

Spell Check=FTW for that guy! LOL

Definitely no need for him to act that way, and the leaving feedback after payment can go either way. You can do it immediately or after they recieve the item. I don't see any wrong in either way.
Since sellers can no longer leave negative feedback(which I find absurd!) only thing I could forsee is if you left positive feedback and then the buyer tries to say item not recieved or something to that nature. Being a seller now days is tough!

Back