Basketball Take a look at what this guy threatened to do on eBay! Ridiculous!

Well Steve seeing as you don't have a clue about ebay, because as a seller you can't leave negative feedback anymore, I wouldn't be commenting on this thread.
BJTheMan is correct that the feedback issue can go either way, I like to leave it after he receives it for the exact reason that you stated. But besides the point, I left him positive feedback because it's the higher road to take in this situation. But by saying you're holding "feedback hostage," maybe I am as I would like to make sure I get my feedback as well. I have sold so many items where people have not left any feedback for me at all. But no one has made as big of a deal as this guy did, so I decided to just leave it for him instead of writing back a nasty email after the one he sent to me. It's the right thing to do in this situation I think. But I still stick by my leaving feedback after the product is received.

orangejello727 said:
send another piece of mail. But this time fill the padded mailer with qtips after you poked them in your bum!! I did something like this to a person that tried to rip me off.

wait, you stuck qtips in your butt? You can consider those little dildos.

Yea I know, that's why I always leave feedback whether I buy or sell. But I don't do it until the buyer has received the card. But in this case instead of escalating it even further than it already had gotten, I decided to be the bigger man and just leave him his feedback.

i usually wait to leave feedback as well... Ebay took away pretty much everything from the sellers, so since I can only leave a positive I wait to make sure everything went smooth. It's not like I can neg them anyway. And besides, the transaction isn't complete til both parties get their items. So I see nothing wrong waiting. I can't imagine a scenario though were waiting to leave feedback warrants a negative feedback. That's asinine.

Feedback isn't suppost to be left until the Transaction is over. Just because they paid doesn't mean its over.

We just went through it with Adam and the Set. That guy doesn't deserve a positive feedback because he screwed us. But Adam left one after he paid.

Feedback is MEANT for AFTER the transaction. Just because they paid, doesn't mean the Transaction is over. The guy could screw ya by wanting his money back because he didn't like the card or whatever, or realizing he overpaid.

finally, a couple of guys on my side! I feel the same way ground support and wilkins. A transaction is not complete until both sides have received their items/payment. It works the same way with trades on this site as well. Should I upset that i haven't received feedback from someone yet for a paypal payment i made in a trade? No, I haven't received the card yet. Once I receive it, i will mark the trade complete and then i will expect feedback.

I don't sell on Ebay but on other auction sites where I sell, I always leave feedback after the guy receives the card/leaves me feedback because I believe the whole transaction also involves how the buyer behaves with any problem that might arise.

Once I sold a Shaq insert for like a buck and got an email from the buyer saying he wasn't happy with the transaction.
Long story short, it was his 11y.o illiterate son who bought the card without reading my auction description.
I offered money back and told him that his son could keep the card.
The father replied saying, thanks but it is my son who is in the wrong and this will be a good lesson to him.
I thought... okay problem solved.

A few days later I got left a negative.

So bottom line with me, I now only leave feedback after the WHOLE transaction is completed.

Feedback should be left by the seller once they have received payment. The buyer has done their part and has no more to do with the transaction. It's the seller's repsonsibility to ensure that the package arrives safely to the buyer and should charge accordingly.

ozballer23 said:
Feedback should be left by the seller once they have received payment. The buyer has done their part and has no more to do with the transaction. It's the seller's repsonsibility to ensure that the package arrives safely to the buyer and should charge accordingly.

Aye mate but sometimes the seller does ensure the package arrives safely and as described but for some reason the buyer screwed up or sometimes they just plain lie/scam people over ;)

Hands said:
Aye mate but sometimes the seller does ensure the package arrives safely and as described but for some reason the buyer screwed up or sometimes they just plain lie/scam people over ;)

There is tracking available internationally that covers both seller and buyer. The seller just has to charge what it costs to protect themselves, period. In the end, like I siad, once the buyer has made payment, their part is done. There is nothing more they can do! Feedback should be left at that point. Once the item is received, then the buyer can leave feedback also. You will get a few who will try and rip you off etc, but that's the chance you take with ebay. Trust me, I know! You will always have a few ugly duckilings wherever you go!

"Feedback isn't suppost to be left until the Transaction is over. Just because they paid doesn't mean its over."

From the buyers side, their obligation for the transaction is over. Now it's the sellers responsibility to make sure the card gets to the buyer.

TKCards said:
"Feedback isn't suppost to be left until the Transaction is over. Just because they paid doesn't mean its over."

From the buyers side, their obligation for the transaction is over. Now it's the sellers responsibility to make sure the card gets to the buyer.

Says who? Maybe you should take a look at the ebay website ;)

Why leave Feedback?
Leaving honest comments gives members a good idea of what to expect when dealing with other members. Leaving Feedback is also a way to increase the goodwill of the eBay community by expressing your appreciation for a job well done. Finally, if you are a buyer, you can help spread the word about a seller you like, and if you are a seller, you can help recognize and reward loyal customers, which encourages them to buy from you again.

Can't find anywhere that says that feedback is for the "overall" transaction. In this case that we're speaking about, it's the seller saying what he thinks of the buyer, yes he completed his part of the deal, with or without any issues.

Why leave Feedback?
Leaving honest comments gives members a good idea of what to expect when dealing with other members. Leaving Feedback is also a way to increase the goodwill of the eBay community by expressing your appreciation for a job well done. Finally, if you are a buyer, you can help spread the word about a seller you like, and if you are a seller, you can help recognize and reward loyal customers, which encourages them to buy from you again.

where does this say feedback should be left as soon as payment is received.

In fact, I think this line helps support what I said:
Leaving honest comments gives members a good idea of what to expect when dealing with other members

This to me says wait til the transaction is completed, b/c if the buyer files faulty chargebacks, or harrasses the seller, you should leave feedback that reflects it, b/c that's honest feedback that tells other members what to expect.

Back