The FINAL FOUR in NCAA Football - Who will make it?

Wow... what a day for college football.

Michigan State wakes up in the fourth quarter and wins over Baylor (...and to be honest, the wife and I went out shopping, because, as I told her, Baylor would win... so guess who missed the greatest comeback of all time!!!!)

Oregon easily, no not easily.. they MAN-HANDLED Florida State.

Ohio State won over Alabama...in a game that was not as close as the score says.

So now the big question... after Oregon beats Ohio State, where does TCU and Michigan State end up?

I am thinking something like this:

1. Oregon (okay, it could be Ohio State)
2. TCU
3. (I truly believe that the pollsters will make this either Oregon or Ohio State)
4. Michigan State
5. Alabama
6. Florida State

Here's how I think it will end up:

1. Winner of Title Game (Go Ducks!!!!!)
2. TCU
3. Loser of Title Game
4. Alabama
5. Florida State
6. Michigan State

I think that FSU only drops to 5. I know they looked terrible against Oregon but they finish 13-1 and I think having only 1 loss keeps them in the top 5.

I agree with Camaro. As awful as FSU is (and it finally showed against a well-run defense), they did get into the CFP, which means they likely could only fall behind TCU or Baylor. Since Baylor lost, I don't foresee FSU dropping from the top-5. I do think, however, that they shouldn't have been in the top-5 going into the new year... but that's just me.

1) Oregon
2) TCU
3) OSU
4) Bama
5) FSU

I disagree that OSU dominated the Bama game. They dominated the second half on defense, yes, but that's not the same as saying they dominated the game. It was a sloppy game that really could have gone either way. I think OSU will be a lot more worn down going into the title game than Oregon, and expect Oregon to win by a score like 35-10.

I do think, however, that they shouldn't have been in the top-5 going into the new year... but that's just me.
I think that's a hard to really say though. I would say that the committee got it right in the sense that the 4 most deserving teams got in. That is different than saying the 4 best teams got in. As poorly as FSU looked all season, they were the defending champions and they were the only school to go undefeated (and had won 29 straight games). That gets them into the playoff even if that means a better 1 loss team gets left out. I personally think that the 4 best teams going into the playoff (in no particular order) were Oregon, Alabama, TCU and Ohio State. But, I think the committee got it right and picked the 4 most deserving teams.

Back