Who will the lions Draft?

hornsfan92 said:
shouldn't of said that one hahah

but no, johnson hasn't done anything yet, and for the lions to draft him would be absurd. What they need is a franchise QB. If they are smart they will take russell or quinn. BUT, knowing the lions it will end up being johnson or joe thomas

Drew Stanton will be available in the 2nd round.

I don't want Quinn..

I agree they should take Joe Thomas, or Russell...

Or we should at least try and get a QB in the 2nd round, FA, or a trade... trade our 2nd rounder and McCown for like Shaub ! :)

#11 Roy Williams said:
I don't want Quinn..

I agree they should take Joe Thomas, or Russell...

Or we should at least try and get a QB in the 2nd round, FA, or a trade... trade our 2nd rounder and McCown for like Shaub ! :)

haha for mcclown or schrub? they could get better in the draft with the pick they have right now

Where is the love for Furrey!! Good grief he only caught 98 balls for over 1000 yrds last year. Not bad for a guy that was playing safety the prior year. :confused:

If they stay at #2 it should be Thomas, but I got a feeling they will try hard to drop down and get a few extra picks. Then select one of the DE's Anderson/Adams ( you wanna rely on Kalimba again? ) or another defensive player.

Marinelli knows the defense has got to get better for this team to get better. The offense could score point's but once again the defense was ranked like 28th in the league and couldn't get the stops at the end of the games.

They still need help at O-line, DE, MLB and a corner. Just my .02 ;)

I wouldn't mind Stanton with a 2nd round pick and Joe Thomas with the 2nd pick... I just don't see them really needing to add to their offense anymore than just an OL and a QB... I hate Kitna, because he commits the most turnovers I've seen for a single player..

I also would'nt mind if he traded down either..

in my opion i think they should take a QB, but not a WR they have enought young WR. they need to plan for the future.

and i think that the raiders might take Johnson

#11 Roy Williams said:
I wouldn't mind Stanton with a 2nd round pick and Joe Thomas with the 2nd pick... I just don't see them really needing to add to their offense anymore than just an OL and a QB... I hate Kitna, because he commits the most turnovers I've seen for a single player..

I also would'nt mind if he traded down either..

And he still threw for 4000 yards.

If we draft a QB next year, they will get next to NO PT.

Calvin Johnson will jump right into a top 5 WR in the league.

hockeyrules555 said:
in my opion i think they should take a QB, but not a WR they have enought young WR. they need to plan for the future.

and i think that the raiders might take Johnson

They do not. They cut rogers, and almost cut mike williams a few times last year.

I actually wouldn't mind Johnson either...

I mean, it would take some of the spotlight off of Roy.. which would let him get freed up a bit more... every time I watch a game, he is usually double covered, or at least played really tight..

Thank you.

Now people can see the double threat on both sides of the ball, with a guy who can actually throw.

We will have tatum bell and kevin Jones in the back feild. We have backus and the kid we just picked up from denver.

Then they could still get Drew Stanton in then 2nd round, and buster douglas from FSU in the 3rd.

( I watched a special on ESPN about what the lions should do. This is exactly what they said to do)

If they go WR in the 1rst somebody will snap and go after Ford and Millen! :D You have 2 WR's that had over 1000 yrds each and Mike Williams ( who knows if he's out of the doghouse yet ) so I don't think WR is a priority. Plus don't forget KJ was on his way to average 80 receptions before the injury last year. Fix the defense!!!

Back