Who will the lions Draft?

The defense is sorry as well...

That is why we lost ALOT of our games.. our offense was actually pretty good. We kept up with alot of teams, but only lost by a few points because of our defense..

WR is pretty good for us. But Calvin Johnson would have such an impact.. it would help everything. The run game, help Roy and Furrey get even more catches and maybe give the defense more rest...

_CJ_ said:
If they go WR in the 1rst somebody will snap and go after Ford and Millen! :D You have 2 WR's that had over 1000 yrds each and Mike Williams ( who knows if he's out of the doghouse yet ) so I don't think WR is a priority. Plus don't forget KJ was on his way to average 80 receptions before the injury last year. Fix the defense!!!

Yep, and the houston texans passed on Reggie Bush too.

People don't realize how good this kid is. He ran a 4.3 40.

Take a peek at the 03' draft.
1rst rnd: Charles Rogers 4.3, Andre Johnson 4.5, Bryant Johnson 4.5,

2nd rnd: Taylor Jacobs 4.42, Bethel Johnson 4.5, Anquan Boldin 4.7

How's the slower Boldin been doin against the faster boy's? Funny how all those teams let him slide because he was too slow remember?

Speed isn't everything and Mr Johnson won't be playing against Troy, Samford or Duke anymore. I'm not saying he won't make it in the big's, maybe he does maybe he's another overhyped player? One thing I do know is the speed thing is waaaaaay over rated IMO...

Well, he is a big boy. He has hands, tall and can leap.

I think he will be very good. But, him and Roy would be just amazing in future years...

Lions have so many spots they should fill, I don't know where to start..

But, a defensive player shouldn't be taken in the first 3 picks.. They just don't have the most impact right away like the Lions need..

They need:
Joe Thomas
JaMarcus Russell
MAYBE Calvin Johnson

They should trade down for a few good defensive players, draft a QB in the 2nd round and get another OL

ndianapolis – Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson solidified his position as one of the top prospects for the NFL Draft when he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.35 seconds on Sunday at the RCA Dome.

Johnson, going against the advice of his agent, decided to run. He didn't participate in the pass catching drills. A sub 4-4, time is considered elite by NFL scouts.

The speed combined with Johnson size, 6-foot-5, 239 pounds, is a rare blend for a wide receiver.

Also, Georgia Tech's Reggie Ball was moved from the quarterbacks group and took part in the pass catching drills as a wide receiver prospects. He's trying to following the footsteps of former quarterbacks Antwaan Randle El and Reggie McNeal. Randle El, a quarterback at Indiana, plays wide receiver for the Washington Redskins.

McNeal, who played quarterback at Texas A&M, made the Cincinnati Bengals last season as a wide receiver.

The guy is just as tall as most wide recievers.

Only difference, he is faster then all of them, and can jump with the best of them.

Calvin Johnson is one of the best WR's ever to hit the NFL draft.

joshsmith said:
And he still threw for 4000 yards.

If we draft a QB next year, they will get next to NO PT.

Calvin Johnson will jump right into a top 5 WR in the league.

i think your giving a little too much love to calvin johnson here lol, hes good, but not the right pick for the lions. The lions have had a bad history with recievers, so they need to go with something else now. get quinn or russell or have fun in last place with mclown and scrhub

hahahah yes schrub is schuab..was just bringing it up because you said you would like the lions to have him earlier.

but be real, the lions aren't going to all the sudden be better anyways, and a qb would be a much better choice. I mean they are stocked at WR, roy, furrey, mike williams could be good, give him another year or 2 to pan out. their rbs are pretty good, bell,jones, and calhoun. but kitna at qb? hes getting older and not as good, so they should take their franchise guy now.

i think they should take russel if he's still there. they dont need wide recievers. Roy Williams is one of the best in the league, and mike furrey stepped up last year, puttin up better #'s than randy moss, chris chambers, and mushin muhammed.

A QB would be nice, but I really don't see a franchise player in this draft...

I don't like Quinn, and Russell will probably go first, if not, I just don't know about him. He can throw the ball 75 yards, but he needs to hit the WR... but, he may fit in well with the Lions throw deep just about everytime playbook..

hornsfan92 said:
i think your giving a little too much love to calvin johnson here lol, hes good, but not the right pick for the lions. The lions have had a bad history with recievers, so they need to go with something else now. get quinn or russell or have fun in last place with mclown and scrhub

OK they drafted a Thug from Saginaw michigan named Charles Rogers. Then they drafted Mike Williams who was HIGH at #11 when they drafted him.

Calvin Johnson is the best player in the draft, and IMO they will be making a mistake if they don't draft him.

Even if they draft and trade him, they will make out better then drafting anyone else.

Back