• Donovan McNabb

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Ben Roethlisberger

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Not on this list

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters
Ground Support said:
How can you say Peyton Manning didn't choke?! He is known for his late 4th quarter drives that leads to a victories. How many did he have this year alone? 7? 8?

I am going to say he had 1 comeback win with the team down by 7 points or more with 3 min to go. But that was against the Patriots and we all know how bad they are.

Ground Support said:
He choked big time, in the big game. A good precentage probably thought he was going to score on that drive, not throw a pick six..

I consider choking big time as an action or combined actions by a single player that inarguably turns a bona-fied victory into a loss. Stick any quarterback in the league on the Colts for that game and I see a loss, the Saints played that good and had great calls from the sideline.

Ground Support said:
EDIT.. I also disagree about the only thing the INT did. Your right, it did prevent the Saints from kicking a game winning FG, but it also prevented the COLTS from tying the superbowl, and a shot at winning the game.

I would say it prevented a sack, then 4th and 12 as a shot at tying, then perhaps a pray for a miracle to win. (2 scores in 3min, when your D gets 0 stops = miracle)

Obviously your interpretation/definition for choking big time is different then mine. Its your opinion and your entitled to it no matter how silly it might be.

Going back to the debate for post season performance for 2009 apparently both guys failed. Congratulations Drew Brees for not having a jackarse for a coach.

Lets take a look at the Brady vs Manning stats for their final shot at repeated glory for the '09 postseason......Here are the Results!

NFL 2009 SEASON FACTS:
(Brady performed mediocre and lost in the playoffs to a wild card team)
Bradys SuperBowl trip failure(No wonder why the trip was cut short)
T. Brady 23/42 yrds154 avg3.7 td2 int3 pct49.1

(Colts had the best record in NFL, Manning Notched another MVP Title)
Mannings SuperBowl failure(Colts beat the team the knocked out the Pats)
P. Manning 31/45 yrds333 avg7.4 td1 int1 pct88.5

If its not evident that Manning was a better choice then Brady this year then....to each his own.......Would I pick Brees over Manning next year Nope ;)

I think Manning has 5-6 legit shots at repeating glory!

ac-n-mike said:
I don't think Peyton choked, he just lost...

he will still more than likely go down as one of the best quarter backs of ALL-TIME... maybe make a push for THE best

MY TOP 5 in NO PARTICULAR ORDER

Brett Favre (stats are NUTS)
Dan Marino (again stats are NUTS)
Joe Montana (enough said)
Johnny Unitas (in that era I dont think you can talk about the best without saying his name)
Peyton Manning

I think he is THAT good

I slightly disagree I like Marino but think Elway might have him slightly beat. When Favre & Manning are done Marino's 13 current records will be 5 or fewer. I do not think Montana is toppled unless someone takes/breaks (4) Rings while taking a majority of the records.
1.Joe Montana
2.Johnny Unitas
3.Brett Favre
4.Peyton Manning

Tom Brady was good, but in all actuality he is comparable to Terry Bradshaw except Bradshaw has 4 rings. To be considered one of the greatest you have to carry your team, not be carried by your team. Brady was in the right place at the right time. I guess you can say he had great luck.

The Patriots carried Tom Brady to 4 super bowls? That's news to me...

The Patriots carried Tom Brady to all of these records..

NFL records

* Highest total passing touchdowns in a regular season: 50 (2007)
* Highest total passing touchdowns in a season: 56 (2007)
* Highest total passing touchdowns in a single quarter: 5 (2009)
* Highest completion percentage in a single game: 92.9% (2007)
* Largest touchdown to interception difference: +42 (2007)
* NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004)
* Tied for most completions in a Super Bowl: 32 (XXXVIII)
* Most career Super Bowl completions: 100 (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII)
* Most games with three or more touchdown passes: 12 (2007)
* Most touchdown passes in a month: 20 (October 2007)
* Only quarterback to start and win 3 Super Bowls before his 28th birthday.
* Most career overtime wins without a defeat: 7-0
* Most consecutive playoff wins by a quarterback: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004)
* Most consecutive completions to start a career without an interception: 162

And Postseason records..
* NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr).
* Most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12
* 3 Super Bowl victories
* 2 Super Bowl MVP awards
* Most completions in a Super Bowl (32 in Super Bowl XXXVIII)
* Most career Super Bowl completions (100 in four games)
* Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)[47]

OilMan said:
i'm going to go out on a limb here paw paw and say brady's ring getting days are done and i will put a nice card on that too...:cool:

We can say that about Manning as well.. He isn't getting any younger..He is about to turn 34. We will see how many MVP type years he has left, but his time is limited.

The thing about New England is that they are in such a weak division, they will be in the playoffs every year. So we will see. The Brady Vs. Manning showdown will happen again in the playoffs before both players retire.

Ground Support said:
The Patriots carried Tom Brady to 4 super bowls? That's news to me...

The Patriots carried Tom Brady to all of these records..

NFL records

* Highest total passing touchdowns in a regular season: 50 (2007)
* Highest total passing touchdowns in a season: 56 (2007)
* Highest total passing touchdowns in a single quarter: 5 (2009)
* Highest completion percentage in a single game: 92.9% (2007)
* Largest touchdown to interception difference: +42 (2007)
* NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004)
* Tied for most completions in a Super Bowl: 32 (XXXVIII)
* Most career Super Bowl completions: 100 (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII)
* Most games with three or more touchdown passes: 12 (2007)
* Most touchdown passes in a month: 20 (October 2007)
* Only quarterback to start and win 3 Super Bowls before his 28th birthday.
* Most career overtime wins without a defeat: 7-0
* Most consecutive playoff wins by a quarterback: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004)
* Most consecutive completions to start a career without an interception: 162

And Postseason records..
* NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr).
* Most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12
* 3 Super Bowl victories
* 2 Super Bowl MVP awards
* Most completions in a Super Bowl (32 in Super Bowl XXXVIII)
* Most career Super Bowl completions (100 in four games)
* Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)[47]

Obviously not ALL since you have a college record there. But the majority is YES they did!!! I said it before in this thread Brady is a soldier not a general. Brady's records are laughable, wikipedia Manning's records, its not even close. Pats sit Brady as Colts sat Manning, Brady has even less of his few records. The playoff win streak is laughable since they missed the playoffs in 02. You have some things posted twice in there. Since when was 3 superbowl wins a record, or even 2 superbowl MVP's?

Brady earned a Superbowl MVP with a 86 QB rating with 145 throwing yards, how, yet Manning choked "Big Time" with 333 yrds and a 88 QB rating........

Patriots were the team of the decade, Manning was the QB of the decade. I am done with this 2009 thread, if you want to debate it more make a 2010 QB thread

FACT: 09 Manning was a better choice then Brady:drink:

Here is the CHOKE, so maybe you can understand better what I'm talking about.

COLTS down by 7 with 3:20 to go. They have the ball and are 31 yards away from tying the superbowl. A managable 3rd and 5 for the MVP.

Then Manning Throws a PICK SIX.

[youtube]s2p0-Pjcogg[/youtube]

You can sugar coat it any way you want, but bottom line, Manning choked in crunchtime of the superbowl!

Your the MVP, Your in the SUPERBOWL as the FAVORITE, and you throw a pick six in crunchtime. On top of that, IT WAS HIS FAVORITE PLAY (according to the announcer)
CHOKE.

reggie-miller.jpg

:D :D :D

Ground Support said:
On top of that, IT WAS HIS FAVORITE PLAY (according to the announcer)

that's actually part of the problem though. Tracy Porter said that when he saw Collie go in motion towards the line he KNEW it was going to be a quick slant to Wayne, b/c that's the play the Colts run in that situation. So he beat Wayne to the spot, picked it off, and boom goes the dynamite

Back