Better RB?

Who was a better RB, Herschel Walker or Reggie Bush?

• Total voters
To be honest, never saw herschel play, nor do I know the types of teams he plaid against. In terms of numbers yes huge, archie griffith is probably all time best rb, but so many to choose from.

richard.jpg

Again was it incorrect? Then I guess it was well done. It is not like I got it from WIKI and acted like it was mine. Who care you are only trying to change the subject away from USC beating UG in every major award. Almost 100 more All Americas that is crazy.
Nobody wants to talk about USCs history! Are you having fun talking to yourself? :roflmao:

One thing I love about this is our argment was based on in college but he left that out of the poll to gain votes. LOL

I am kinda shocked the poll is so close. I figured most would go for Walker since almost everyone ahtes USC now. Reggie was a great college RB though and he made the other team game plan around him which opened the feild for his team mates. Also he was a beast on special teams. Now why do yuo feel Walker was better. I am kinda interested this could be a good debate.

So are you suggesting that Bush sucks in the NFL?

To be honest Reggie is not as get of an NFL player as Walker. Reggie is still getting better though and might be in the future but as of right now I would say Walker was the better pro. Now in collge I think reggie was better but there is a huge difference between college and pro. Well I am back to work see what you guys think when i get off work tonight.

I am kinda shocked the poll is so close. I figured most would go for Walker since almost everyone ahtes USC now. Reggie was a great college RB though and he made the other team game plan around him which opened the feild for his team mates. Also he was a beast on special teams. Now why do yuo feel Walker was better. I am kinda interested this could be a good debate.
You must not know much about Walker then. Walker has UGA. He had no Heisman QB next to him. Every team knew that the ball was going to Walker and they still couldn't stop him. The guy was a machine. He did 1,500 sit ups and 1,500 push ups everyday (and still does to this day). The game plan at Georgia was Herschel left, Herschel right, Herschel up the middle. Walker did more for UGA than Reggie Bush ever could do for USC.

You must not know much about Walker then. Walker has UGA. He had no Heisman QB next to him. Every team knew that the ball was going to Walker and they still couldn't stop him. The guy was a machine. He did 1,500 sit ups and 1,500 push ups everyday (and still does to this day). The game plan at Georgia was Herschel left, Herschel right, Herschel up the middle. Walker did more for UGA than Reggie Bush ever could do for USC.

You are right I do not know alot about Walkers days in UGA. I do on the other hand realize that without Reggie USC would not have been anywhere near a National title and maybe not a BCS bowl. he brought alot to the team and helped make everyone around him 10 times better. The other team knew the ball was coming to Reggie somehow but they also knew they had no chance of stopping him. The only time I saw Reggie play horrible was against Texas. Everyone has there bad days though and that was his worst.

You are right I do not know alot about Walkers days in UGA. I do on the other hand realize that without Reggie USC would not have been anywhere near a National title and maybe not a BCS bowl. he brought alot to the team and helped make everyone around him 10 times better. The other team knew the ball was coming to Reggie somehow but they also knew they had no chance of stopping him. The only time I saw Reggie play horrible was against Texas. Everyone has there bad days though and that was his worst.
Herschel beat the beat the best run defense in the national by himself with a separated shoulder. Watch some videos of Herschel. He would out run people and then run people over. Reggie Bush wasn't running anyone over. Herschel would run 2 people over at the same time.

I know you've seen this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nc2XsimM90

This was his first college game ever, on the road, against Tennessee. Herschel carried Georgia as a freshman to the National Championship and finished 3 in Heisman voting. He should have won it.

Georgia's record with Walker was 33-3.

Herschel Walker was arguably the most dominant offensive player in college football history. He's consistently in the top three of greatest college football players (not just college runningbacks). Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell and Archie Griffin were great running backs, but Walker was a force. There's a reason Minnesota gave up half a football team to get him (regardless of how he then underperformed at the pro level).

Back