I'm Tired Of All The Patriots Hate!

marinocollector

Bench Warmer
I am a lowly Dolphins fan, being in the AFC East, I have a God-given right to hate the Patriots as much as any human being can hate in his heart, but I am tired of a lot of various message board talk complaining about the Patriots. Since this is the only trade site I actively take part in I am going to vent my opinion. This is an open discussion, so please feel free to share your views, but name calling and statements made without apropriate justification will be frowned upon. :D

THIS IS THE NFL! I know many have expressed that these are pros... the best of the best... so keep playing still they stop you... run up the score...
I feel many people are missing the key points here.... And the small statements do not help accurately describe how the game is played and why sitting the starters would only leave the Patriots' tremendous accomplishments thus far, left in vague rememberance... like the Vikings 15-1 season.... accompanied by the Falcons Dirty Bird.

first off I believe everyone here would agree with me a game situation is nothing like practice. How a player reacts in a game may end up totally different than practice and visa versa.... so if this holds true, why would you play your starters for only 20- 30 plays a game?

As a coach, I would not care how big a lead is, if I can get some insight as to how my team would react in a certain situations, I would take advantage of that oppurtunity. For example, its 2nd and 1, we have a run defense in, they play action.... would my team allow the bomb over safety's head? If so, I as a coach need to if this is the case, if so, I need to express more in practice that keeping the play in front of you is more important!

I'm sure everyone here knows the amount of physical stress the body is put under for a 60 minute football game.... the cardiovascular muscles are also some of the most vulnerable at weakening, one day you could be at top physical shape, running miles in under 5 minutes, take a week or two off, suddenly your struggling to get a mile in 6 minutes! SOOOOO our next point is....

WHY WOULD I SIT MY PLAYERS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE THIRD QUARTER EVERY WEEK WHEN I NEED THEM FOR FOUR QUARTERS IN THE PLAYOFFS?
Sorry for yelling, just wanted to stress the point.... making it bold didn't have the right affect. So when the Patriots have killed everyone week in and week out, relaxing come half time, how do you think their bodies would react when playing in the fourth quarter of the AFC Championship game against the Colts in the cold of a NE winter? Probably have a few dozen players in oxygen masks, but don't worry, the second string would be in tip top shape to watch Addai score his fifth touchdown of the day. What if they made it to the Super Bowl against Dallas? Come the fourth quarter a winded Randy Moss is being blanketed by (gasp) Roy Williams! Roy "I thought I was playing LB this whole time!" Williams.

I think by now, even the most close minded Patriot hater would have to somewhat agree with these points..... So we have to have our players in until the middle of the fourth quarter..... for conditioning and to improve my communications as a coach.... If our players are playing do we want them to play half speed? I would hope the answers is a resounding NEVER!

When one plays half speed in any professional contact sport, one is leaving oneself open to a career ending injury. Back hesitates in hitting the hole... straightens leg.... lineman fall backward into knee cap.... knee cap go bye bye.... Has anyone ever seen a crossing route where the WR has caught the ball, kept going, was flattened by a CB whos standing there (waiting) before the WR saw him? If so, I'm sure you saw something very interesting.... the WR walk away shaking his head, the CB being carted away. You see, the WR was going full speed... the CB hestitated and just sat there waiting.... sure he inititiated contact, but his half speed force could not compare to the all out abandonment of the WRs force.

I think by now you see my point.... the players have to be in the game, they have to be going full speed, they have to play the plays their coaches call to the best of their abilities.... if no one stops them... how is it their fault? Its not running up the score.... its a beautiful display of competitive dominance... something one very seldom gets to truly witness.... THIS IS NFL HISTORY! I'm too young to remember the 49ers of the 80s, to remember Marinos '84 season or the Bears of 85, remember OJ being loved.... I was born after the Steel Curtain, the 72 Fins, Joe Willie's Gurantee, the NFL merger, Jim Brown acting hurt after every play, Vince Lombardi adding arrows after every play design because the play should end in the end zone. I can only sit back and listen to NFL films or older fellow collectors tell the tales that have become lore.... so instead of hating, everyone, lets sit back and remember every moment we can so this way we may tell the tale one day of the GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED.

And everyone remember the Fins will be #1 next year.....:D

to pick in the draft.:(

NOW DISCUSS!

I agree with the bit about running up the score - no such thing! The object of the game on offense is to score - the object on D is to stop the O from doing so! Get over it people!

As for hating the Pats - they've cheated for years - the league said they cheated this year - the league had evidence - the league DESTROYED said evidence - WHY? Further if the edge was so minimal WHY in the world would they even bother doing it? Makes no sense at all - I think there was much more to the story but the league swept it under the carpet to keep the leagues rep clean.

Brady is the best 6th round draft pick of all time - no doubt about it! Moss is OVER-RATED! He has talent but he has proven he is not a team player for years - why is it different this year? Well this year he has been guilty of at least half a dozen OR more blatant push-offs which resulted in TDs - why the officials refuse to call it against him is very puzzeling. I think Welker is the real reason the Pats appear so much better this season.

4th and 1 going for it? up 40 points?...

4th and 3 the previous game with the backup QB...throwing a 21 yrd 1st down?

I hope somebody goes after bradys legs and takes him out for his career.

thanks

Patriots are the best team ever. If your team can't stop them, its not their fault. They are there to play a football game, and if you can't stop them, then don't complain.

By the way coltstopps, Brady has 38 touchdowns, and has 6 games left to break the record. If you do the math, he can break it in the next 3 games if he keeps throwing 5 TD passes a game.

Therefor shattering Peyton Mannings Record.

That 38 TD passes is more then 30 teams TD totals (Rushing and Passing) for the year. Oh yeah, there is only 32 teams, which makes only 1 team to have more then 38.

I disagree. The patriots are not the best team ever. To be the best means you have to win and win without cheating. The Patriots are cheaters. They have been convicted by the NFL. There is no way around them cheating. It doesn't matter how much or little they did it, they still cheated.

If you have to cheat, then you aren't the best, and not even near the best ever. Destroying the tapes and the fines were a slap on the wrist. They should have been banned from the post season for a year.

The running up the score thing though I agree is stupid. Running up the score ends in middle school sports. I would have loved to see them drop 80 on the Bills.

The thing is with the cheating, none of the players knew that they were cheating. They were doing what they were told to do.

So it's pretty hard to call the players cheaters when they didn't know what they did.

As for cheating this year, I promise you they got to 10-0 this year without cheating. After that came up, they stopped doing whatever everyone consider cheating.

They beat the Colts because of a ONE PEYTON MANNING fumbling the football. I don't call that cheating :)

Yea the PATS beat the COLTS.....

But I'm sure the MANNING lovers will say they cheated....

Just like the CHARGERS cheated when MANNING threw 6 INTS lol

ac-n-mike said:
Yea the PATS beat the COLTS.....

But I'm sure the MANNING lovers will say they cheated....

Just like the CHARGERS cheated when MANNING threw 6 INTS lol

lmao Shawne Merriman and his steroids is the reason why the Charges won.

to the idiot yankstixman

who sayS he hopes brady GETS HE LEG BROKE OR TAKEN MAYBE SOME SHOULD BREAK YOURS FOR MAKING SUCH AN IDOTIC STATEMENT ,
I WOULD NEVER WISH HARM ON ANY ONE KNOW MATTER WHAY THEY MAY DO ITS A SPORT NOTHING MORE
GUESS YOUR LIFE IS BAD WHEN YOU WISH BAD THINGS LIKE THAT ON PEOPLE

tguillotte said:
to the idiot yankstixman

who sayS he hopes brady GETS HE LEG BROKE OR TAKEN MAYBE SOME SHOULD BREAK YOURS FOR MAKING SUCH AN IDOTIC STATEMENT ,
I WOULD NEVER WISH HARM ON ANY ONE KNOW MATTER WHAY THEY MAY DO ITS A SPORT NOTHING MORE
GUESS YOUR LIFE IS BAD WHEN YOU WISH BAD THINGS LIKE THAT ON PEOPLE

Calm down man.

Ground Support said:
By the way coltstopps, Brady has 38 touchdowns, and has 6 games left to break the record. If you do the math, he can break it in the next 3 games if he keeps throwing 5 TD passes a game.

Therefor shattering Peyton Mannings Record.

IF he does it GREAT for him - no biggy; but you and the media need to get the facts straight.

THROUGH 10 games Brady has 38 TDs - in 2004 through 10 games Manning had 41 ... he is not on pace to beat the record.

Back