I'm Tired Of All The Patriots Hate!

If I did my math correctly he's averaging through 10 games 3.8 tds. 6 games left at 3.8 a game totals about 59 so he's more than on pace.

Lets get real here. People thought the Pats were going to run the Colts over. They didn't. They didn't even come close to. That was with all of the injuries including the #1 receiver out. But the discussion isn't about the colts. The discussion is about the pats being the best. Great teams don't need to cheat. A team lives and dies together. They used the cheating knowledge. I am sure that they saw the videos at some time. I am pretty sure that they also have done other things and have not been caught. However in the long run they will get what they deserve.

Ground Support said:
The thing is with the cheating, none of the players knew that they were cheating. They were doing what they were told to do.

So it's pretty hard to call the players cheaters when they didn't know what they did.

As for cheating this year, I promise you they got to 10-0 this year without cheating. After that came up, they stopped doing whatever everyone consider cheating.

They beat the Colts because of a ONE PEYTON MANNING fumbling the football. I don't call that cheating :)

i think when the coachs told the defence that the next play is going tobe play action,they kinda knew

Ground Support said:
This is where I prove you wrong. :)

Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts - Game Log - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

He had 31 through week 10. 35 through week 11.

Brady has 38 through week 11.

Thanks for Playing, Please Try again.

Thats where you set my misunderstaning based on another sites stats straight - doesnt prove me wrong when I had based my stats on someone elses. So yes Brady is 3 ahead of Manning - I stand corrected.

Now I can go give that other site a really hard time for making me look like an idiot over here - LOL!

?? Um where have you been.

Wasn't the whole cheating thing come from scouts video tapeing the opposing defenses calls and singles?

So if that was the case, your case on the coaches telling the defense the opposing offense's next play, is wrong.

So if they knew the defenses next play, all they did was tell Brady a play, and he did it. Did he know? Probably? Can he say he didn't and get away with it? Yes.

As far as Tom Brady Goes, he has 40 Touch Downs on the year. 38 passing 2 rushing. Name someone who accounts for 4 TD's per game for the first 10 games in NFL history.

You can't. He is the only one.

Ground Support said:
As far as Tom Brady Goes, he has 40 Touch Downs on the year. 38 passing 2 rushing.

If only half of Mosses push-offs had been called, as they should have been, he'd have at least 6 less TDs ... but hey whos counting? LOL!

Josh, what you fail to see is that is all they got caught doing. It is like a petty theif. If they are willing to steal a pack of gum, they are willing to steal a cd. If they steal a CD they are willing to steal a video game. If they are willing to steal that well you see the cycle. They are cheaters. Nothing but cheaters. They were caught red handed and it is well documented that they have cheated many other times. It has also been said that they were listening to calls coming in from the offensive side as well. Who knows what all they did or are still doing. Even if they go and win everything, they will always have an asterisk beside their name in the minds of true sports fans. No better then steriods, no better then bonds. Cheaters are all the same.

OK..... just came home from work... great discussion... yankstixman,tsk tsk.... i believe your pure Patriot hate left you blinded by the first statement I made, where name calling is inappropriate. therefore you get a frown:(

Coltstopps- every NFL WR pushes off at some level, but if a DB is in contact as well, it usually goes a no call..... to say Moss is over-rated and not a team player is wrong. Moss is a GREAT team player.... very focused on WINNING.... Lets be honest, he turned Culpepper into an All-Pro QB.... what happens when you put him in a bad situation, like oakland for example? He gets mad! Have you ever been assigned a school project or work assignment and flipped out because you were the only one doing anything right and eveyone around you is just falling over themselves stupid? If not, you either haven't been in that situation or you are not human. Give the man a break, he was thrown into a bad situation with no talent around him to give him hope. Unfortunately, the media liked his bad boy image and played it up. I believe we give too much power to the media, and have a hard time thinking for our ownselves as a society. But that's a whole other post for a whole other day!

Admin- yes the Patriots "cheated" but hasn't it all but been admitted that its common practice by all the teams in the NFL? Coaches have other team's signals, coaches have other teams playbooks, coaches can get access to every single game and practice a team plays. The patriots just believed they could do it (probably again) in the middle of an NFL game. They just kept pushing the envelope, that's all. I honestly would be more shocked if a coach never pointed a camera at an opposing teams bench. Sure its not good ethics for the sport, nor is it a good example for our children, but ask yourself what would you do for a million dollars? Thats what our sports heroes have to ask themselves every day of their lives, and frankly, thats A LOT of money to put up to chance. Some people can't handle chance and look for any advantage they can have to secure what they want.... whether it be money, recognition, victory, or cheerleaders.

The colts are innocent until proven guilty, but they won't be holding that Super Bowl Trophy high this year.

That right will go to the Patriots.

marinocollector said:
Coltstopps- every NFL WR pushes off at some level, but if a DB is in contact as well, it usually goes a no call..... to say Moss is over-rated and not a team player is wrong. Moss is a GREAT team player.... very focused on WINNING....

None of the plays I recall seeing were anything BUT offensive pass interference. Contact is made and Moss FULLY extends his arms creating space between himself and the incoming ball.

As for Moss clearly being a team player - LOL! He walked off the field in Minnesota on more than one occassion! They finally got tired of his selfish act and shipped him off to Oakland where he totally refused to play. Now hes getting TD after TD and he's a great team player? LOL! I have ZERO doubt that if the Pats were a 6-4 team and Moss had only 1 TD he would be stomping his feet and crying every game just like he has for years.

And NO all other teams have NOT admitted to cheating!

first off Joe, Wayne is the colts #1 receiver for the entire year even when Marvin was healthy.

2nd, stealing signals and calls is no different than in baseball stealing signs. The coaches give elaborate signs but its all for show, its really just 1 thing that means that the sign is on or what the sign is. Its pretty easy to figure out if you keep watching, so its no different than knowing a guy is stealing or knowing what pitch is coming because you can see the catcher's sign.

The pats cheated, big whoop. They have been blowing teams out by 30+ points for 10 games now. Don't try to tell me that those tapes that were confiscated account for 30 points over the other team. No team can score on them, and teams can't stop them. Brady can be under pressure, and throw it to Moss double teamed because he can pin point it and moss can catch anything, its that simple.

coltstopps said:
None of the plays I recall seeing were anything BUT offensive pass interference. Contact is made and Moss FULLY extends his arms creating space between himself and the incoming ball.

As for Moss clearly being a team player - LOL! He walked off the field in Minnesota on more than one occassion! They finally got tired of his selfish act and shipped him off to Oakland where he totally refused to play. Now hes getting TD after TD and he's a great team player? LOL! I have ZERO doubt that if the Pats were a 6-4 team and Moss had only 1 TD he would be stomping his feet and crying every game just like he has for years.

And NO all other teams have NOT admitted to cheating!

Yes, he walked off the field, b/c the orginization was failing. Culpepper was getting all the love and everyone was calling for Moss's head.... where are they now? Vikings fans are begging for Moss to come back b/c he is the best receiver in the NFL. While in Minnesota, while in Oakland, and now with the Patriots. Anyone who denies that, has never watched Moss get triple teamed while playing in Oakland. Everyone was claiming that NFL d-coordinators figured out Moss after his second year, when the facts are Moss never had QB willing to just let it rip like Randall did.... three DBs cannot hold this man down.

And you know what, 6-4 is not that good. And if I have a player passionate enough to be angry that I am not getting him the ball when we are losing then I am at fault as a coach, as a qb, for not getting him the ball so he can win a game for me. ESPECIALLY WHEN HE'S MY BEST PLAYER! And yes, sometimes there's a slight push off, sometimes a DB is in his shoulder pads and he raises his arms. Its a judgement call by the refs, unfortuantely, one gets to see only the 2 seconds of the 5 seconds of the play on television.

And to the final comment. Thank you for backing me up.... NFL teams have all BUT admitted they do the same thing. If you truly believe its not common practice, I understand, but I did not see any former NFL player turned commentators surprised at such an event taking place.

Back