Basketball Lebron is your NBA MVP

So you all tell me you would rather have LeBron on your team than Kobe???? Maybe the NBA should take a look at the traveling rule or the LeBron walk rule. The guy takes more steps than Courtney Love at a rehab clinic.

I will also say he is a very very good player, but the talent level in the NBA has dropped over the years from when Jordan and the other greats played. But really he is not the Most Valuable Player, he might be Most Dominating Player but not valuable.

arod812 said:
So you all tell me you would rather have LeBron on your team than Kobe???? Maybe the NBA should take a look at the traveling rule or the LeBron walk rule. The guy takes more steps than Courtney Love at a rehab clinic.

I'm not sure if you get what the yearly MVP award is all about. Basically the NBA names one player (sometimes 2) that is the most superior player in the league for that season and proves to be the most valuable to their team's success. This year Lebron James was the MVP. This award was not a "who would you rather have on your team" award. Lebron James is the MVP this season. End of story.

arod812 said:
I will also say he is a very very good player, but the talent level in the NBA has dropped over the years from when Jordan and the other greats played. But really he is not the Most Valuable Player, he might be Most Dominating Player but not valuable.

you JUST got through saying his MVP is a PUBLICITY STUNT for BUSINESS

so seems pretty valuable to me...IF it is in MONEY value.. he IS the MVP

It is not based on superiority thought if you knew what Valuable means. If it was based on superiority then Kobe would have won it the years Nash did. While LeBron means a lot to his team, I just believe there are other players out there that are just more valuable to his team than LeBron.

They gave Steve Nash the MVP when Kobe deserved it. Kobe was monster that season averaging like 35ppg with like 30+ games where he had 40pts+. But they gave it to Nash.

Last year they gave it to kobe, when CP3 has a phenom year. The MVP award is pretty bogus "IN MY OPINION".

Infact any award given by a vote is bogus unless you let the players themselves choose who gets it. Because they play with these guys every days.

Congrats to Lebron.

Why would the league want to make someone like Joe Johnson MVP??? Yes he is very valuable to his team but there is no reason because LeBron is a better name brand then Johnson would be. I think the Hawks have a very good shot at upsetting the Cavs.........

witness_wallpaper-lg.jpg

arod812 said:
It is not based on superiority thought if you knew what Valuable means. If it was based on superiority then Kobe would have won it the years Nash did. While LeBron means a lot to his team, I just believe there are other players out there that are just more valuable to his team than LeBron.

apparently YOU dont either

valuable - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

1 a: having monetary value
b: worth a good price
2 a: having desirable or esteemed characteristics or qualities
b: of great use or service

arod812 said:
Why would the league want to make someone like Joe Johnson MVP??? Yes he is very valuable to his team but there is no reason because LeBron is a better name brand then Johnson would be. I think the Hawks have a very good shot at upsetting the Cavs.........

FYI the LEAGUE doesnt pick MVP

it is voted on by a panel of 127 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada

It is all about advertising and name though. You need to understand this is not all about just the basketball, it is about business as well.

LeBron put those numbers up because there is nobody else competent to help him out. While he is a very very good player, there are better choices. Done posting here

Back