Basketball Lebron is your NBA MVP

ac-n-mike said:
so who SHOULD vote for it? FANS? like the joke of the ALL-STAR game?

it would end up being nothing more than a popularity contest and freaking Vince Carter would have won it in 2000 for what? Winning the DUNK contest? Which is a whole other arguement LOL

You telling that it isnt a popularity contest right now? Look at the league.

Fans shouldnt vote for it. If the All star game is a Joke because its voted upon, then why isnt an MVP a joke because its voted upon? Can anyone explain this to me?

If anything, I think coaches should be voting for MVP. Aside from players who else would know more about how players play.

LOL I am not syaing LEBRON is god, but without him the CAVS would NOT have the best record in the league and they would be STRUGGLING to make the playoffs... I put them a SMALL step above MIAMI if MIAMI didnt have WADE for the season...

also, it's an INDIVIDUAL award...so the best INDIVIDUAL talent shoudl get the award... heck if MY BOY never won the MVP but won 6 championships, I would be FINE with that...

THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR... nto alst year or any year before.. LEBRON deserved the MVP... heck I think KOBE deserved it a few years BEFORE last year...

I think NASH deserved it but NOT both years he wont it...

Coaches voting for it would be great I think... but I doubt that will ever happen... hmmmmmmmmm where is Stern when you need him

I mean come on.... when MJ was playing and winning 6 NBA Championships you could argue that he should have won it EVERY year, but that again would never happen.....

is the voting "fair" probably not... but it is what it is

ac-n-mike said:
I mean come on.... when MJ was playing and winning 6 NBA Championships you could argue that he should have won it EVERY year, but that again would never happen.....

is the voting "fair" probably not... but it is what it is

MJ this, MJ that. MJ won 6 MVPs, Kareem won more. Lets talk about him. This isnt about MJ, why would you bring him into this conversation. Obviously Nike did their job in the past 2 decades.

bjtheman1 said:
They should have Michael Jordan select the MVP of each season, it's the only true way! LOL

Lets have Michael Jordan also pick Lottery picks. Kwame Brown sure is a bread winner! I mean Jordan can never be wrong. The guy is a GOD too. Lets give him a free franchise as well!!

according to you having MJ pick the award would be just as fair as the sports writers.. who know NOTHING about the game pick it....

As far as NIKE doing their job.... what does that have to do with anything? My favorite 2 players ever were Hakeem (never wore NIKE) and (DR J) GOD of CONVERSE, so not sure where the marketing "got me"

I'm not a kid... Lebron is NOT god.. nor is KOBE, for that matter NO ONE in todays game is... or any game for that matter... you say that this is childish and that they have resorted to personal attacks but you are doing the same thing...

there is no reason to attack THIS site and it's members for merely having a discussion/argument about an "award" that means nothing more than the wood and metal it is made of

FOR THE RECORD: IF Kobe had won the MVP and we were saying he didn't deserve it you would be on the roof tops telling us how CRAZY we are and that we just hate Kobe because he is the BEST ever... blahb blah blah KOBE HATERS... blah blah blah he will go down as the greatest of all-time, and that he should run for President, and King of the World etc etc etc We have all heard the same tune over and over and over.. we find it ammusing that is why this is the only forum that HASN'T banned you .... HK.. BANNED...BECKETT...banned...you name it... BANNED

I would like to think that OPEN discussions are ok and that things can stay civil, but WOW... it always comes back to this...

ac-n-mike said:
according to you having MJ pick the award would be just as fair as the sports writers.. who know NOTHING about the game pick it....

As far as NIKE doing their job.... what does that have to do with anything? My favorite 2 players ever were Hakeem (never wore NIKE) and (DR J) GOD of CONVERSE, so not sure where the marketing "got me"

I'm not a kid... Lebron is NOT god.. nor is KOBE, for that matter NO ONE in todays game is... or any game for that matter... you say that this is childish and that they have resorted to personal attacks but you are doing the same thing...

there is no reason to attack THIS site and it's members for merely having a discussion/argument about an "award" that means nothing more than the wood and metal it is made of

Im the one that said Sports writers know nothing about the game. So MJ knows nothing about the game today. Why would you let MJ pick it? He would probably be forced to pick a NIKE player!!

I totally agree about the attacks. So in essence when you and everyone else attacked arod by calling him Stupid and steriod loving fan, that was healthy? But once I called those calling names at him a peon and obsessed MJ lover im wrong for it? Why the double standard mike? You and your friends are allowed to call people stupid? But no one else can especially if they are not fans of Lebron? Thats being hypocritical.

orangejello727 said:
Im the one that said Sports writers know nothing about the game. So MJ knows nothing about the game today. Why would you let MJ pick it? He would probably be forced to pick a NIKE player!!

I totally agree about the attacks. So in essence when you and everyone else attacked arod by calling him Stupid and steriod loving fan, that was healthy? But once I called those calling names at him a peon and obsessed MJ lover im wrong for it? Why the double standard mike? You and your friends are allowed to call people stupid? But no one else can especially if they are not fans of Lebron? Thats being hypocritical.

1st off show me where I .. ME.. called ANYONE stupid in this thread... PLEASE point that out

ac-n-mike said:
1st off show me where I .. ME.. called ANYONE stupid in this thread... PLEASE point that out

you gave a +1 to the following comments. Which means you support it. instead of taking the time to type it, you use the +1 to support it.

GotGibson? said:
arod812 = :hater:

LeBron "KING" James = NBA MVP!

Thanks hater.

Steve_O_21 said:
We're all definitely allowed to have opinions, but certain people just say stupid things, period.

ac-n-mike said:

Saying MJ should be telling us who MVP is "Stupid". What does MJ even have to do with MVP voting this year for anyone to bring him into this? This was about Lebron, Kobe and Wade. MVP status for 2009. MJ isnt even in the league.

LOL the 1st i did not... i dont agree with anything GOTGIBSON? says.. even if he said the sky was blue

2nd

"We're all definitely allowed to have opinions, but certain people just say stupid things, period"

people say stupid things? wow thats a BIT of a stretch but ok... lol

Hey man!! Im the 2nd person in the post saying Congrats to Lebron. Im no Lebron fan. Im a huge Kobe fan!! Ive already acknowledged that even if Coaches got to pick, Lebron would have won it this year hands down no matter who chose.

But I still think the award is Bogus.

Back