Basketball Lebron is your NBA MVP

MrT_Shut+Up+Fool+large.jpg

arod812 said:
It is all about advertising and name though. You need to understand this is not all about just the basketball, it is about business as well.

so you are saying that the MVP is all marketing B.S.?

ok lets go back 25 years of MVP winners

07-08 Kobe Bryant ---LOST IN NBA FINALS
06-07 Dirk Nowitzki---HOW did THIS selection make money for the NBA?
05-06 Steve Nash---HOW did THIS selection make money for the NBA?
04-05 Steve Nash---HOW did THIS selection make money for the NBA?
03-04 Kevin Garnett--had NO ONE on that team and KILLED in the regular season
02-03 Tim Duncan ---WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
01-02 Tim Duncan --EASILY deserved it this year!
00-01 Allen Iverson ---LOST IN NBA FINALS
99-00 Shaquille O'Neal ---WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
98-99 Karl Malone--NOT a fan so I don't care LOL
97-98 Michael Jordan ---WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
96-97 Karl Malone ---LOST IN NBA FINALS
95-96 Michael Jordan ---WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
94-95 David Robinson --I personally think Hakeem deserved it.. and he prove it int he playoffs ;)
93-94 Hakeem Olajuwon ---WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
92-93 Charles Barkley ---LOST IN NBA FINALS
91-92 Michael Jordan ---WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
90-91 Michael Jordan ---WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
89-90 Magic Johnson --LOST to portland in the West Finals
88-89 Magic Johnson ---LOST IN NBA FINALS
87-88 Michael Jordan --- Lost to the Pistons inthe East Finals
86-87 Magic Johnson ---WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
85-86 Larry Bird ---WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
84-85 Larry Bird ---LOST IN NBA FINALS
83-84 Larry Bird ---WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

ONLY 9 of these 25 failed to make it to the NBA Finals, I would say that those 9 still deserved the award....could you make arguments for others in those year? SURE, but no way a guy takes his team to the NBA Finals and or WINS it and doesnt deserve to be the MVP... NONE of these teams would have won those titles WITHOUT the MVP in the line up that year

arod812 said:
LeBron put those numbers up because there is nobody else competent to help him out. While he is a very very good player, there are better choices. Done posting here

so they haev the BEST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE!!! Because of LEBRON JAMES?

EXACTLY why he is the MVP! lol

Wow,plain & simple,wow.

To even think anyone other than Lebron was the MVP of the NBA this year is possibly the funniest thing I've seen posted since I've been a member here.

The kid put together a dominant season from the opening tip to the final tip and it was his award to lose by December

HiEnd said:
Wow,plain & simple,wow.

To even think anyone other than Lebron was the MVP of the NBA this year is possibly the funniest thing I've seen posted since I've been a member here.

The kid put together a dominant season from the opening tip to the final tip and it was his award to lose by December

ok my time to chime in on this debate as it is. i agree with lebron winning the mvp and i am not a lbj fan, i could agree with kobe being named mvp and i hate him with a passion. but to actually say that their were no other reasanable options to win mvp this year is absolutly absurd.

my top 3 choices for mvp this year read damn near like everyone elses list

1. lebron
ppg 28.4 rpg 7.6 apg 7.2 fg%0.489

2. wade

ppg 30.2 rpg 5.0 apg 7.5 fg% 0.491

3. kobe

ppg 26.8 rpg 5.2 apg 4.9 fg% 0.467

if you take lebron off cleveland they might make the playoffs as an 8th seed
if you take kobe off the lakers i dont personally think they would have made the playoffs this year with out kobe ( i cant beleave i just typed that) and if they did they would have been an 8th seed at best.

if you take wade off miami they would have been lucky to win 15 games this year.

now all this is subjective as it is personall opinion much like the mvp voting . my true rankings for mvp went like this

1. wade
2. lebron
3. kobe

but you could have changed any name on this list to #1 and i would not really disagree.

Got over 90% of the 1st place votes

93 blocks
Finished 2nd in DPOY
2nd player EVER to average 27/6/6 for 5 straight seasons(Big O is the other)
Shot 49% from the floor
& 66 wins not to shabby either

The award was his to lose from Christmas on

Top 5:

Lebron 1172 points(109 of 121 1st place votes)
Kobe 698 points(2 first place votes)
Wade 680 points(7 1st place votes)
Dwight Howard 328 points
Chris Paul 192 points

HiEnd said:
Top 5:

Lebron 1172 points(109 of 121 1st place votes)
Kobe 698 points(2 first place votes)
Wade 680 points(7 1st place votes)
Dwight Howard 328 points
Chris Paul 192 points

damn that is rough

arod812 said:
He does NOT deserve it period. He traveled more times per game than he scored points. Give it to a player who's team wouldn't have been even close to where they were/are if that player wasn't on that team like Billups, Wade, or Kobe
haha funny coming from an arod fan.
one lebron is the best player in the league right now
two the cavilers without lebron would not make the playoffs lebron makes that team look good without him mo williams isn't close to an all star
and im sick of that traveling crap every star gets away with that you just have to deal with it as long as the players aren't cheating like aroid then they can control if the referees are bias because they are superstars

now that i got that off my back great to see lebron win it he deserved it and him and his teammates have worked hard to get to where they are
2009 NBA CHAMPS!!!!!

ac-n-mike said:
FYI the LEAGUE doesnt pick MVP

it is voted on by a panel of 127 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada

Thats the problem. Its chosen by people who dont even play the game. How in the world would they know whos important and isnt. By stats? By what their mothers tell them? Its pretty bogus.

so who SHOULD vote for it? FANS? like the joke of the ALL-STAR game?

it would end up being nothing more than a popularity contest and freaking Vince Carter would have won it in 2000 for what? Winning the DUNK contest? Which is a whole other arguement LOL

This is pathetic. If anyone ever disagrees that Lebron is GOD on this site, everyone and their mothers jumps on you.

If anyone ever critisizes Lebron all the peons on this site will gang up on you and put you down and call you names. Then they say you are allowed to have an opinion but you are stupid.

Honestly, a lot of you need to grow up and leave your house for once and figure out this this world does NOT revolve around you and ONLY YOU.

If this poster wishes to think Lebron doesnt deserve the award, who are you to start name calling and putting him down calling his opinion stupid?

Its sad to see so many people hate on players and focus on players rather than the game of basketball. You guys dont care about basketball. All you care about is your favorite player winning this or that. You dont like watching basketball at all. You like watching dunks and guys getting techs.

The new generation of basketball fans have nothing in common with the game. Its about picking your favorite player and trying to root for him and defend him when he cant accomplish anything. Its about wearing his shoes and jerseys while lining the pockets of marketers.

You talk about a team sport and making people around you better, yet you cheer on a player that you agree does everything himself. Is it a team sport or an individual sport. You dont care so as long as "Your BOY" wins something.

Get real! this is exactly what happens when Nike buys your vote!

Back