Official 2009 NFL Combine Thread

Future Ram Aaron Curry had himself a day.

4.56 40-yard dash
37" Vertical Jump (Highest of all LBs)
10'4 Broad Jump (Longest of all LBs)

After checking in at 6'1, 254 lbs. Can't wait to see him in Blue & Gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Future Ram Aaron Curry had himself a day.

4.56 40-yard dash
37" Vertical Jump (Highest of all LBs)
10'4 Broad Jump (Longest of all LBs)

After checking in at 6'1, 254 lbs. Can't wait to see him in Blue & Gold.

Jinxed him now. Let me be the first to congratulate the Rams on picking Jason Smith. ;)

At the end position, Maybin and Barwin's #'s were impressive. Barwin's lack of position experience will probably hurt him a bit, but the fact that he appears to be able to fill in just about anywhere will off-set that.

Jinxed him now. Let me be the first to congratulate the Rams on picking Jason Smith. ;)

At the end position, Maybin and Barwin's #'s were impressive. Barwin's lack of position experience will probably hurt him a bit, but the fact that he appears to be able to fill in just about anywhere will off-set that.
Jason Smith is No. 2 on my board, so I'd be OK with that. Hell, I thought the Rams should have seriously looked at Clady last year (I had him ahead of Jake Long).

Maybin did pretty well for himself. With Brown checking in smaller than expected, Maybin may be the best 3-4 OLB prospect (Orakpo could do it, but he could also play 4-3 DE). I think Barwin could be a sleeper for the 2nd round. Clay Matthews also did pretty well for himself.

Jason Smith is No. 2 on my board, so I'd be OK with that. Hell, I thought the Rams should have seriously looked at Clady last year (I had him ahead of Jake Long).

Maybin did pretty well for himself. With Brown checking in smaller than expected, Maybin may be the best 3-4 OLB prospect (Orakpo could do it, but he could also play 4-3 DE). I think Barwin could be a sleeper for the 2nd round. Clay Matthews also did pretty well for himself.

*is tired of 3-4 converts* :LOL: If Mayock just didn't beat that to death at times in the coverage, I'd probably be more less annoyed with it. Even with the 49ers running a 3-4.

Matthews and the rest of the USC LB crew put up some real solid workouts today. Well, except for Maualuga and his hamstring, that had to hurt.

Are the Rams in the market for a RB from this draft? If I had to make a reasonable mid-round choice for the 49ers, it'd be Greene from Iowa. They need a power, 230 LBS RB with Gore checking in at around 215-220.

*is tired of 3-4 converts* :LOL: If Mayock just didn't beat that to death at times in the coverage, I'd probably be more less annoyed with it. Even with the 49ers running a 3-4.

Matthews and the rest of the USC LB crew put up some real solid workouts today. Well, except for Maualuga and his hamstring, that had to hurt.

Are the Rams in the market for a RB from this draft? If I had to make a reasonable mid-round choice for the 49ers, it'd be Greene from Iowa. They need a power, 230 LBS RB with Gore checking in at around 215-220.
Yeah, there are plenty of terms that are completely overused. I hate when people on forums say "Mike" "Will" "Sam" when referring to linebackers... like they know what the hell they're talking about. :doh:

They might look at a RB, but it wouldn't be until the later rounds. They have much bigger needs. Greene would be a solid mid-round pick. Right now, I have him in the third to KC, as they need someone to pair with Jamaal Charles (LJ is toast).

I can't believe how slow the DBs were today. There's usually quite a few guys who crack the 4.3 range, but not this year. Not even one guy. Malcolm Jenkins is now being looked at as a FS (even though I think he could still be a quality CB). Vonte Davis has probably leap-frogged him for the top CB spot, but no CB should go in the top 12.

Yeah, they were slower than normal. Clemmons helped himself and Hamlin ran about where he should (and faster than the smaller Emmanuel Cook). Both will definitley get drafted. I though DJ Moore would be faster, but some people are just ballplayer I guess

Back