Official 2009 NFL Combine Thread

Kevin Ellison.....what do you guys think.....he only did the 40 and Bench.....ran a 4.82.....slow for a safety.....32.......more then any LB and some top Lineman...now with that being said....you think he could be used as a LB in the NFL??? 4.82 is the same time as Laurinaitis.

Kevin Ellison.....what do you guys think.....he only did the 40 and Bench.....ran a 4.82.....slow for a safety.....32.......more then any LB and some top Lineman...now with that being said....you think he could be used as a LB in the NFL??? 4.82 is the same time as Laurinaitis.

I remember seeing him play this season early on I think. He could hit. His brother is a linebacker for the Bills, I think that is the natural progression for him. If I recall, he has a significant injury past (multiple leg issues I think), so whatever went on with the physicals this past week should either help or hurt him. But I wasn't there, so I don't know that part, lol. With that said, I am not sure where to project him for his draft status yet.

Haven't been able to keep up the last couple days. Love the possibility of Vontae as the #1 CB. Even if it is due to the rest of the class performing poorly.

Haven't been able to keep up the last couple days. Love the possibility of Vontae as the #1 CB. Even if it is due to the rest of the class performing poorly.

I hope he is as good at knocking down passes as his older brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing him play this season early on I think. He could hit. His brother is a linebacker for the Bills, I think that is the natural progression for him. If I recall, he has a significant injury past (multiple leg issues I think), so whatever went on with the physicals this past week should either help or hurt him. But I wasn't there, so I don't know that part, lol. With that said, I am not sure where to project him for his draft status yet.

hopefully he will have a good pro day and teams are smart enough to see him as a potential LB and not just a Safety.

Ellison reminds me of Darnell Bing. He's destined for LB, but Bing was a playmaker in the defensive backfield. However, Ellison seems like a better fit as a LB than Bing did.

I think a team could take a flier on him in the late rounds as a LB prospect.

Emmitt Smith ran a 4.70

I can not stand Smith as a player I think he was overrated and is the priduct of having played behind possibly the greatest Oline ever put together. For 3 season he averaged 3 yrds per carry before even being touched that O line was crazy. I have been to his card shop in Florida a few times though his family is very nice :)

Back