Football Panini holding back big money cards?

Ground Support said:
Its not only the Bradford..

Its the effing Derrick Rose Tag too..

Tom Brady auto..

I mean these are huge cards that they screwed people out of..

Everyone knows they have to hold back for comparable replacements/ This is not new gents. Every compnay does it and still do it. It is common place.

Lets take it up a notch. lets say you pulled a redemption of the Bradford 1/1. They say oh man out of stock but we have a Matt schaub and thats it.

What do you want them to do start giving unkonwn amounts of cash as a replacment

IMO, if you going to make a 1/1 a redemption, it better be a redemption because they don't want it to get damaged in packs..

Not because they don't know if its going to be produced.

Ground Support said:
IMO, if you going to make a 1/1 a redemption, it better be a redemption because they don't want it to get damaged in packs..

I am confused by this? Are you saying all 1/1 shields should be a redemption

The jist of the situation comes down to this....

Panini (Just like UD) has held back certain big money cards (if not all). There is no issue with that.

But it becomes an issue when you advertise the product to have these big money cards. Especially for case busters.

Where it matter.... really really really matters...

Would the same people who Pre Ordered, ordered and bought the wax still commit to their purchase if they were told that the sam bradford 1/1 along with god knows what other hits were not available in the wax to be found?

In my opinion, the level of sale of the product would drastically change. Enough so that it would probably kill the product. I mean who wants to crack dead wax? Thats the issue at hand.

Who cares that they hold back some cards. But when you hold back the single most desireable card to be found in the product, it would kill the sales on the product right from the get go!!

wheeler281 said:
Everyone knows they have to hold back for comparable replacements/ This is not new gents. Every compnay does it and still do it. It is common place.

Lets take it up a notch. lets say you pulled a redemption of the Bradford 1/1. They say oh man out of stock but we have a Matt schaub and thats it.

What do you want them to do start giving unkonwn amounts of cash as a replacment

First off a 1/1 should not be out of stock. If I pulled a bradford 1/1 redemption, I expect them to fill that order.

What if you pulled a 1/1 bradford redemption but when you went to redeem it, they told you we gifted it to a good customer so you are SOL and we cant do anything about it? Thats exactly what they did to case busters looking for the bradford essentially

no..

IMO all the major cards should be inserted in packs.

I'm just saying the only reason a huge card should have a redemption is for the safety of it.

Ground Support said:

I agree. If they are afraid product being ruined, Hold back all money cards and make them redemption. When they are found and claimed, you send them out. Simple as that. No problems arise with quality control on big money cards that way. Its a guarenteed 1/1 oppurtunity to be pulled in packs whereas holding back the bradford from the packs is a straight out guarenteed loser for all those that bust wax.

orangejello727 said:
I agree. If they are afraid product being ruined, Hold back all money cards and make them redemption. When they are found and claimed, you send them out. Simple as that. No problems arise with quality control on big money cards that way. Its a guarenteed 1/1 oppurtunity to be pulled in packs whereas holding back the bradford from the packs is a straight out guarenteed loser for all those that bust wax.

And when the redemption goes unclaimed, and expires, give the card out as a replacement.

Ground Support said:
And when the redemption goes unclaimed, and expires, give the card out as a replacement.

So as long as a wax buster has a chance to pull/redeem that card..its all good!!

Imagine going into your LCS and seeing a sign that says.. Bowman 2010 boxes $49.99. HOT!! **Please note there is absolute no chance of pulling any starsburg/heyward or Bryce Harper 1/1 or high end autos**. Would you buy the product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejello727
send another piece of mail. But this time fill the padded mailer with qtips after you poked them in your bum!! I did something like this to a person that tried to rip me off.

Ground Support said:

Oh Snap!! I remember that now!

I was reading another thread on some board about a guy that got a card in in a bubble mailer that wreaked of smoke. Almost as if the guy had put the cigarette butt in the mailer with the card. I dont know whats worse.. ciggy ash or qtips crusted with arse!! The days of me doing stupid things like that are over. I think im "normal" now lol. Ever since I got married!

orangejello727 said:
First off a 1/1 should not be out of stock. If I pulled a bradford 1/1 redemption, I expect them to fill that order.

What if you pulled a 1/1 bradford redemption but when you went to redeem it, they told you we gifted it to a good customer so you are SOL and we cant do anything about it? Thats exactly what they did to case busters looking for the bradford essentially

I had to wait 5 months for my UDA SPA NICKS nfl shied auto 1/1 from UD.

I also have a nfl limited shiled autp of emmanuel sanders not in stick with panini yet some of the plates and patches have the autos :-

Panini is a joke company with shady practices. Id totally boycott their product. Their blong basically confirms that they dont pack out the BIG money cards. They hold it back to be used as replacements. This basically means if you bought any Wax to bust hoping you could pull the Bradford 1/1, you bascially has 0% chance of getting it. Along with other non mentioned high end inserts from the product, because Panini held it back. Good luck cracky panini wax. Because honestly, there wont be huge big money cards pulled, as Panini has stated, they "Give it away as replacements to their high end customers"

Panini America Responds to 2010 Certified Football Replacement Situation « The Official Panini America Blog

Last week, some members of the trading card community vocally expressed their displeasure regarding a Sam Bradford Mirror Black 1/1 from 2010 Certified Football being used a customer service replacement.

Today, Panini America offers an official statement on the issue . . .

“To ensure quality product in the marketplace, it is Panini America‘s practice to pull product from the production run for quality control purposes. The cards from the product pulled for QC go to Customer Service to be used to correct any problems that may occur in an individual product. Extensive efforts are made to re-introduce rare cards to the pack-out before the cards are routed to Customer Service. However, under certain, unusual circumstances, this is not possible.”

Back