Football Pro Football HOF Thread

Nice Walker rookie Dave...There were several players who originally went to the USFL, that ended up HOF'ers. Jim Kelly and Reggie White to name a couple, but as you stated the life expectancy for a runnig back is way short. IMO, I think players numbers aquired playing PRO FOOTBALL should be taken into acct. After all it is not called the NFL HOF, it is called the Pro-Footbal HOF.

Little mail today just for you Dave :bag:

Emmitt15of25d.jpg

OilMan said:
Nice Walker rookie Dave...There were several players who originally went to the USFL, that ended up HOF'ers. Jim Kelly and Reggie White to name a couple, but as you stated the life expectancy for a runnig back is way short. IMO, I think players numbers aquired playing PRO FOOTBALL should be taken into acct. After all it is not called the NFL HOF, it is called the Pro-Footbal HOF.[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree. I think all the stars (as you pointed out) that came out of the USFL pretty much legitimize it as a "pro league".

Thanks sir...I think that CFL numbers should be included in a players consideration for the hall also...Legitimate league thats been around since 1958...Lot of greats have played in the CFL also...One that stands out in my mind is Joe Kapp!

OilMan said:
Thanks sir...I think that CFL numbers should be included in a players consideration for the hall also...Legitimate league thats been around since 1958...Lot of greats have played in the CFL also...One that stands out in my mind is Joe Kapp!

I think the issue w/ CFL players is that is an active league and they already have their own HOF. I think Kapp is hurt b/c he played the majority of his career in the CFL and only a few years in the NFL. He is in the CFL HOF.

Have not picked-up alot lately but here's my recent pc additions:

Probably the best 4-3 End in football:

scan0020-1.jpg

Dynamic RB who helped pave the way for players like Craig and Faulk:

scan0021-1.jpg

dfr52 said:
I think the issue w/ CFL players is that is an active league and they already have their own HOF. I think Kapp is hurt b/c he played the majority of his career in the CFL and only a few years in the NFL. He is in the CFL HOF.

So is Warren Moon...I think Moon is the first player to be elected to both HOFames..Anyways, i think there was some slight consideration given to what Moon did in the CFL, when he was elected to the PFHOF. If not, it sure got brought up quite a bit. When Warner goes in, his numbers with the Barnstormers should be added..hehe

Nice Moore..I dig those '56 Topps

OilMan said:
[/B]
So is Warren Moon...I think Moon is the first player to be elected to both HOFames..Anyways, i think there was some slight consideration given to what Moon did in the CFL, when he was elected to the PFHOF. If not, it sure got brought up quite a bit. When Warner goes in, his numbers with the Barnstormers should be added..hehe

Nice Moore..I dig those '56 Topps

I think Moon is a good example b/c he had success in both leagues and played in the NFL for a long time. IMO its the success he had in the NFL and the length on time he played there that allows his CFL numbers to enter the discussion. Had Moon had a shorter NFL career like Kapp I don't think he gets into the HOF.

If the Aerna League lacks a HOF I think the Pro Football HOF should recognize their players.

I take it you are counting on Allen to make it to the hof..If he continues his current pace I think that is a distinct possibility..I haven't much cared for that dude since two years ago when he put two QB's out for the season by diving in late on their knees.

Your all-time Pro Football passing leader is a guy from the CFL DAMON ALLEN and Moon being second with a combined CFL/NFL total...Favre is a close 3rd though and if he comes back and plays this season he could catch Moon's total for second.

Pisses me off, back in the day (80's) we used to CFL games on ESPN, when there was no NFL on..Used to love watching those (Flutie)

OilMan said:
I take it you are counting on Allen to make it to the hof..If he continues his current pace I think that is a distinct possibility..I haven't much cared for that dude since two years ago when he put two QB's out for the season by diving in late on their knees.

Your all-time Pro Football passing leader is a guy from the CFL DAMON ALLEN and Moon being second with a combined CFL/NFL total...Favre is a close 3rd though and if he comes back and plays this season he could catch Moon's total for second.

Pisses me off, back in the day (80's) we used to CFL games on ESPN, when there was no NFL on..Used to love watching those (Flutie)

At this point the HOF is possible but I wanted it for my 100 sack registry set. Allen has 74 sacks and really should get to 100 in a few years.

dfr52 said:
At this point the HOF is possible but I wanted it for my 100 sack registry set. Allen has 74 sacks and really should get to 100 in a few years.
Cool...you have a Fred Dryer yet?....he finished with 104 sacks

Dryer7of15.jpg

OilMan said:
Cool...you have a Fred Dryer yet?....he finished with 104 sacks

Dryer7of15.jpg

No, there is one on ebay as a buy-it-now but the price seems a little high.

I've never seen a CFL game, but I am curious. Isn't D.Allen's brother Marcus Allen?

Back