Football Pro Football HOF Thread

dfr52 said:
Chris Hanburger and Les Richter are the Senior selections for the HOF 2011:

Chris Hanburger, Les Richter named Hall of Fame senior nominees | ProFootballTalk.com
I am not just blowing smoke and being a homer, but Robert Brazile was better than both...take that for whay it's worth!..Brazile was the original Lawrence Taylor and sad that just because he played in Houston he does not get the accolades he deserves...Oh well , i saw it with my own two eyes and alot of folks didn't , just gives me the arse...niether one of those guys have the support of uncle cracker..:D

wju2004 said:
Well...at least Chris has an auto and it's rather cheap right now. Might have to pick one up just incase...Les has 0 certified autos, but I'm sure someone will throw out some cuts if he makes it since he just passed away this year.

IMO both get in so Hanburger's autos might heat up.

HaZeOfGrEEn said:
hamburger man has one auto, and its poopy :(
:bag:

hanburger.jpg

OilMan said:
I am not just blowing smoke and being a homer, but Robert Brazile was better than both...take that for whay it's worth!..Brazile was the original Lawrence Taylor and sad that just because he played in Houston he does not get the accolades he deserves...Oh well , i saw it with my own two eyes and alot of folks didn't , just gives me the arse...niether one of those guys have the support of uncle cracker..:D

I really don't think many would argue w/ you Ron. I think he McClain has something personal against Brazile that he won't support him.

dfr52 said:
I really don't think many would argue w/ you Ron. I think he McClain has something personal against Brazile that he won't support him.
It's not McLain that is the problem, it is him trying to convince the others on the committee, that for the most part never saw Brazile play, that he deserves to be in. McLain had to work his butt off to get Elvin Bethea in. Gathering film and making presentations and such.It was an arduous process for him and i know he is not looking forward to another battle like that. Hence the petition that was generated by a local sports radio station.

OilMan said:
It's not McLain that is the problem, it is him trying to convince the others on the committee, that for the most part never saw Brazile play, that he deserves to be in. McLain had to work his butt off to get Elvin Bethea in. Gathering film and making presentations and such.It was an arduous process for him and i know he is not looking forward to another battle like that. Hence the petition that was generated by a local sports radio station.

I saw a story some place where McClain has commented that Brazile is not a HOF'er.

I imagine the process is pain but at the same time an honor to do it.

dfr52 said:
I saw a story some place where McClain has commented that Brazile is not a HOF'er.
dfr52 said:
I imagine the process is pain but at the same time an honor to do it.
Hmm, thats the first i've heard of that and i listen to john mclain on the radio almost everyday.

Big Time Brazile » Corpus Christi Caller-Times

In summary: Brazile had a comparable career to HOFer Lee Roy Selmon of Tampa Bay – like Selmon, Brazile came into the league flying, and stayed there for almost his entire career. Like Selmon’s Bucs, Houston had sporadic success, and when Earl Campbell breezed into the Hall on his first try, the voters probably figured that the Oilers had their quota. When Houston DE Elvin Bethea finally got in back in 2003 after a 15-year wait, Brazile’s coffin was probably sealed. But Dr. Doom’s eight All-Pro seasons should be enough in and of itself – it’s as many as unquestioned HOFers Dan Marino and Dick Butkus, among others.

I have to agree with you guys...that's one heck of a horrible auto card...but gotta take what you can get unfortunately. And if they release another, can always upgrade later.

Meanwhile, a few more nice HOF autos that found their way in my door:

Of course the Reggie I've been awaiting:

ReggieWhite.jpg

Then a few other nice ones:

WillieBrownPA.jpg

SamHuff.jpg

ArtMonk.jpg

OilMan said:

Hmm, thats the first i've heard of that and i listen to john mclain on the radio almost everyday.

Big Time Brazile » Corpus Christi Caller-Times

In summary: Brazile had a comparable career to HOFer Lee Roy Selmon of Tampa Bay – like Selmon, Brazile came into the league flying, and stayed there for almost his entire career. Like Selmon’s Bucs, Houston had sporadic success, and when Earl Campbell breezed into the Hall on his first try, the voters probably figured that the Oilers had their quota. When Houston DE Elvin Bethea finally got in back in 2003 after a 15-year wait, Brazile’s coffin was probably sealed. But Dr. Doom’s eight All-Pro seasons should be enough in and of itself – it’s as many as unquestioned HOFers Dan Marino and Dick Butkus, among others.

I did a quick search but couldn't find the article. The part w/ McClain mentioned that the writer asked him about Brazile and his only response was no and he wouldn't discuss it. The writer felt that maybe MClain held some sort of grudge or he didn't like the way he suddenly retired in 1984.

He should have been inducted w/in his first few years of eligibility.

wju2004 said:
I have to agree with you guys...that's one heck of a horrible auto card...but gotta take what you can get unfortunately. And if they release another, can always upgrade later.

Meanwhile, a few more nice HOF autos that found their way in my door:

Of course the Reggie I've been awaiting:

ReggieWhite.jpg

Then a few other nice ones:

WillieBrownPA.jpg

SamHuff.jpg

ArtMonk.jpg

Those look great! Some really nice patches in there. What percent of HOF autos do you have?

dfr52 said:
Those look great! Some really nice patches in there. What percent of HOF autos do you have?

I have 117 of the 260 that are in the HOF right now. So, that would be 45%.

I do have two more I'm waiting on. One is Bob Griese, which should be here today or tomorrow most likely. The other is the Dick LeBeau. I don't mark anyone off until I have them in hand just because you never know about the USPS...or if you will actually receive a redemption card.

Back