Football Pro Football HOF Thread

dfr52 said:
Congrats Ron! I'm a big fan of the Topps HOF autos. They always look sharp. I wonder why no company includes him?
Thanks Dave..About 6 months agao , I e-mailed Panini with a list of names that some folks would like to see included in the Jersey/Auto craze..Culp and Bethea were two i mentioned along with Pastorini, Wehrli and Larry Wilson, just to name a few...The guy e-mailed me back, saying great suggestions and they would see what they could find and what not, but i'm sure they get that all the time lol

OilMan said:
Thanks Dave..About 6 months agao , I e-mailed Panini with a list of names that some folks would like to see included in the Jersey/Auto craze..Culp and Bethea were two i mentioned along with Pastorini, Wehrli and Larry Wilson, just to name a few...The guy e-mailed me back, saying great suggestions and they would see what they could find and what not, but i'm sure they get that all the time lol

Great idea Ron, you would think Panini would include those guys b/c they would be cheap signers.

OilMan said:
I remember Larry Wison from my youth...Lb for Lb one of the toughest players to ever play..HOF 1978

Didn't he get his teeth knocked out and kept playing? (Or something like that)

Chuck Cecil had a similar reckless style.

dfr52 said:
The Goal Line Art cards are always priced reasonably well.
yes they are...i guess no one wants to mess with the oversized cards too much...Thats about all you have in a Larry Wilson auto though..Thats a shame for a HOF'er. I think he does have a card in the 1997 Legends autos.

OilMan said:
yes they are...i guess no one wants to mess with the oversized cards too much...Thats about all you have in a Larry Wilson auto though..Thats a shame for a HOF'er. I think he does have a card in the 1997 Legends autos.

I think you are right. If I didn't collect HOF RC's I would possibly collect them.

Just sad that companies aren't including more HOF'ers. I hope your idea did not fall on deaf ears Ron.

Evening Dave. I would collect those also, if i could afford. Already too deep into other things. I really like the GL Art cards.

One of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play for Texas, Layne was selected to four straight All-Southwest Conference teams from 1944-1947. He was one of the first inductees into the Cotton Bowl Hall of Fame. In the 1946 Cotton Bowl Classic, where Texas beat Missouri 40-27, Layne accounted for every point, scoring four touchdowns, kicking four extra points and throwing for two other scores. In 1946, Layne finished 8th in Heisman Trophy balloting to Glenn Davis of Army and in 1947 he finished 6th to John Lujack of Notre Dame, and was voted the Outstanding Back in the 1948 Sugar Bowl victory over #6 Alabama. Layne finished his Texas career with a school record 3,145 passing yards on 210 completions and 400 attempts. Layne also had success in baseball as a pitcher for Texas as well. In his career as a pitcher he threw two no hitters.

Layne4of5.jpg

Back