Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Donovan McNabb

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Ben Roethlisberger

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Not on this list

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters
this is the dumbest conversation I've read in a while. you could make a case for either Peyton or Brady. I go with Manning b/c he means more to that team. He's essentially a coach on the field and is responsible for a lot of what Indy does.

But people saying Flacco, and Rivers and others... c'mon. Everyone is just making BS arguments for their guy. Personally I hope it's Cutler, but you don't see me making that argument

And as for the WRs... good recievers are made better by a good QB, and vice versa. Bringing the WRs into it is a dumb argument. Manning had good WRs, Brady's passing stats went way up when they brought in good WRs (moss and welker). Everyone looks better when an offense gels.

tndcollectables said:
mcnabb had owens, westbrook, desean jackson, lj dmith, freeman, staley they both have had there far share of talent its just macnabb has just never performed under pressure
owens was there for what? half a season? staley had injury problems. far as i know desean jackson isnt a star yet. lj is a middle-of-the-pack player. mcnabb has done as much as he could with the players around him

RomoCollector said:
Its funny, cause almost everyone here didnt vote for the best qb in the nfl. They voted for the player they collect/like. LOL

ha not true i just voted for mcnabb so he would have a vote :eek:

marinocollector said:
Go back and look at his stats in the playoffs.... he performs worse underpressure than McNabb did.... Peyton is horrid in must win games....

He didn't perform great in every playoff game but who did.......Sun Jan 4, 2004 22/26 377yrds 5tds 0ints 158.3 rating wild card vs broncos. Show me better from any of your scrub players you compared him to in a must win game.....or even Chokarino

Not only is he the greatest now and arguably ever, but he is better then your boy Marino aka Chokarino......the true playoff choke artist.

On a side note all his Offensive weapons would be blah without him..........

Playoff records
Most 300+ yard passing games: 6 (tied with Joe Montana)[169]
Most 400+ yard passing games: 2 (tied with Dan Marino)[170]
Most yards passing, 1st half of game: 360 vs. Denver Broncos, 1/9/05[171]
Led the biggest comeback in conference championship game history (18 pts), 1/21/07 vs. New England[172]
One of only four QB's to post a perfect 158.3 rating in a game (Don Meredith, Terry Bradshaw, Dave Krieg)[173]
One of only three QB's to complete 30 or more passes in 2 playoff games (Warren Moon, Tom Brady)
Most consecutive games with 20+ completions: 7 (tied w/Tom Brady)

Funny thing, no one has brought up probably one of the most overlooked and important points to a QBs success....

The Offensive Line!

I do believe Brady is a very good QB, but he also has had one of the very best Offensive Lines in the business for several years, hence giving Cassel the success he has had. I think you could have put about half of the QBs in the league and had similar success as Cassel.

I don't think it is just a "system" in NE, but a great O-line.

Being a Bears fan, I would love to see them get an O-line as good as NE's.

I also agree with the factor of the QB's making WR better and vice versa, but truly you can't get a darn thing done if you are not being protected!

For myself, if I had my own franchise, I would be very happy with Brees, Peyton or Brady. I would just be sure I gave them some protection.

He didn't perform great in every playoff game but who did.......Sun Jan 4, 2004 22/26 377yrds 5tds 0ints 158.3 rating wild card vs broncos. Show me better from any of your scrub players you compared him to in a must win game.....or even Chokarino

And where exactly was Denver's defense ranked that year? Just curious... I cant recall the last time the Bronco's had decent corners

Not only is he the greatest now and arguably ever, but he is better then your boy Marino aka Chokarino......the true playoff choke artist.

Marino led teams to the playoffs that had no business being there.

Look at Jim Sorgi running your offense.... no drop off... heck, even Kurt Warner has a Super Bowl ring and 2 more appearances running offenses with a good receiving/running back and 2 HOF WRs... Heck... Kurt Warner went to a Super Bowl with Edgerrin James in the backfield... something Peyton could never manage

Playoff records
What about his playoff win and loss record? The only one that truly matters?
Led the biggest comeback in conference championship game history (18 pts), 1/21/07 vs. New England[172]
Only won this game b/c the Patriots placekicker kicked the ball wide to lose the game... A kick that was set up by a Manning INT the drive before

One of only four QB's to post a perfect 158.3 rating in a game (Don Meredith, Terry Bradshaw, Dave Krieg)[173]
One game.... what about his entire rating in the Playoffs?

One of only three QB's to complete 30 or more passes in 2 playoff games (Warren Moon, Tom Brady)
And how many of those completions where to the other team?

Most consecutive games with 20+ completions: 7 (tied w/Tom Brady)[/QUOTE]

Fact of the matter.... Peyton Manning is over glorified... and if it wasnt for sheer luck, he would never have won a Super Bowl... Bob Sanders and Joseph Addai running hard are the only reasons Manning has a ring.

marinocollector said:

And where exactly was Denver's defense ranked that year? Just curious... I cant recall the last time the Bronco's had decent corners

Marino led teams to the playoffs that had no business being there.

Look at Jim Sorgi running your offense.... no drop off... heck, even Kurt Warner has a Super Bowl ring and 2 more appearances running offenses with a good receiving/running back and 2 HOF WRs... Heck... Kurt Warner went to a Super Bowl with Edgerrin James in the backfield... something Peyton could never manage

Playoff records
What about his playoff win and loss record? The only one that truly matters?
Only won this game b/c the Patriots placekicker kicked the ball wide to lose the game... A kick that was set up by a Manning INT the drive before

One game.... what about his entire rating in the Playoffs?

And how many of those completions where to the other team?

Most consecutive games with 20+ completions: 7 (tied w/Tom Brady)

Fact of the matter.... Peyton Manning is over glorified... and if it wasnt for sheer luck, he would never have won a Super Bowl... Bob Sanders and Joseph Addai running hard are the only reasons Manning has a ring.[/QUOTE]

Your opinions are not facts please don't confuse. If you are trying to say all the colts losses in the playoffs are Mannings fault then you really don't understand the game.

Fact: Peyton Manning had a perfect game in the playoffs.
Fact: Peyton Manning was MVP of a SuperBowl (all that matters)
Fact: Peyton Manning has (3) MVP titles
Fact: Peyton Manning has the 2nd best all time QB rating of All-time
Fact: Peyton Manning is not perfect in every game.....
Fact: Manning has never missed a regular-season start in 10 NFL seasons.
Fact: ESPN's Mike Sando Ranks Peyton Manning #1 as well.

Opinion: You have failed to present any viable facts that would establish any other quarterback a better choice then Peyton Manning for 2009.
Fact: Your arguments/opinions contradict themselves.
Fact: You are a Peyton Manning :hater: BoWDoWn :bling:
(Source Wikipedia)

Bottom line is football is a team sport no matter how good one player is. It takes a team effort to win it all. As far as individual achievements go Peyton Manning has a plethora.

Based on the facts provided above my opinion remains that Peyton Manning is the best leader (right now) on the field. I would choose him as the #1 QB for the 2009 season over any other QB in the game.

Your opinions are not facts please don't confuse. If you are trying to say all the colts losses in the playoffs are Mannings fault then you really don't understand the game.

I am saying Peyton's poor playoff perfomance and tendencies of throwing interceptions come playoff time, are a major reason why the Colts lose in the playoffs.... I am sure Mike Sando would agree that turnovers cause loses... and if my memory serves me correctly, Peytons td-INT ration is 16-23

Yay
Should have been Addai
Regular season, which I concur is the only time Peyton is reliable
Offense with 4 options to throw is the cause of this... because it is a team sport.
......especially in the Playoffs
I think for myself, not what the tiny people in the box tell me.

Opinion: You have failed to present any viable facts that would establish any other quarterback a better choice then Peyton Manning for 2009.
I stated why earlier, but I will go into it again.... Peyton is learning from a new Offensive Coordinator, a new coach, loses one of his prime receivers... is getting older... and as displayed once again last year, is unable to win in the playoffs

That is an opinion
(Source Wikipedia)

I dont hate Peyton Manning.... I am just wondering why someone who guides his team to the best regualr season record 5-6 years in a row, only wins one super bowl.... funny thing is the year he wins a super bowl.... he wasnt even the division winner... funny thing the year he wins a super bowl... HE almost lost the AFC conference game....

Bottom line is football is a team sport no matter how good one player is. It takes a team effort to win it all. As far as individual achievements go Peyton Manning has a plethora.

I agree football is a team sport.... and I think Peyton Manning has a lot of individual achievements.... but I also believe tha come playoff time he hinders his team ability to win.... Maybe its because Archie could never teach his sons what Playoff football is like... I dont know....

Based on the facts provided above my opinion remains that Peyton Manning is the best leader (right now) on the field. I would choose him as the #1 QB for the 2009 season over any other QB in the game.
As I stated earlier, I believe Matt Ryan is a solid choice as the poise and confidence he displayed to guide his team into the playoffs in a very intense division. I know quarterbacks.... everyone thought I was crazy on this site when I was calling Eli Manning the reason why the Giants will win a Super Bowl the year before... Matt Ryan was superb in the role he played, even guiding his team to some great comebacks, including a miracle. With a year of knowing the system and NFL defenses, he is going to put up numbers and dominate te NFC South in a manner that will be jaw dropping.... which is the reason why I think he will be the number one qb in 2009.

This pretty much says it best.

Its like Lebron VS. Kobe in the NBA. Kobe has the postseason hardware, and Lebron lays more eggs then anyone else. Well though his team is garbage around him.

Tom Brady has all the Postseason awards, done it without the ProBOWL WR's. While Peyton has 1 ring, and 1 superbowl MVP, he has choked time and time and time and time again. With the Talent he has had on offense, he should be the one with 3 superbowl rings. Not just one.

And look who OWNS who in head to head matchups. Pretty much when they play each other its a huge game. Its a Rivalry game. Who would you take?

Id take TOM BRADY ALL DAMN DAY!

Head to Head stats.
Here’s how they compare in their regular season and postseason head-to-head contests.

Tom Brady–205/314, 65.3-percent completion, 2,275 yards, 17 touchdowns, 11 interceptions.

Peyton Manning–228/381, 59.8-percent completion, 2,761 yards, 16 touchdowns, 23 interceptions.

------------------------------- From an article a Read.

Therefore by the slimmest of margins I believe that Tom Brady is the best quarterback of this decade. That said there is one more season in the decade. Can Peyton Manning catch Tom Brady this season to win that honor?

I believe he can. Peyton Manning doesn't need to do anything more in the regular season. He has the advantage in regular season statistics and awards. Even if Brady came back from the knee surgery and threw 60 touchdown passes and 5,500 yards the advantage would probably still be with Manning in those departments.

What Manning needs to do is lead his team to the playoffs. He then needs to not only guide his team to the Super Bowl, but also play well in doing it. He needs to have more touchdowns than interceptions in the postseason. He needs to raise his level of play. If he were able to lead his team to the Super Bowl and put on a top ten all-time level performance on the biggest stage it would even their Super Bowl MVP count at two for the decade. It would also give him a historic performance in that game. He would also only trail Brady by one ring.

Given Manning's big advantage in regular season statistics and awards and a narrowed gap in postseason success it would be pretty hard at that point not to give the honor of the decade's best quarterback to Peyton Manning.

However, if Manning has his typical 4,000 yard passing season with 25 to 30 touchdowns, but lays another egg in the Colt's first playoff game it seems hard to believe that he could be considered the best quarterback of the decade, especially if Tom Brady goes on another postseason run coming off serious knee surgery.

marinocollector said:

I am saying Peyton's poor playoff perfomance and tendencies of throwing interceptions come playoff time, are a major reason why the Colts lose in the playoffs.... I am sure Mike Sando would agree that turnovers cause loses... and if my memory serves me correctly, Peytons td-INT ration is 16-23 Your memory is ill informed 22-17

Yay
Should have been Addai No TD's and didn't rush for over 100 yrds is never gonna get a MVP
Regular season, which I concur is the only time Peyton is reliableI would use the word stellar
Offense with 4 options to throw is the cause of this... because it is a team sport. Every team has 8-12 options, its called substitution, playing calling and utilizing your resources. Manning's options are marginal at best
......especially in the Playoffs 1 of 3 QB's who achieved perfection in the playoffs
I think for myself, not what the tiny people in the box tell me. My post came out before his article, he just validated my opinion, any reliable sources validate your opinion for Matt Ryan?

I stated why earlier, but I will go into it again.... Peyton is learning from a new Offensive Coordinator, a new coach, loses one of his prime receivers... is getting older... Peyton has had a knee injury his entire NFL career, he just had that fixed, he may come out more mobile and will be 100% healthy for this time is his NFL Career and as displayed once again last year, is unable to win in the playoffs Peyton was 25/42 for 310, 1 TD, 0 INT, Rivers was 20/36 for 217, 0 TD, 1 INT. (Another case of Peyton outperforming his counterpart and loosing, they lost because of a lack of running game, run defense and to many penalties, not Peyton Manning), If you took the time to look at his other playoff losses you would see a similar scenerio 7 of there 8 losses they had sub 100 yrds rushing and 8 of their 8 losses the opposition's RB outperformed their RB)

That is an opinion You talk about INT's in the playoff yet your choice has never won a playoff game and has worse percentage then manning. You talk about playoff win record as all that matters. Your choice has 0% playoff win record.

(Source Wikipedia)

I dont hate Peyton Manning.... I am just wondering why someone who guides his team to the best regualr season record 5-6 years in a row, only wins one super bowl.... funny thing is the year he wins a super bowl.... he wasnt even the division winner... funny thing the year he wins a super bowl... HE almost lost the AFC conference game.... Manning has outplayed his counterparts in most playoff games, if you truly want to see why they lost take a look at the box scores. Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning not superman

I agree football is a team sport.... and I think Peyton Manning has a lot of individual achievements.... but I also believe tha come playoff time he hinders his team ability to win I disagree Peyton constantly outperforms his counterparts.... Maybe its because Archie could never teach his sons what Playoff football is like Nice cheap shot :hater: ... I dont know....That's Obvious

As I stated earlier, I believe Matt Ryan is a solid choice as the poise and confidence he displayed to guide his team into the playoffs in a very intense division. I know quarterbacks.... everyone thought I was crazy on this site when I was calling Eli Manning the reason why the Giants will win a Super Bowl the year before... Matt Ryan was superb in the role he played, even guiding his team to some great comebacks, including a miracle. With a year of knowing the system and NFL defenses, he is going to put up numbers and dominate te NFC South in a manner that will be jaw dropping.... which is the reason why I think he will be the number one qb in 2009.

Matt Ryan lacks experience,
FACT:Matt Ryan throws to many INT's 16/11 in regular season, 2/2 playoffs.
Putting a team behind a 2nd year unproven talent ahead of a seasoned veteran is to risky. In another 2-3 years he may be candidate, however he still has a lot prove. He may become the best however as of right now based off his last performance he is not the best.
26/40 199 yrds 2 TD 2 INT 72.8 rating

Ohhh yeah
marinocollector said:
Oh.... and by the way.... Peyton Manning is 3-8 (Funny thing is his QB rating was 138, 147, 158 in those wins) come on really who does that......if it takes performances like that to ensure a playoff win, then the team doesn't deserve to win.....in the playoffs when you take away his super bowl year.... Im not giving that to him because he only had a qb rating of 82 and did everything he could o lose those games..... heres a link also for your viewing pleasure....
LoL now you are a commissioner taking away his wins good job :hater: You should go to his house and explain your views and ask him to donate the SB ring to charity see if he agrees

Back