Basketball Dirk to be named MVP...

Not a good leader!! Who made it to the NBA Finals last yr Dirk or Nash?? Golden State really outplayed Dallas yes, But u cant forget the mid-season trades that Golden State made that pushed them to win pretty much the second half of the season. Let him have his MVP for the season which he deserves. Doesnt matter anyways it looks like Detroit is gonna win it all!!!

Tarheels(2005) said:
Not a good leader!! Who made it to the NBA Finals last yr Dirk or Nash?? Golden State really outplayed Dallas yes, But u cant forget the mid-season trades that Golden State made that pushed them to win pretty much the second half of the season. Let him have his MVP for the season which he deserves. Doesnt matter anyways it looks like Detroit is gonna win it all!!!

the Winner of the Finals will be Winner of Spurs/Suns, Anyways Detroits Gonna get Beat By Cleveland:D

im settlin all of this, i live in Wisconsin, not anywhere near dallas or pheonix. I BELIEVE THAT NASH SHOULD HAVE WON DA MVP TITLE. LOOK AT WHEN THEY WERE UP 5 ON DA SPURS GAME 1. NASH GOT HURT WITH 45 SECONDS 2 GO AND THEY ENDED UP LOSING BY 5.

5foot1Howard12 said:
im settlin all of this, i live in Wisconsin, not anywhere near dallas or pheonix. I BELIEVE THAT NASH SHOULD HAVE WON DA MVP TITLE. LOOK AT WHEN THEY WERE UP 5 ON DA SPURS GAME 1. NASH GOT HURT WITH 45 SECONDS 2 GO AND THEY ENDED UP LOSING BY 5.
But thats not the regular season now is it?

There is NO WAY the Suns or Spurs are gonna win it all!! Whoever wins the west is going to have to deal with most likely deal with Cleveland or Detroit. Unless Jersey comes back which I hope they do, Detroit or Cleveland would be way too much for the Suns and Spurs to handle

Tarheels(2005) said:
There is NO WAY the Suns or Spurs are gonna win it all!! Whoever wins the west is going to have to deal with most likely deal with Cleveland or Detroit. Unless Jersey comes back which I hope they do, Detroit or Cleveland would be way too much for the Suns and Spurs to handle

I am quoting this so you can't change it when the winner of the spurs or suns kills the pistons in the Finals.

JR Balla - He doesn't NEED another, but he definatly DESERVES it.

Hornsfan - you amaze me just as much as Nashfan. You are both homers. You pick a team/player, and they are immediately one of the best. Sorry, but Dirk choked, this year and last year. I think the award should be based on playoffs as well as regular season. You aren't the most valuable if you can't perform when you are needed most. Plus, take Dirk away from the Mavs, as he choked, they lost. Take Nash from the Suns, they lose. Take Kobe from the Lakers, they are one of the worse teams. Take LeBron from Cavs, they lose. The list can go on and on.
They both deserved it, and I guess made their players better in a different way. Nash = by making the amazing passes needed, and teaching his players over the years to make the extra pass to have them score. Dirk, by taking double teams, and getting them open shots. Neither play top defense. I just believe Nash deserves it more, because of the playoffs. But, unfortunately, playoffs don't count.

Dirk will win it, it's been said before. But, it means nothing since they didn't even make it out of the first round, and had one of the more disappointing performances of the year.

roy williams-nice way to put it

tarheelsfan-there in NO WAY that any team out of the east will win the championship! i would take GS over any team in the east!! but the suns will win it all.

PeteRose14 said:
The ONLY rational point has already been made.....more than once. Anything else is a moot point.

"ok..this is a regular season award..and in the regular season the MVP goes to the best player on the best team, becasue without their best player they aren't the best team any more..dirk was the MVP of the regular season."

that point has no stability. did nash have the best record the past 2 seasons when he won mvp? NO.

Back