Basketball Dirk to be named MVP...

I think that if they arent going to count the MVP with the playoffs included, then why not announce the award 1 or 2 days after the season? Because of the controversy it causes if one doesnt perform, its idiotic, and although its not supposed to count in their judging, it probably is a factor.

Bottom line is that Dirk won it (I personally cannot stand Dirk).

I just love how player fans get all bent out of shape when their guy doesn't win every award, every year. lol

You want to make a strong case for someone who I think should have one it?....take a look at Deron Williams.

He stats compare VERY nicely to Nash's stats. AND...lets not forget that overall Nash has a superior crew around him. Nash should be good...he has Amare, Marion, Raja Bell, Diaw, Barbosa....with that supporting cast they make him look better. And that's a fact.

Deron has who? Okur and Boozer. You can't even count Kirilenko this past season. He missed a ton of games and had a total of 3...count them..3 double doubles. Nothing like the player he was before Deron showed up.

Deron this past season:

1297 pts (16.2 ppg)

Nash:

1412 pts (18.6 ppg)

Deron:

745 Asst

Nash:

884 Asst

Deron:

78 steals

Nash:

57 steals

Deron:

267 rebounds

Nash:

269 rebounds

Deron:

45.6 FG%

Nash:

53.2 FG%

Like I said, Deron matched up pretty decently with Nash...as far as stats are concerned.

But the bigger picture here is that:

1) Deron is a rookie.

2) Deron has far less of a supporting cast than Nash has to work with.

3) Who got futher in the playoffs? That's right..Deron the Jazz.

And no, I am not a Deron fan either...and do not collect his cards. I am simply pointing out that screaming for Nash to be MVP every year is pretty much ridiculous. There are other guards out there that do as much for their team....IF NOT MORE...than he does for the suns. With their linup and supposed powerhouse scorers it's odd how the Suns are the NBA champs every year...they must not be a great as advertised.

My .02

PeteRose14 said:

I just love how player fans get all bent out of shape when their guy doesn't win every award, every year. lol

You want to make a strong case for someone who I think should have one it?....take a look at Deron Williams.

He stats compare VERY nicely to Nash's stats. AND...lets not forget that overall Nash has a superior crew around him. Nash should be good...he has Amare, Marion, Raja Bell, Diaw, Barbosa....with that supporting cast they make him look better. And that's a fact.

Deron has who? Okur and Boozer. You can't even count Kirilenko this past season. He missed a ton of games and had a total of 3...count them..3 double doubles. Nothing like the player he was before Deron showed up.

Deron this past season:

1297 pts (16.2 ppg)

Nash:

1412 pts (18.6 ppg)

Deron:

745 Asst

Nash:

884 Asst

Deron:

78 steals

Nash:

57 steals

Deron:

267 rebounds

Nash:

269 rebounds

Deron:

45.6 FG%

Nash:

53.2 FG%

Like I said, Deron matched up pretty decently with Nash...as far as stats are concerned.

1) Deron is a rookie.

And no, I am not a Deron fan either...and do not collect his cards. I am simply pointing out that screaming for Nash to be MVP every year is pretty much ridiculous. There are other guards out there that do as much for their team....IF NOT MORE...than he does for the suns. With their linup and supposed powerhouse scorers it's odd how the Suns are the NBA champs every year...they must not be a great as advertised.

My .02
Hey the Suns are just as far as the Jazz.

PeteRose14 said:

Deron this past season:

1297 pts (16.2 ppg)

Nash:

1412 pts (18.6 ppg)

Deron:

745 Asst

Nash:

884 Asst

Deron:

78 steals

Nash:

57 steals

Deron:

267 rebounds

Nash:

269 rebounds

Deron:

45.6 FG%

Nash:

53.2 FG%

1) Deron is a rookie.

My .02

Good point, but did you miss the fact nashfan pointed out? the suns are 4-11 without nash, seems to me like he plays a HUGE role on that team. You can't tell me that the suns look just as good when nash takes his breaks every half. They play pretty sloppy and fight to hold the other team off. Just watch the suns when nash isn't on the court and you will see the difference in how they play.

guys in the regular season there were plenty of threads on the mavericks and stuff and whether they would get 70 wins..and back then almost all of you were praising dirk..now he has a bad series and he is trash. Sorry, but dirk had to better regular season than nash..so dirk deserved to win it. I was really dissapointed in dirks preformance in the first round, and i think everyone was..they were really outmatched. But, im sorry, i don't think there was one team in the NBA that could of beaten the warriors in the first round..they were and still are playing loose, hitting just about every shot they tkae..and if they could shoot free throws they'd be up 3-0 in the series on utah right now..Dirk was just overmatched..as was the entire team..Once nash is knocked out of the playoffs by the spurs i want to see what everyone says about him then

True Horn. As much as I can't stand Dirk....never could....he deserved to be MVP over Nash. There's no doubt about that.

But like I said..if it were me..I'd even pick Deron Williams over Nash this season.....if I went by postion (PG).

Nash deserved it the 1st year. Was "given" it the 2nd time...but it no way deserved it this season.

Dirk got it, it's over.

It doesn't really matter who deserved it, Dirk got it.

I still believe it should be throughout the playoffs. Most Valuable Player should be the Most Valuable Player when the team needs them most, and we all know he didn't show up when the team needed him most.

Back