Football Pro Football HOF Thread

"The Forearm"...one of the top three power backs, if not #1

csonka5of39.jpg

wju2004 said:
Nice! Going after the set?

I'm half tempted to go after the 99 UD Retro set now since I've knocked off the hard one lol
i wouldn't mind going for the set, but there are some players in it that i don't really care to collect, like bill bates and chris collinsworth...i don't know why they have to put players like that in the same sets as old-time hof'ers :mad:

More great stuff Ron!

The patches in both of those are awesome. I didn't see Csonka play but the guy was a bruiser. Matson was a pretty dynamic player but also pretty big for a speed back at 6'2" 220lbs.

dfr52 said:
More great stuff Ron!

The patches in both of those are awesome. I didn't see Csonka play but the guy was a bruiser. Matson was a pretty dynamic player but also pretty big for a speed back at 6'2" 220lbs.
Thanks Dave...Matson was a bit before my time :eek: ..but from everything ive seen and read , he was a special athlete with a freakish speed/size combination...well, it got him to the HOF....I can still picture Csonka knocking people out of the way with his forearm..As a kid , i remember him getting a personal foul on a run for forearming a guy in the head..don't see that too often.

OilMan said:
Thanks Dave...Matson was a bit before my time :eek: ..but from everything ive seen and read , he was a special athlete with a freakish speed/size combination...well, it got him to the HOF....I can still picture Csonka knocking people out of the way with his forearm..As a kid , i remember him getting a personal foul on a run for forearming a guy in the head..don't see that too often.

They refer to that play on the top ten power backs. Now that's tough.:badass:

Back