Football Pro Football HOF Thread

i am happy for floyd little....great player that stayed with bad teams, when he had plenty of opportunities leave, he stuck with broncos

I went to my first Induction Ceremony yesterday and it was a great experience. The fans were very supportive of all the past inductees and the current class. Staubach was a big hit and he might have received the loudest applause besides Rice and Smith. Those two were easily the most popular players with Cowboys and 49'ers apparel all over the place. Smith received the loudest and longest ovation (he still seems to have a large following). I do wish that Smith would have suggested Moose for the HOF though.

I felt bad for Jackson b/c I didn't I see many fans wearing his jersey or other Saints gear. He flew under the radar when he played and during his induction.

Novacek was also in the audience but Smith failed to recognize him during his speech ( I have no clue why).

tolrobb3 said:
Moose doesn't deserve to be in the Hall. When is gonna be Jerry Kramer's time?

Kramer should have been inducted years ago and its a shame he's passed over every year. I'd like to see him get inducted before he passes away or gets too old to enjoy the honor.

How is Moose not a HOF'er? He was the league's best FB when he played. He was a punishing blocker and skilled receiver and rusher. Had the offense featured him more his stats would have been better b/c he had very good hands and could plow through defenders.

OilMan said:
i am happy for floyd little....great player that stayed with bad teams, when he had plenty of opportunities leave, he stuck with broncos

I respect him for that as well b/c he could have had a much better career on even an average team.

dfr52 said:
Kramer should have been inducted years ago and its a shame he's passed over every year. I'd like to see him get inducted before he passes away or gets too old to enjoy the honor.

How is Moose not a HOF'er? He was the league's best FB when he played. He was a punishing blocker and skilled receiver and rusher. Had the offense featured him more his stats would have been better b/c he had very good hands and could plow through defenders.

Jerry Kramer and Moose have very similar situations. Fantastic players at non-glamorous positions that were surrounded by HOFers. It'd be nice if they both got in the same year. 2011 sounds good to me. :)

im not so sure Moose is a HOF'er myself. You start talking about that, then you have to start considering Tom Rathman. I think it would open a can of not so wanted worms. I would like to see their names come up for consideration though, just to see what kind of support they would get.

tolrobb3 said:
Jerry Kramer and Moose have very similar situations. Fantastic players at non-glamorous positions that were surrounded by HOFers. It'd be nice if they both got in the same year. 2011 sounds good to me. :)

I'd love to see that but even as a Cowboys fan I have to give the knod to Kramer first.

Back